Skip to content

Diablo II Enhanced Edition

Comments

• GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    edited May 2019
    O_Bruce said:

1. Holy shiet they have an actual running animation.

They run a lot. I gave those Rogues the AI of Blood Raven, so they are pretty damn good at keeping distance from enemies.
    O_Bruce said:

2. I like how after being killed they turn into corrupted versions of themselves. But I think they should reincarante as archers

They actually do reincarnate as archers :smile:

More teasers!

God said:

Now, while I lack the inclination to turn Diablo II into a fully-fledged RPG-RTS hybrid, an ability to enlist multiple mercenaries into your service is mentioned by the NPCs way too often for me not to turn it into reality. This is why in Diablo II Enhanced Edition, with a heavy enough purse, you will be able to assemble an actual mercenary army by buying mercenary contracts from the respective commanders. These will put you in charge of mercenary troops unlike your smart and talkative interactive companion; troops that are mere meatshields of the most stupid kind, more reminiscent of what may know from Diablo II Classic. They will lack any particularly powerful skills, you will not be able to share equipment with them and their contracts will expire upon ending the game session. Still, I believe that such cannon fodder will greatly increase the viability of defensive, party-oriented skills in singleplayer. Might also feel extra cool to besiege places with this spiteful mob following your command. Or at least just following you, as they will lack the intelligence required for properly obeying orders. Unfortunately, Blizzard did not fully implement follower orders in the game, though interestingly, sound files related to such commands exist in the game.

"Why, enough gold can muster an army." Greiz

(video removed)
    Having tested them a bit, the Iron Wolves' Ice Blast is a bit of an overkill as a skill for cannon fodder. I will probably change it to something weaker, like Telekinesis or something.
    Post edited by God on
    JuliusBorisovlolien

Yo Barb.
    I herd you like masteries so I put more masteries in your masteries so you can master while you master

Who's next to receive more skills, I wonder.
    mlneveselolienJuliusBorisov
  • leekunleekun Member Posts: 12
    Good to see you're still working on the mod!
    Love all the changes so far, though the player mercs seem a little too OP. Hopefully they won't overshadow the original mercs.
    And nice to see a working wilderness rogue scout that isn't getting ignore by mobs for once.
    Can't wait to try the new revision!
    lolienJuliusBorisovGod
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    God said:

Yo Barb.
    I herd you like masteries so I put more masteries in your masteries so you can master while you master

Who's next to receive more skills, I wonder.
    Barbarian being better with crossbows and bows than amazon confirmed?
    JuliusBorisovlolienmlnevese
    O_Bruce said:

Barbarian being better with crossbows and bows than amazon confirmed?

They can't really compete with Amazons. I WILL give them a few ranged abilities, though. Just because I can :lol:

Meanwhile, here are some warcries.

What is this? :lol:

lolienJuliusBorisov
    Silly @God . It's an evil force, obviously.
    lolienGod
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Yes, that is a cow alright.
    God
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    SethDavis said:

Yes, that is a cow alright.

It’s an All Right Cow as well.
    SethDavis

Aaand the final Barbarian skill tree...

With not one, not two but THREE kool bow & crossbow skills. Bowbarian build confirmed! :D

So, the bulky children of Bul-Kathos received 30 new and totally unbalanced skills.
    Time to give them a break, they've much to learn.
    O_BruceJuliusBorisov
    I actually am looking forward to play this mod.
    GodJuliusBorisov

Meanwhile in Kurast, Zakarumite zealots are researching new defensive auras...

GusindalolienJuliusBorisov
    That's the work of professional there. You're really good at making icons. Wonder if you'll release them as a pack?
    Many interesting cool looking skills have been adding to the game. Can't wait to play the shit out of them!
    GodlolienJuliusBorisov
    leekun said:

That's the work of professional there. You're really good at making icons. Wonder if you'll release them as a pack?

I'm not making them by myself, it's a team effort of many great graphic designers :smile:
    It is possible that I will release an icon pack for other modders to use later on.

...and here are some offensive auras

GusindalolienJuliusBorisov
    I just pm'd you. If you have some free time please check it out.
    Thanks in advance.

The final Paladin skill tree...

...though half of the new skills are bugged and/or unusable.
    lolienmlneveseJuliusBorisovGusinda

lolienO_BruceGusindaJuliusBorisov
    Do I see Scythe, Poison and Alchemy masteries there?
    mlneveseGodJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The final icon in the Summoning tree loos like It.

Gusindamlnevesetbone1God
    I wonder if some of new skills from curses skill tree are actually buffs for summons, because that would be pretty cool. I also wonder if they will have similar problem to many original curse skills (that being, it is not necessary to invest more than 1 point in most of the curses).

Aside from that, I think I can see curses lovering resistance to separate elements, as well as magic damage I think.
    GodJuliusBorisov
    O_Bruce said:

I wonder if some of new skills from curses skill tree are actually buffs for summons, because that would be pretty cool. I also wonder if they will have similar problem to many original curse skills (that being, it is not necessary to invest more than 1 point in most of the curses).

Aside from that, I think I can see curses lovering resistance to separate elements, as well as magic damage I think.

The curses are as follows:
    • Slow - slows enemies down,
    • Lower Defence - lowers enemy defence, making them easier to hit,
    • Lower Attack - lowers enemy attack rating, making them miss target more often,
    • Poison Exposure - lowers enemy poison resistance (into negative at high levels),
    • Fire Exposure - lowers enemy fire resistance (into negative at high levels),
    • Cold Exposure - lowers enemy cold resistance (into negative at high levels),
    • Lightning Exposure - lowers enemy lightning resistance (into negative at high levels),
    • Lower Health - lowers enemy maximum health,
    • Magic Exposure - lowers enemy magic resistance (into negative at high levels),
    • Disorient - stuns enemies, which is not technically a curse, so it can be stacked with another.
    Admittedly, the first three curses are somewhat lame, so they may be buffed/reworked at some later point.
    JuliusBorisovO_Bruce
    Who might that be, I wonder... o:)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    A cow? :wink:
    GodArdanisO_Brucetbone1
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited April 2018

A cow? :wink:

That's very thoughtless and insensitive to... whatever social group it might be :)
    God said:

Admittedly, the first three curses are somewhat lame, so they may be buffed/reworked at some later point.

Considering the Lower Resist curse, I'd say 4-7 aren't quite unique either.
    JuliusBorisov

"...and they say Horazon devoured Jazreth's very soul"

mlneveseO_BruceJuliusBorisov
    God said:

"...and they say Horazon devoured Jazreth's very soul"

Quite decent fight scene, although there are things to improve. First of all, the fight scene could use different camera angles and more editing to make the fight more dynamic. The fight choreography could use improvement as well, since paladin was using only two the same swings, obviously faking them because the actor playing Jazreth didn't do convincing reaction shots.

I also think the fight should some build up to it to make stakes higher. That would also enable the viewer to root for one of the side. You can also implement some character development in the fight's narrative - for example, why don't use Blood Clan members attacking the paladin from behind? They could sneak attack him, giving him a wound. That would anger Jazreth, who is looking for worthy opponent and he would fry those goat bastards, then allowing our protagonist to injure him once, so that they could fight on equal grounds once again. This would humanize Jazreth and make him more than generic evil.

But I must say the speciall effect CGI artists used to depict Jazreth's death were on point, giving the limited budget and time.

Wait, so that was gameplay feature. Oh.
    GodlolienJuliusBorisov