Golem Construction for Spellcasters
A mod for BG:EE (with or without SoD)
, EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy)
You can encounter a great number of golems of various types throughout the game. They are strong, resistant, and utterly loyal to their master. Unfortunately they are mostly hostile towards you.
This mod makes an attempt to change it. It scatters a number of tomes across Faerûn containing the secret knowledge of how to construct golems. Reading these books allows you to build golems by yourself, provided you have enough experience, and all the required materials at hand. Only characters knowledgeable in the arcane arts are able to understand the complex theories behind the golem construction.
Golems can exist for a virtually unlimited time, or until destroyed. They can travel with the party all over the world and follow the commands of their master unconditionally.
The main component of the mod installs the "Manual of Golem Building" which comes in six volumes and can be found all over Faerûn. Each tome teaches you to build a different type of golem.
There are also rumors about a "Secret Manual of Golem Building" which teaches you to construct various exotic golem types.Optional Tweaks include:
Golem types taught by the Manuals of Golem Building:
- Replace original Golem Manual: Replaces the now obsolete original Golem Manual with items related to this mod.
- Improve enemy spellcaster AI: Enemy mages and priests attempt to use more effective spells against golems.
- Golems for enemy spellcasters: Enemy mages may be accompanied by one or more golem servants.
- Greater variety of enemy golem types: Enemy golems will come in greater variety. Some fights may become more difficult because of it.
- Fighter Stronghold golems may continue to serve you: One or more golems that survived the siege may serve you if you accept de'Arnise Keep as your stronghold.
- Make golems vulnerable to specific spell effects: A number of spells can (positively or negatively) affect golems of certain golem types.
- Reduce weapon immunities and resistances for constructed golems: Nerfs constructed golems, so that more opponents have a realistic chance to defeat them.
- Identify all mod items: Identifies all items that are installed by this mod, which includes Golem Building Manuals as well as a number of special ingredients for building perfect golem variants.
- Add "Teleport" ability to golems: Adds the "Teleport" ability to all of your golem followers. It allows golems to jump to a party member in visual range instantly, but can only be used when no enemies are in sight.
Golem types taught by the Secret Manuals of Golem Building: Golems that can be commissioned during the BG1 part of the game:
1. Flesh Golems in lesser, regular, greater and perfect variants.
2. Clay Golems in lesser, regular, greater and perfect variants.
3. Stone Golems in lesser, regular, greater and perfect variants.
4. Iron Golems in lesser, regular, greater and perfect variants.
5. Mithral Golems in lesser, regular, greater and perfect variants.
6. Adamantite Golems in lesser, regular, greater and perfect variants.
The construction of golems takes time and has to be done in places with the right equipment. Golem may follow simple commands. You can instruct them to follow each of your command obediently, attack opponents by their own or guard a certain position passively or actively.
More details about the golems, the requirements to build them, their stats, traits and abilities can be found in the mod's readme.Important:
Games must be patched to v2.0 or higher to install this mod.