Skip to content

[MOD] Golem Construction for Spellcasters

1101112131416»

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    BankerBear wrote: »
    Tried installing this mod along with Raduziel's Universal Wizard Spells v2.8 and the Wand Case mods, but it cashes my game to crash each time. Are these mods incompatible?

I don't think so. Those are lightweight mods and shouldn't interfere with the Golem Construction mod.

Could you provide more information?
    - What game are you running (BGEE, SoD, EET, ...)?
    - Are you running the latest game patch (v2.6)?
    - When or how does the game crash?
    - Are these crashes reproducible?

If you run the game through Steam then it could also be that the Steam client tried to "repair" the game and removed or reset some modified content. In that case I'd suggest to create a copy of the game directory on a location outside of the Steam folder (e.g. C:\Games) and run it directly with the game executable. You'll lose access to the cloud save feature and achievements that way, however.
  • Soldier0fortunESoldier0fortunE Member Posts: 3
    Hi there, im trying to install this mod on an EET install, but i keep getting the following install error. Any ideas?

I'm guessing its due to another mod, but im just not sure which one. Its definately something in the BG2EE folder, as i managed to install it with no problem in the BG1 folder just to test.

INSERT_BYTES out of bounds - file is long 41412, point given is 58434
    ERROR: [ar5202.wed] -> [override/ar5202.wed] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("INSERT_BYTES out of bounds"))
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Golem Construction Ability for Spellcasters], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 1159 files for [A7-GOLEMCONSTRUCTION/A7-GOLEMCONSTRUCTION.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 1159 files for [A7-GOLEMCONSTRUCTION/A7-GOLEMCONSTRUCTION.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Failure("INSERT_BYTES out of bounds")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-A7-GOLEMCONSTRUCTION.DEBUG and look for support at: http://www.shsforums.net/forum/652-golem-construction-ee/
    Using Language [English]
    I agree that it's most likely caused by a previous modification of the file by another mod. To find out the potential culprit you can perform a changelog on the affected file:
    1. Create a copy of "setup-A7-GolemConstruction.exe" and rename it to "weidu.exe"
    2. Run the following command in the console:
    weidu.exe --change-log ar5202.wed

It should list all mod components that made any changes to the specified file.

This error is related to an optional side quest that is available in the ToB part of the game. You can probably complete the installation by disabling this side quest. To do this:
    - Open the file "A7-GolemConstruction/A7-GolemConstruction.tp2" with a text editor
    - Scroll down to line 279 and remove the line "INCLUDE ~%MOD_FOLDER%/lib/quest1.tph~"
    - Save the changes
    - Restart installation of the mod
    Removing that line did it, many thanks. Just for future reference, what did you mean by run that line in the console? The in game console? I made a copy and named it weidu and tried to copy paste that command into the command line but nothing happened? Apologies, im new to modding BG and sometimes this shit is like another language lol.
    Removing that line did it, many thanks. Just for future reference, what did you mean by run that line in the console? The in game console?

No, I meant to open the command prompt (or terminal). Switch to the installation folder of the game with the "cd" command:
    cd "C:\Games\Baldur's Gate II"

or wherever the game is installed, and execute the weidu command from my previous comment.
    Ahh im with you now. Thank you again.