Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[MOD] Golem Construction for Spellcasters

18910111214»

Comments

• MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 890
    Will the SCS component "Improved Golems" harm this mod? I could tell from the install log that it affected them, but I wasn't sure if that also meant that it broke them.

• TulgasTulgas Member Posts: 19
    edited September 30
    Nice mod, a lot of things, but seems I made a mistake when used most resistant version and now Golems rule whole Faerun.
    Magic Golem is completely invulnerable to Demogorgon and makes final Keep battle a bit frustrating as toughest boss in game can't scratch this construct. Either it's construction must be much harder/costly/trickier (I'd prefer this option), either version of mod with strongest 100% resistant golems marked as unrecommended. But definitely not inconsistent nerf, Golems under player control must be as strong as encountered.

Post edited by Tulgas on
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 2,937
    Tulgas wrote: »
    Nice mod, a lot of things, but seems I made a mistake when used most resistant version and now Golems rule whole Faerun.
    Magic Golem is completely invulnerable to Demogorgon and makes final Keep battle a bit frustrating as toughest boss in game can't scratch this construct. Either it's construction must be much harder/costly/trickier (I'd prefer this option), either version of mod with strongest 100% resistant golems marked as unrecommended. But definitely not inconsistent nerf, Golems under player control must be as strong as encountered.
    The golem's resilience is mainly based on their immunity to weapon enchantment and certain damage type resistances for selected golem types. This is a problem for weaker enemies the party can probably beat on their own, but less likely for stronger enemies. Golem HP, AC as well as saves are actually rather underwhelming in many cases.

However, you're right with Magic Golems. They shouldn't be invulnerable to bosses. I solved a related issue with enemy mages a while ago by giving them golem-damaging spells. Maybe I can do something similar for magic golems.

• TulgasTulgas Member Posts: 19
    There seem to be a small fix nessesary, if game option "rest until healed" enabled, rest with unhealed golem may take around 8 days, which may broke some time depended quests.

Tulgas wrote: »
    There seem to be a small fix nessesary, if game option "rest until healed" enabled, rest with unhealed golem may take around 8 days, which may broke some time depended quests.

I'd say the "Rest until healed" feature is rather broken, since you can rest for days even without golems in your party. The whole mechanism is hardcoded, so there isn't much I can do modding-wise. This is one of the features I would never use in BG2 and only very carefully in BG1.

Tulgas
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 890
    If you are cursed by a golem with an inability to heal, you can go nearly a MONTH with that "rest until healed" feature. It also assumes that there is someone in the party who can heal, otherwise, several days sounds about right.

As for questions - I have run across the regular golem manuals 1, 3, and 4, and secret manuals 1 and 2. Is there a hint for where regular golem manual #2 might be?

Maurvir wrote: »
    I have run across the regular golem manuals 1, 3, and 4, and secret manuals 1 and 2. Is there a hint for where regular golem manual #2 might be?

No hints. Just search in places that are known to contain magical artifacts. For more specific pointers see the spoiler section.
    You should be able to find one somewhere in the Planar Sphere. Another one can be found in Watcher's Keep, second level. Later in the game you can also purchase several golem manuals from merchants (e.g. Ribald or that scroll merchant in Saradush/Amkethran).

• tokduitokdui Member Posts: 9
    Hi, I got the book for bone golem, but Nemphre won't give me the option to construct one. I can contruct doll no problem.

edited October 19
    tokdui wrote: »
    Hi, I got the book for bone golem, but Nemphre won't give me the option to construct one. I can contruct doll no problem.

For this type of golem you'll have to pay a visit to Nemphre's rival, Arkion, instead. He lives somewhere at the southern edge of the entrance area (south of the Elfsong Tavern).

• tokduitokdui Member Posts: 9
    argent77 wrote: »

For this type of golem you'll have to pay a visit to Nemphre's rival, Arkion, instead. He lives somewhere at the southern edge of the entrance area (south of the Elfsong Tavern).

Thank you for your fast response. For some reason, I don't have the option to give Arkion the bone golem's construction menual. I only got the option to construct doll golem from Arkion.

argent77 wrote: »

Thank you for your fast response. For some reason, I don't have the option to give Arkion the bone golem's construction menual. I only got the option to construct doll golem from Arkion.

Sorry, I confused Doll Golem with Bone Doll. The Bone Doll can be created by Nemphre. But since creation requires more serious necromantic rituals, she won't do it for good-aligned protagonists or if party reputation is 16 or higher.