Skip to content

[MOD] Golem Construction for Spellcasters

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    edited May 2017

It is none of those. I get two options (not home so para-phrasing).
    1) I want to ask you about the Illithium substitute.
    2) Nothing at the moment.

Is it this conversation branch?
    "I trust you got on with Unger? Don't go telling me that you buggered up my only source for illithium."
    + Everything is fine. Sorry to bother you.
    + I wanted to ask about that substitute for illithium.
    In that case it looks like an issue caused by the game itself. Can you tell me exactly what you have done to finish the Illithium quest (dialog choices, etc.)?

You can try the following console command while the mouse cursor is placed over Jerlia:
    C:SetGlobal("OreSub","LOCALS",1)
    Does it help?
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I asked for her source and payed the 1k gold. I went and spoke to source and then went and got the Illithium (after taking care of the evil SOB and ghosts). Brought metal to Salizar and went and told church. Asked and got second quest and started it. Went back to merchant and see (see screenshot).

How do you activate the console to enter the command (been a long time since I did it last. Before EE came out).
    How to enable the debug console.

Is "Salizar" a mod character? I have always assumed you meant "Sir Sarles" instead.
    That is what I meant. The Church artist quest. Sorry for the confusion.
    I have replayed that quest myself and there is indeed an issue with Jerlia's dialog itself. Even after finishing the quest by getting the reward from the church she still acts as if you haven't finished it yet.

I'll make a bug report on redmine. In the meantime you can execute the console command mentioned a few posts ago to set a local variable for Jerlia. It should allow you to get past this issue.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    edited May 2017
    A small bug - with Spell Rev, all Slow effects and spells can dispel Haste; with Golem Construction Golem Slow can't. Ditto viceversa, slow is dispelled by haste. It's done via custom sectype; so you could just patch the effect onto your slow spells. (if SR is detected, mark Golem slow with sectype k1#slow, add 221 to remove k1#haste, no save); or clone the exisiting Golem Slow (that one gets patched by SR) into your new spell and add whatever other effects to it.
    Thanks. I'll look into it.
  • OzmanderOzmander Member Posts: 1
    I've always wanted to try this mod, but when attempting to install, it stops and says "./setup-A7!GolemConstruction -bash: !GolemConstruction: event not found". And I've figured out what this means.
    I install it the same way I do all my other mods, and I use WeiDU on a mac if that helps. I'd love to try a playthrough with this mod and thanks for any advice.
    It's most likely caused by the exclamation mark found in the setup filename. Try to escape the character with a backslash when you execute the binary in the shell:
    ./setup-A7\!GolemConstruction
    argent77, I have a question/request for you. I see that you made the large golems more able to fit through passages and doorways now. This has changed the strategies I use in certain areas.

So here is the question/request. Can you make it so earth elementals can be like the iron golems in size for how they fit through passages and doorways? It seems odd that large golems can move places that the earth elementals can't.
    I'd rather not modify creatures that are unrelated to the mod content. The changed personal space is merely a result of the different creature animation I'm using for iron golems.

You can modify personal space of creatures yourself if you want to. Open the relevant INI file in Near Infinity and change the value of the "personal_space" entry.

For earth elementals: In file 7300.INI change "personal_space=5" to something smaller (e.g. "personal_space=3" as used by IWD-style iron golems).
    For air elementals: Do the same in file 7320.INI.

Btw, personal space and selection circle size are handled independently by the games. Afaik, circle size changes only the visual appearance of the selection circle, but does not control how creatures interact with the game world. You can change the "ellipse" value to increase or reduce circle size.
    Thanks for the info!
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Ozmander said:

I've always wanted to try this mod, but when attempting to install, it stops and says "./setup-A7!GolemConstruction -bash: !GolemConstruction: event not found".

I am also having this issue and I can't understand how to fix it..... Please, could you provide additional details?
    edited June 2017
    @Luke93 See this post for a solution. It's caused by the exclamation mark in the filename which has a special meaning in the shell.
    edited June 2017
    So I need to rename the folder "A7!GolemConstruction" to "A7\!GolemConstruction" and the file "A7!GolemConstruction.tp2" to "A7\!GolemConstruction.tp2" ? I tried this, but it didn't work....
    edited June 2017
    No, you don't have to rename anything. The line from above is how you would execute the setup binary in a unix shell. The backslash tells the shell to treat the following character as a normal character without special meaning.

I don't know how you install mods usually though. If you install mods with a global weidu binary, it should probably look like this instead (not tested):
    weidu A7\!GolemConstruction/setup-A7\!GolemConstruction.tp2
    edited June 2017
    So, I am on a Mac and I install mods with the Mac WeiDu launcher provided by @subtledoctor : I double-click that launcher, select your mod and then I get that error....
    edited June 2017
    I made it work by renaming the folder "A7!GolemConstruction" to "A7GolemConstruction" and the file "A7!GolemConstruction.tp2" to "A7GolemConstruction.tp2" (I simply deleted the exclamation mark in the filename).

But now when I choose the language (English), I get this:

Choose your language:
    0 [English]
    1 [Francais (traduction: Gwendolyne)]
    2 [Deutsch]
    3 [Polski (tlumaczenie: Cahir)]
    Using Language [English]

Using ./lang/it_it/dialog.tlk and ./lang/it_it/dialogF.tlk

Couldn't open the readme: file not found.
    ERROR: No translation provided for @1
    Continuing despite error.

Would you like to display the components from [UNDEFINED STRING: @1]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?

So basically it is not using the right lang folder (it is supposed to use en_US......)
    edited June 2017
    Luke93 said:

So, I am on a Mac and I install mods with the Mac WeiDu launcher provided by @subtledoctor : I double-click that launcher, select your mod and then I get that error....

Hmm, in that case I can do nothing. The launcher itself should be updated to handle special characters correctly.

Renaming folder and tp2 file is not enough. You'd also have to update a number of path definitions in the tp2 script file itself (which I wouldn't recommend).

If you know how to use the terminal you can try to install the mod via command line as suggested in my previous post. Copy the weidu binary into the game's root folder if there is none yet and rename it to "setup-A7!GolemConstruction" (can be done with the file manager of your choice). Afterwards open the terminal, navigate into the game's root folder and execute:
    ./setup-A7\!GolemConstruction
    @subtledoctor Please, could you have a look at this mod? It seems your launcher cannot handle special characters in an appropriate way (so it seems impossible to install this mod on a Mac with your launcher.....)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I wasn't really aware of the trouble this particular special character would cause on non-Windows systems when I developed the mod. Usually, something like this can be circumvented by enclosing the name in quotes, but in this case there appears to be an exception when Bash is involved.

I tend to use different special characters after the modder prefix to avoid clashes with all my other existing (and future) mods. However, in hindsight I should have make an exception for folder and tp2 file names. I'll see if I can solve this issue without too much trouble.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Hello
    apart from having a creature following you and doing your bidding, is there any other purpose behind this mod?

edited July 2017
    Yes. You can also have a second and third creature following you and doing your bidding. :p

I would see it as an alternate option to summoning creatures. And for what it's worth, hunting for and collecting ingredients or artifacts for the build process can be fun too.

The mod can also modify or replace hostile golems of the games and optionally alters their resistances to make them more vulnerable to specific high-level spells.

The mod contains a document which describes in detail the available golem types and their requirements if you want to know more.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Arthas said:

Hello
    apart from having a creature following you and doing your bidding, is there any other purpose behind this mod?

Nope. Other than enhancing gameplay and adding to the 'fun factor', there is no other point to this mod. ;)
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited July 2017
    you could make a "purpose" by making a requirement somewhere that you must have a golem in order that it could lift something heavy thus revealing an item underneath - the ultimate golem ingredient! :D
    edited July 2017
    bob_veng said:

you could make a "purpose" by making a requirement somewhere that you must have a golem in order that it could lift something heavy thus revealing an item underneath - the ultimate golem ingredient! :D

Golem strength is irrelevant with the many Girdles of Giant Strength that are available in the game.

However, there is a single artifact remaining in the mod that cannot be acquired yet without cheating. Maybe I can come up with a small quest which requires specific golem traits to acquire it.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    cool!

...btw - what artifact :)