[MOD] Verr'Sza NPC (for BGEE and SoD)

Comments

• BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    edited December 2017
    oop didn't read carefully enough sorry lol
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,666
    Uhm, ok. Sure :P
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    Question, will voice acting be added eventually? and also why did you not use the rakshasa model that bg2 uses?

i am enjoying the mod so far, just curious
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Baxyratty said:

Question, will voice acting be added eventually? and also why did you not use the rakshasa model that bg2 uses?

i am enjoying the mod so far, just curious

1) There is a voice acted sound set, which is already more than most mods get nowadays.

2) The rakshasa model only has animations for one weapon, no armor customization and has tiger stripes. It does not fit the naztharune lore.
    Exactly what Artemius_I said :)
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    Is there any chance of crossmod banters with Sirene?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @RVNS

Crossmod was in previous versions and therefore wasn't mentioned in the update.
    wonderful
    @Artemius_I do they get along? I am looking for a cohesive BG/sod party.
    Well, they will both stay in party, but I wouldn't call these two best friends... or friends at all...
    @Artemius_I ?
    Okay, small update. Due to small confusion caused by the version flags (vBETA2.4 => v1.0) I decided to change the numbering. From now on, to make it clear that this is the newest version, the version flag was changed (v1.0 => v3.0).

BTW, I also forgot to implement the reputation loss for joining rakshasa. Now it's in the mod - so the newest version is 3.1. That should be more clear and sorry for the confusion.
    CaszidyMirandel
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Time for another installation :)
    LavaDelVortel
    Took me a while, but I listened to your suggestions, @Mirandel ;)
    Mirandel
    Oh! Nice, @Pantalion - do you have it in a bigger version so it could be cropped so it was matching other BG portraits? BTW, it's been so long since someone shared something inspired by one of my mods :) It means much for me :) Thank you :)
    PantalionCaszidyRaduziellolien
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Well, I have this:

I don't really work in large scale pictures though, so that's as big as it gets, sorry.
    ThacoBellLavaDelVortelCaszidy
    Well this is about as good as I got for increasing the size without losing quality. You're welcome to play around with it to do better though.

ThacoBellCaszidy
    I see :) Still, it's nice to see the full version of him :) I made a fixed cropping + some sharpening mask so it used similar scale as original BG1 portraits, but I am not sure if I can share it here. I will do it only if you let me do so :)

I see :) Still, it's nice to see the full version of him :) I made a fixed cropping + some sharpening mask so it used similar scale as original BG1 portraits, but I am not sure if I can share it here. I will do it only if you let me do so :)

Sure, you've my full permission to do whatever with it.
    LavaDelVortelThacoBellCaszidylolien
    Oh, so here it is :)

I am also wondering... I do not include alternative portraits as seperate components, because people do not know get previews in WeiDU and sometimes they don't know what portrait they are installing, but I am wondering... perhaps I should add it to the package as an alternative portrait + some info in the readme so people who like it could just copy your version to the override. What do you think? :)
    ThacoBellCaszidy

Oh, so here it is :)

I am also wondering... I do not include alternative portraits as seperate components, because people do not know get previews in WeiDU and sometimes they don't know what portrait they are installing, but I am wondering... perhaps I should add it to the package as an alternative portrait + some info in the readme so people who like it could just copy your version to the override. What do you think? :)

Neat. Much more defined than my attempt.

And sure, you're more than welcome to include it.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited January 2018
    I like the alternative portraits option as his original portrait is pretty fierce looking. @Pantalion has got his quest armor down pat though. :)
    LavaDelVortel
    Will include the alternative portrait in the package so everyone who likes it, could copy it to the override :) It won't appear during the installation because - as I said - I believe it's better to have note in readme and make player check it before actually installing it. Oh and obviously you will be there, in credits @Pantalion :)

BTW, have you played SoD part? If I remember correctly, he left your team because of the reputation increase, right?
    Caszidy

Will include the alternative portrait in the package so everyone who likes it, could copy it to the override :) It won't appear during the installation because - as I said - I believe it's better to have note in readme and make player check it before actually installing it. Oh and obviously you will be there, in credits @Pantalion :)

BTW, have you played SoD part? If I remember correctly, he left your team because of the reputation increase, right?

Been doing hardcore runs lately, so I've still not managed to get through to SoD lately, despite taking him a few times. Getting tired of dying, so I'll probably be moving on shortly either way.
    I see :) Because in SoD there is a new character if Verr is romanced and...
    the character introduced in SoD is an important character in BG2EE if you decide to continue the romance in the 2nd part of the game. I'm wondering if you're going to like that.

I see :) Because in SoD there is a new character if Verr is romanced and...

the character introduced in SoD is an important character in BG2EE if you decide to continue the romance in the 2nd part of the game. I'm wondering if you're going to like that.
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure I follow the romance before SoD.
    LavaDelVortel
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    edited January 2018
    Hello! So I installed Verr'sza using Big World Setup and I ran into a little snag. For some reason when choosing his proficiencies it's only the cleric weapon list. I can work around this with EEkeeper but am a bit confused. It might just be a conflict with one of the other mods I'm using though I wasn't informed of any clashing mods during installation.

Otherwise I LOVE this character a lot and my chaotic good gnome is going to romance him because she's naive and thinks he's sexy.

Edit: I think I see the problem. The Big World Setup version is still on 2.4 where I see the current version is 3.2.
    I have no idea why something like that would happen. Looks as if some other mod patched kit's prof. list. I hope it won't be too annoying, though!

As for the romance - okay, well... he isn't THAT bad :P There are some good characters he may like tiny bit. And let's hope that in some time BG2EE portion will be ready so you could once continue the relationship in the 2nd part of the game.

Cheers!