Skip to content

[MOD] Verr'Sza NPC (for BGEE and SoD)

Comments

• scorpiovascorpiova Member Posts: 87
    edited September 2016
    Very nice, I am going to add him :)

Does your Whyte companion mod work with BGEE/SoD as well?
    Post edited by scorpiova on
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,666
    White should work, too BUT there is no SoD content for him and there won't be, because of White's story. Sorry. Also if you want to intall while, check this post. Because of SHS problem with database, I can't update the mod. But Artemius_I provided a solution.

Verr'Sza - as I said - includes SoD content.
    Cheers!
  • scorpiovascorpiova Member Posts: 87

White should work, too BUT there is no SoD content for him and there won't be, because of White's story. Sorry. Also if you want to intall while, check this post. Because of SHS problem with database, I can't update the mod. But Artemius_I provided a solution.

Verr'Sza - as I said - includes SoD content.
    Cheers!

Thanks. I am really enjoying Verr.
    LavaDelVortel
    I'm glad! Note that if you want to romance him, you need to make an allusion or two (also possible in drunk talk - just make sure he's really drunk). If not, just... well, do not "dare him" or do not make sexual allusions :P He may be just a fine warrior, no need to be THAT kind to him ;)
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Just to chip in - I'm all for EE+SoD+EE2 characters, so should you @LavaDelVortel find the time, desire, inclination and modding stamina to add EE2 content I'd be very happy.
    lolien
    Perhaps one day. I have an idea for BG2 content, the problem is the time. And I need to finish this mod first:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61754/in-progress-will-of-the-wisps-shamanic-enhancements
    But thanks! I did not forget about Verr :)
    Aasimlolien
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    v2.4 beta of this mod has been added to Big World Setup.
    lolien
  • vanmoriel86vanmoriel86 Member Posts: 1
    having an issue with installing VERRSZA, when speaking to him its clearly the incorrect script. i have no other mods and have downloaded and nstalled the latest version of it x
    edited January 2017
    @vanmoriel86 - I need more information:
    -what's the platform (I guess it's just up-to-date BG1EE, right? With SoD?)
    -as I understand, it's not a problem with installing the mod BUT with the content, right? Wrong dialogue fires or something?
    -what talk fires (provide the first line, please)? When it fires?

Please, provide more information - no modder can help you if you don't describe the problem and the circumstances.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Another very nice NPC you have made here. I like the voice work. He has that slightly scary and unpredictable feel about him when I ran with him (and that is good).
    lolien
    I'm glad you're enjoying adventuring with him! :)
    lolien
  • LughChulainnLughChulainn Member Posts: 14
    I've been having a great time with Verr'Sza and my priest of Talos. I was wondering if you were going to put him in SoA/ToB?
    @LughChulainn - eh... well... I won't lie, that this is more possible than White making it to BG2, but it means quite much work because how I would imagine BG2 content...
    In my plans, Phalh - his brother's kid we may take care of in SoD - would be old enought to become a normal companion; he's like a young teen in SoD, and I assume rakshasa's may grow strong and tall a bit faster than human children and he was trained a bit in SoD already, so he would be ready, maybe just a bit reckless due to his age... However, that means writing two NPCs, not one...
    So yes, I thought of it quite a bit already, but I think you'll first see some other releases from me as they are in a quite advanced state. That would be Dusky NPC for IWD EE with a m/m romance, which I consider a kind of... addition to Kulyok's IWD NPCs. Plus, there is Southern Edge, a new Athkatla district. I'm also going to update some of my older mods... all of it takes quite much time and work, but I'm not sayin "no" to your question :) Mostly because I actually enjoyed writing Verr. He's deadly cute. Hah.
    EekanImpLughChulainn
    I liked him better then Dorn, make that of what you will. And no, I'm not brown nosing. I thought that Verr was genuinely better both in character and game-play thanks to his unique Ranger kit.
    Hah! Thank you. If there will be any progress on BG2 portion, I'll let you know :)
    LughChulainn
    Thanks, I'll keep an eye out.
    Some news for you, but note that there are some minor spoilers here, in this announcement.

In case someone was interested - I wrote some bits of Verr BG2. You will get three options:
    a) join him and continue the BG1EE romance
    b) join him and start the BG2 portion as if you two never met (you may also romance him, if you want)
    c) join him as if you two were companions before, but never were in a relationship (just companions)

Basically, during the first dialogue you set some variables that may affect your dialogues. It's not like everything will be 100% different, but some lines may change. The major change will appear if you're continuing BG1 romance, because then you won't only join Verr'Sza, but also someone else. Then it will be a pair of NPCs, because during SoD he decided to take care of someone and he did not change his mind. That someone will also have timered dialogues , banters, interjections etc. You may still join him as if you two never met before - then it will be just one NPC, not a paired one.

If you two met him in BG1 and if you romanced him, you had some influence on him and made him take care of a different character. If it wasn't for you, deal player, he would never get the chance, his story would differ. So yes, that additional character is in a way part of the romance. It's hard to explain without spoining the story. Heh.

There will be much more content than in BG1 porion. However, because of that, it takes much more time to write that, so don't expect the mod to be out for another while. But I thought I would share some news with you. I must say that writing Verr is quite entertaining. Also writing a character who is fairly aware of his high libido and starts to open up later in game makes it even more interesting to write. It's not like sex is some kind of prize for talking. It's the other way round - it starts with sex. Then he may start to talk more; tell you something about himself. You may find out how purely sexual relationship becomes something more. It's a bit like that in BG1 portion, so do not expect anything different from BG2 :)

Once I have something more, I'll start a BG2 mod section, but first, I need much more material.
    megamike15Zaghoul
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Hey @LavaDelVortel
    I've really enjoyed your mod and have a small suggestion:
    Since Verr'sza's kit is a new one, it's not supported by FnP, and thus if you play with both, you only get a couple of spells through FnP. This is far from a priority, and hardly an hindrance at all (one does not pick a ranger for his spellcasting abilities), but something you might consider doing is adding him spheres so that it would work with FnP
  • TizTTizT Member Posts: 2
    Hi!

I am so so excited about Ver! Sounds very interesting, and I am about to start my playthrough with him :)

I only have one problem, I can't install the dlc content. It says there is an error with my chitin.key "sodrace.2da not found".

I have used the modmerger... is there something else I could do?

Tnx!
    LughChulainn
    Hi! Hmm, my first thought was that the modmerge is missing. So you need:
    1. Updated BG1EE
    2. SoD (if you're installing the SoD component)
    3. Modmerge (installed, not just copied) - you need to run it in your main BG1 directory and SoD must be already installed.

These should be the only conditions. Maybe someone else have any ideas. @argent77 @Artemius_I - any ideas?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,428
    This error happens if you try to install the SoD component on a pure BG1EE installation.

@TizT Please double-check that modmerge has been executed correctly. When merged correctly there should be a folder "sod-dlc" containing lots of files with .BIF extension. There should also be a file called "sod-dlc.key" in the game installation folder.

@LavaDelVortel I would suggest to make the component conditional, e.g. by adding
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE (GAME_IS ~bgee~ AND GAME_INCLUDES ~sod~) ~Requires Siege of Dragonspear.~
    In that case you have to update WeiDU to v240 though.
    LavaDelVortel
    Thanks, @argent77 - once I'm updating the mod, I will include it. However, I am waiting for @swit to come back from wherever he is, because I would also like to include EET compatibility and I can't do that on my own as I'm not familiar with EET, just as I wasn't familiar with BGT issues.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited June 2017
    Of course I find this AFTER I just finished my BG1 test npc run. Oh well, I'll keep this in mind for my next run. Out of curiosity, how do you handle the transition to SoD? Does verrszha stay in the party for the starter dungeon? And if not recruited in BG1, where can you find him in SoD?
    @ThacoBell He is a 'fun' character. I am starting another run with him to see some things I missed. IIRC he stays in the SoD dungeon and you can meet him at the Elfsong in SOD.

I am always reminded of this old Sylvester the cat cartoon when takin Verr along, esp. given he can switch to claw attacks at will (there is a black panther on the loose and he surprises other characters, hehheh, just a short lil 17sec clip).
    youtube.com/watch?v=GFM9v4xsDzE
    ThacoBell
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    edited June 2017
    This is my second PT with mighty Verr'Sza and I finally remember to ask about couple things bothering me.

First - he is placed in the same room as Quentin from RE. Feels a bit weird. Was it on purpose or did I get some error during installation (there are some in other quests, so, would not be surprised, but I do not touch what is working even if in general and did not dare to reinstall everything).

And another - yet again, as impatient as I am, I had cheated in StF scroll first time my Charname reach FAI, because I see no reasons to attack (actually, to encounter) Cronius. It feels like I missed some dialog option (I think I checked them all) or some NPC pointing out a reason to go to the room and attack a total stranger. But again, I think I talked to every commoner in the Inn. If there is something there other then murdering/pickpocket a legitimate guest inside his room just for fun, I would like to know. I am not too far into game and would love to get Verr'Sza properly.
    Hi, Mirandel! Here are my answers:

First - yeah, I forgot Quentin from RE is out there. That won't case any trouble unless Quentin is hurt during the fight.

Another thing you mentioned - there are some options there. First, you may just attack Cronius if you're pure evil. BUT you may also go to any temple (like the one on the same area), buy the scroll and then, Cronius will attack you as you just freed his "prisoner". However, if you are a powerful woman/man who knows magic, there is an option to tell him that you know it's not just some statue. Then Cronius will panic and attack you on your own. So there is no need to attack him on your own :) Also note that the mod was written for evil parties (even though that he may stay with good characters) so I thought that joining him should be something else than some lawful good act of freeing poor cat :)
    Wise_Grimwald

Hi, Mirandel! Here are my answers:

First - yeah, I forgot Quentin from RE is out there. That won't case any trouble unless Quentin is hurt during the fight.

Another thing you mentioned - there are some options there. First, you may just attack Cronius if you're pure evil. BUT you may also go to any temple (like the one on the same area), buy the scroll and then, Cronius will attack you as you just freed his "prisoner". However, if you are a powerful woman/man who knows magic, there is an option to tell him that you know it's not just some statue. Then Cronius will panic and attack you on your own. So there is no need to attack him on your own :) Also note that the mod was written for evil parties (even though that he may stay with good characters) so I thought that joining him should be something else than some lawful good act of freeing poor cat :)
    Thanks a lot! It's more clear now. Now - demands! :) I am kidding, of course - humble inquiry.

Is it possible to move either Quentin (you are one of the creator of that gem - RE) or Cronius? One can be careful with AoE but ... romantic dinner in presence of that pare or with a dead body on the floor becomes that much less romantic. Mood and atmosphere is everything in that kind of encounters :)

And another question if it's possible to tune down a bit that wonderful option about mentioning the statue is not just a statue? So, not only high level mage (what level should it be exactly, btw?) could provoke Cronius attack?
    I totally understand the part about evil parties and "saving kittens from the trees", but we are in FAI, where even CE Charname should understand (and get) consequences for attacking someone without provocation. As with the scroll - there has to be a reason to buy one. Would be so nice to have have that option for everyone! As well as someone sending you up to look at "very life-like statue of a daemon" or something.

Just ignore, please, if it sounds too demanding. It's just hard to resist requesting stuff when authors in an arms reach :)
    @mirandel So far I've had a mage, druid, shaman, bard, and a cleric/thief (course they all know magic, I see now) get the option to notice the statue was petrified. Just curious as to what class your CHARNAME was at the time. It is not tied to lvl as far as I can see so far, as I have noticed it at 1st lvl,more to THE class I suppose as Lava mentioned.
    LavaDelVortelThacoBell
    Yep. No lvl / exp check, my skilled woman/man I meant adventurer who knows magic :)
    First one was FC and current - CR (modded, if it matters). No such option for me :( Would it work if mage in the party (Xar) makes talking? Btw, cheated in scroll of StF Cronius did not spot either.
    I'll try to re-play the scene with different scrolls and party members.