Skip to content

What is your irl class?

Comments

• ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253
    The poll states wizard, which is a bit odd. I think ranger (outdoorsy, sword combaty)/ bard (jack of all trades, best suited for service management) would fit best.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Drow have natural magic like abilities.
    Witches weigh as much as ducks.
    Viconia is drow.
    Therefore...Viconia weighs as much as a duck.

Yes, I will join you at your court in Camelot.
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Grum said:

Yes, I will join you at your court in Camelot.

Good! you wait there and have ham and jam and spam a lot. I'll be attending to the great perril at Castle Anthrax single-handedly :smiley:
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    peasant
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    if this was 3.5 I'd be a Commoner NPC Class, level 1 in 2e I think I'm just an NPC with a statline and one or two highlighted skills relevant for the DM to know tucked away a few pages into an adventure
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    I'd have gone for a Monk, but I am not spiritual and don't agree with your description. (I was annoyed because I think Monks don't need to be only "eastern-Asia-style combatants". Then I remembered I did kungfu for 10 years and...well...)

Lawful Evil to True Neutral Rogue mixed with a Fighter/Barbarian. Mechanically and physically very able and agile. Honors strength. Despises weakness and complaints. No problem getting physical.
  • cbarchukcbarchuk Member Posts: 322
    I took the test as well which gave me Cleric. I'm not surprised though. I'm a Christian and my faith is the most important thing to me.

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited August 2016
    I will have to assume "Commoner" is a valid class. I don't believe anybody but an olympian could fully bear the implications of a D&D class, "realistically".

Or maybe I'm a "Xan", but without the spells. That would explain everything.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    I'm a wizard. I can see that wizard is a big majority in this poll. That doesn't surprise me. To me Baldur's Gate and these sorts of games require a... specific intelligence to truly appreciate and grasp.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I don't think all the people who say commoner are being very fair to themselves.
    @thedamages the OP's linked test says I'm a Wizard but I seriously feel more like a non-violent Blackguard or non-gifted Sorcerer than a Wizard, and certainly more like a commoner than any of those options...but there is an "Other" option so I took advantage of it lol

Maybe I can compromise and say I'm a multi-class commoner/Wizard, like a commoner apprentice who got a level in Wizard and then leveled up in commoner thereafter (it's not like I can cast spells above 1st level with my Int anyway lmao)
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    When I answered, I wasn't thinking of what I could do in a fantasy world, I was thinking about the things I do in the real world and giving them fantasy labels. I practice the arcane arts of system administration and scripting, so I'm a wizard. I was a soldier, and before that an avid outdoorsman, so I have a level of fighter and ranger.

I never really saw commoner as a class. And I feel this thread works just as well to determine what class your gifts lean you towards, not necessarily just what you are trained in.

Ah, but it is a class! Which led to this, which might be my favourite Class Handbook thread on the entire Giant in the Playground forums.
  • cameosiscameosis Member Posts: 28
    my favorite class is first class.
    cameosis said:

my favorite class is first class.

I prefer coach.
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    my IRL class is

potato
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    InKal said:

my IRL class is

potato

With the couch kit?
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    BillyYank said:

InKal said:

my IRL class is

potato

With the couch kit?
    I was thinking more of the cheese and gravy kit.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    A detailed analysis of your poll revealed that the animal question seems to lack mushroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGlyFc79BUE

I refuse to comment on the underrepresentation of squirrels :expressionless:
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    This thread is about class, not race :tongue:
    One can be a mushroom fighter. Probably ...
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I swear—I don't know what I'll do if I have to sit through yet another 10 hours of badgers. But it'll probably involve making tea.
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    Since I went to infantry school amohib asst sch sniper schl ranger schl and was before and after schooled the marines schooled in martail arts and weapon toting schools I am like a barbarian ranger fighter since I like hunting and of course take pictures of wasted tracks of war lands. I also had training in using the grill and ham slicerachine sp maybe I am dual classed. Now though I just take the odd contract gov job so I am kinda like Jason Bourne except dumber fatter richer and more dangerous. All of you who said wizard should just ne jonesy and say you are chubby scribes who never would get taken into a dungeon... whereas I even fought sea monsters.... well I was attacked by tamatoe clown fish... i also have training with toilet and shower viehcle cleaning but I dony know wut class that is maybe paladin
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    edited September 2016
    Beowulf said:

Since I went to infantry school amohib asst sch sniper schl ranger schl and was before and after schooled the marines schooled in martail arts and weapon toting schools I am like a barbarian ranger fighter since I like hunting and of course take pictures of wasted tracks of war lands. I also had training in using the grill and ham slicerachine sp maybe I am dual classed. Now though I just take the odd contract gov job so I am kinda like Jason Bourne except dumber fatter richer and more dangerous. All of you who said wizard should just ne jonesy and say you are chubby scribes who never would get taken into a dungeon... whereas I even fought sea monsters.... well I was attacked by tamatoe clown fish... i also have training with toilet and shower viehcle cleaning but I dony know wut class that is maybe paladin

I'm just impressed that someone could be a marine sniper and an army ranger, while finding time to use the grill/ham slice machine and clean toilets/showers. Truly, a modern renaissance man.
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
    A Shapeshifter. I am a grumpy old bear in the morning, eat like a pig, laugh like a horse, swim like a fish and sleep like a log - Well you get logs in nature and Shapeshifters are Druids....
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    Yeah if ur a supa locked on Marine theyvput you in all the cool schools. I never bought a "Ranger" black t-shirt this Marine recon guy did and would wear it at the big base gym. Then some Msrines would come ask him if he was army and he then get to boast about how he was so cool his command sent him there. But even lame marine arti guys go to that huge army arti school.

Anyway I am mor a ranger now as I hardly eva wear heavy batte armor but still go hunt and shoot things on my acres so maybe I am more like a supa high level ranger of the groove. I guess I still have my racial enemy as human and improved racial enemy as humans like Artemis Entrie but maybe with my higher level my new racial enemy is bovine.