Skip to content

[mod] Will of the Wisps - Shamanic enhancements

12346»

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    This is a shaman mod mod so to enjoy it in 100% you need to be a shaman or have a shaman in your party. That is the point of the mod: to make having a shaman in the team more interesting than it is without the mod installed. So yes, to enjoy shamanic stronghold you need to be a shaman (you do not need the new NPC to enjoy it), otherwise it will be a mini-mod. You may install the cheat component and open the stronghold to any PC. To join Will you do not need to be a shaman - taking him means you will get a chance to hear out his story, new banters etc (as in any NPC mod). You may also install new items for shamans and undead characters, new kit or additional foes in the Underdark and Temple Ruins (just to enjoy animations that are shipped with the mod anyway, so... why shouldn't we enjoy them in a bit more)

And no, - NPC isn't the "main part". They are both seperate things. This mod is actually a pack of seperate things. You do not need Will or the Stronghold to enjoy like 30 new items for undead or shamans. Any other shaman or undead (like Hexxat) will also get some new stuff that way.

Everything's there, in this thread already. Not sure why anyone would be surprised that a shamanic mod may be less fun if you aren't a shaman and you don't have one in your team...
    Arthas
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for your help.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 227
    I know Cahir's already asked, but are you planning to release a traified version of Will'O? Because I was going to translate it, but... surprise...
    To be honest, it would be much easier if someone else traified the mod. I am working like every day on new mods and updates. There is something else here that needs checking, but I have no idea when I will move on to Will. The line is so damn long...
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    edited June 2020
    @LavaDelVortel I'm quite enjoying this mod, but I ran into a small glitch during one of the shaman quests. This code in baldur.bcs doesn't appear to be closed out, so it's triggering endlessly and stopping anything else in that file from running once I complete the quest.
    IF
    Global("L0SStrongholdJournal2","GLOBAL",1)
    GlobalGT("L0ShamanStronghold","GLOBAL",24)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,304484)) // Running block 574 of BALDUR.BCS
    ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayStringHead(Myself,304484)) // Running block 574 of BALDUR.BCS
    EraseJournalEntry(211835) // Shamanic Stronghold The Day of the Bitter Moss is almost here. As the new grotto's protector, I am supposed to prepare a special ritual. In order to do so I'll need some objects: dencrawler spider's web which may be taken from arachnid seen near the entrance to the ruins; metal bowl which may be found somewhere inside the grotto; some tigertooth grapes which perhaps may be found in Imnesvile village and vilecrow mushroom, which is sometimes used to cook some meals. When I have all of these, I should place them on the stone near the tree inside Visionhive and start the ritual.
    END

Edit: (Sorry, the "Running block" code isn't yours. That's from the stutter checker I installed to figure out what wrong. But manually setting the journal global to a different # did seem to stop the problem for me so you'll probably just want to close out that code in your mod)
    Post edited by Ratatoskr on
    LavaDelVortel
  • QuaelleQuaelle Member Posts: 1
    @LavaDelVortel any chance of you adding in for level 24+ shamans something similar to what @argent77 did in their Improved Shamanic Dance mod for the base shaman.
    I'm not really sure. I can't promise such change. The mod mimics game pattern for the class, not modded versions. And that kit already gets lots of stuff anyway.
  • KatelingKateling Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2020
    Hi @LavaDelVortel , I am using the Witchlight Shaman in BGEE and I am finding that the dance is causing the game to crash. This seems to be occurring when the dance summons a will-o-wisp (necrotic fireflies do not cause it to crash.) I am using the latest version of the mod.
    Post edited by Kateling on
    Thanks! This really must be investigated.
    version 1.6 is up! It should fix standalone kit bug and the journal entry script loop.
    ThacoBellilduderino
  • ensbanaensbana Member Posts: 80
    I can’t seem to find the Wisp after defeating the Shade Lord. Can I just use the console to call it up?
    You're not supposed to find it - it should find you few days after completing the quest.
    ensbana
  • VikkaVikka Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I'm sorry if this is a stupid question: I obtained the ashes from the thief but I don't know where I'm supposed to put them? A new area should be available? I had no problems with the installation of the mod.
    Thanks in advance!
    That's the first quest...? Wasn't you supposed to take them to the ruined temple area, to that area used by the werewolf? Something like that.
    Thanks to @Austin87 the mod is now traified! If you're interested in translating the mod, grab v2.0 and... well... have fun! :)
  • NathanaelNathanael Member Posts: 1
    I see that the new kit has to be True Neutral instead of the the Shaman's NG/TN/NE . . . What happens if you fall?
    edited July 2021
    Shamans don't fall. You are not a ranger, nor a paladin. Well, at least not in this game, not sure how the original p&p shamans work.
    Nathanael
  • IncendaxIncendax Member Posts: 3
    Playing through BG1:EE as a Witchlight Shaman, and I've been enjoying it so far! But I have encountered a bug.

I reached Level 6, and I'm still limited to 2 summons max instead of the usual 3 for a shaman of that level.
    Will check. However, maybe that's not so bad considering how many other things you get when playing this kit :P
    Will check. However, maybe that's not so bad considering how many other things you get when playing this kit :P

Maybe! I can report that the Witchlight summons are pretty tanky, having considerably lower AC than the normal Shaman summons, even if they lack the normal 50% physical damage resistance. Haven't encountered enemies with Turn Undead yet, so I'll report back about that when it happens.

However, Shamans in general suffer some issues with the summoning cap. Any summon counts against them no matter who is doing the summoning. If the party cleric summons two skeletons, then the shaman cannot summon any spirits at all until at least one of the skeletons die. That kind of thing. That's not specific to the Witchlight, but it does mean the spirit cap is important in other ways.
    Update: Achieved Level 7 (I play slowly) and can summon 3 spirits now. Level 6 seems to be the only one affected.
    thanks for letting me know :)
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Just for confirmation about the synergy with Improved Shamanic Dance mod :

The readme states that Will of the Wisp is compatible with Improved Shamanic Dance (with adjust other kits disabled)

Does this recommandation is still valid ?

On the other side, the readme from Improved Shamanic Dance says tha the component "30 - Apply Shamanic Dance improvements to Shaman kits" is compatible with Will of the Wisps.
    As far as I know, they are still compatible. However, note that Improved Shamanic Dance adds another tier for dance (at level 24). My kit won't have it as it was made to work like the original shaman. But it doesn't change the fact that the only difference is that Witchlight Shaman won't get a dance boost at lvl 24 and that's all. Perhaps that's even good because Witchlight Shaman gets lots of other bonuses instead.
    It's been a while and with the release of my Bethany IWD EE NPC, also this mod now comes with a new version. Version 3.0 does not only include fixes, but al new content and better IWDEE compatibility. What's new:

- Added a new kit, coded by @morpheus562: Town Medium (for BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE)
    - Component with new items for shamans and undead character may now be installed on IWDEE
    - Component with new creature types may now be installed on IWDEE
    - Component with new creature types now also adds hostile will-o'-wisps on some areas
    - Component with new creature types now adds couple additional enemies on some areas
    - General improvements regarding compatibility with IWDEE
    - Additional testing on IWDEE and BG2EE
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 249
    Congratulations on the release!
    Thanks! :)
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 174
    Always good to see more focus on the furry overlords (shamans).

One day all my NPCs shall be animals: Wilson, Boo as NPC (who needs
    Minsc if you can have Boo); and shamans as their rulers (or druids, but
    the two seem fairly close).