Skip to content

Zombies! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH!

wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
There comes a time when every nerd must plan for the zombie apocalypse.

My plan is to grab my equipment and meet up with my reenactment buddies and invade a castle somewhere, possibly lancaster as it's in good nick and is fairly close. Maybe canaervon though at it's a brilliant castle and if more space is needed we could move out into the walled town with a bit of wall repairing.

Unfortunately since I've moved to devon that plan is no longer viable. I'll have to develop a new one.

What's your plan?

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4uDNfdO7yE&t=75s

Even demiliches are powerless against the spitting power of zombie goats.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I would wait it out, like @mlnevese said. However, in the even of supply runs, shark resistant wetsuits are your friend.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I would go as far from civilization as possible. In a country over twice the size of New York state and with quarter the population, that's not too hard.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    ThacoBell said:

I would wait it out, like @mlnevese said. However, in the even of supply runs, shark resistant wetsuits are your friend.

Maybe I should buy one of those. Or a full plate armor...
    Don't let the sharknado guys learn about the concept of zombie sharks... Please... Just don't...
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Grab whatever canned goods and weapons I can then head to the most isolated hardware store I can think of always seemed like a solid start to me.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Stay put (I am in an apartment on the top floor). Check in on neighbours (5 apartment buildings in total) to see who stayed and who didn't. Anyone who bailed, I'd raid their apartment looking for food, and weapons keeping track of what I took from where, so if they do come back I am able to repay them. Loot the one closest grocery store of all the foods.

Ration any found food with other people who stayed to prevent infighting. Casually suggest everyone moves higher to block off entrance ways.

Device a plan to get zombies to go into and get stuck in the indoor, separate building, swimming pool.

Once rationed food starts running out, start scavenging nearby residential areas looking for other survivors (to move them to the apt), food and weapons.

If it is taking months, device a plan to build walls around the apartments and gradually push the walls outward as we clear area. attempt Farming.

~

Living in Canada, where there isn't a gun culture prevents the roaming bands of delinquents you see in popular zombie medium. We are more likely to work together than blow each other's brains out.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Grab supplies, move to the hill country with my family, and try to eke out a living by growing crops and hunting deer. We'd probably need to visit some of our neighbors for help, since they'd know a lot more about growing stuff than we do, and since we're talking about Texas farmers with rifles and shotguns out in the hill country, they'd probably survive attacks from the few zombies they'd see.

Then we'd wait for the military to solve the problem.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited February 2017
    Flee up north to my families cottage. It's on an island, even when the water is low there isn't an opportunity for zombies to get across, and taking out any zombies that are on the island (who were staying in other cottages when they died) would be pretty straightforward. Only real risk is during the winter when the water is frozen over.

There is enough fish, berries, and small wildlife around the island for me to not have to worry about food in the summer. It would be rough in the winter since it is not insulated, but I could probably make it work.
    elminster said:

Flee up north to my families cottage. It's on an island, even when the water is low there isn't an opportunity for zombies to get across, and taking out any zombies that are on the island (who were staying in other cottages when they died) would be pretty straightforward. Only real risk is during the winter when the water is frozen over.

There is enough fish, berries, and small wildlife around the island for me to not have to worry about food in the summer. It would be rough in the winter since it is not insulated, but I could probably make it work.

But wouldn't the zombies freeze as well during winter?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    A zombie apocalypse would be finite anyway. Rotting corpses don't stay together very well.
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Zombieclypse? Well I'd forget about groceries and just try to keep the animal companions from eating all those dead things they made deader. If that works, run like hell. If it doesnt work, run like hell. Anything inbetween or not anticipated, run like hell. With a big sharp thing in the main hand and a slightly smaller sharp thing in the offhand.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Sooner or later got to leave house due to lack of necessities so stockpiling as soon as possible then wait for situation ends.
    Firearm is prohibited here so got to believe army or police handle it smoothly however in the light of recent how MERS situation dealt with here, outlook not so good.
    Then only hope is zombies are not familiar with using teh elevator. ;)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited February 2017
    Has anyone ever wondered what happens after the zombie apocalypse hits? That's right: true world peace!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9T1c9bYSPc
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Oh dear. Zombies are our friends now? This conspiracy is well on its way to reaching unmanagable proportions with @Kamigoroshi joining in.
    Better stock up on toilet paper and beans.