Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Discord Voice Channel (Join!)

I made a discord channel for Baldur's Gate (invite information: https://discord.gg/pfmybNM )

How to Join:

Step 1: Download Discord: https://discordapp.com/ and make an account

Step 2: Open Discord and on the left side there should be a "+" sign click that and then a window will appear with create or join channel, click join channel

Step 3: Enter this information into the instant invite space " https://discord.gg/pfmybNM " and press join (the channel icon is a skull on the left in the channel tab)

Step 4: Adjust your microphone settings from the bottom left gear button (settings) and find the " Voice " tab for input / output settings (remember press "Done")

Step 5: Double click on a voice channel (on the left) and your username should appear within the voice channel if successful (then talk and socialize!)

Step 6: ??? (Profit)

I hope that this helps connect the community together. (p.s I live within the Pacific Time Zone)

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Are three copies of this post necessary? Wouldn't one in the General Discussion forum suffice?
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited March 2017

Are three copies of this post necessary? Wouldn't one in the General Discussion forum suffice?

Yeah I suppose eh? I wanted to tell all of the Baldur's Gate people. The forum was fragmented into three parts so I did three posts to tell all of the Baldur's Gate people on here; that was the idea anyway. The Baldur's Gate Auditorium Discord Channel is for all Baldur's Gate fans, spanning across all three of the major versions of Baldur's Gate
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Yeah I suppose eh? I wanted to tell all of the Baldur's Gate people. The forum was fragmented into three parts so I did three posts to tell all of the Baldur's Gate people on here; that was the idea anyway. The Baldur's Gate Auditorium Discord Channel is for all Baldur's Gate fans, spanning across all three of the major versions of Baldur's Gate
    But, that's what General Discussion is for.
    CrevsDaak said:

But, that's what General Discussion is for.
    Well, I suppose you got me on that one.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited March 2017
    Moved this to General Discussion and closed other two threads. @WithinAmnesia , remember our rule about no Spam.

If someone could check the voice channel, WithinAmnesia would like it (I don't have a microphone on my PC).
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited March 2017
    Please explain, what is this? And more to the point, what's the point?

Edit: Nevermind the what, I figured it out, but I still don't get the why.

Please explain, what is this? And more to the point, what's the point?

Edit: Nevermind the what, I figured it out, but I still don't get the why.

The point of this Discord channel is to help the community work more concise and efficiently with community made content projects (making mods).

I have spent years where I work with a team over message rooms with text communication yet nothing really goes any where for one of the reasons was that we could not actually communicate efficiently.

I have played games such as Classic World of Warcraft and raided with a large group over Discord and it is much better in terms of getting everyone on the same page. Discord gives more options to help make the community join forces easier and more effectively.