Skip to content

The allure of evil...

124»

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited June 2017
    @ravenslight I like that answer. :) RL is RL, and game is game, but all to frequently the two become intertwined into one big mess. I thought your original post spelled it out pretty well, meaning 'in-game', but things often have a way of spiraling into the mists of philosophy, morality, religion, politics, and in general, a bunch o horse hockey that is often not relevant to the gaming questions and the gaming mindset. B)

As mentioned, the right threads for the right topics, sounds like a good solution. The proper venue and guidelines (and these vary) can be very important to any conversation.

As to the original question, of why choose the evil character, I just go where the nature of my imagination sends me to at the time, and play it out. I don't think any of us is missing a darn thing if it is not where we see that imagination, or idea, leading or taking us to. :)

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention that some of the viewpoints, while off OP's topic JUST a hair, were VERY interesting, very interesting indeed. ;)
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I have started another thread that perhaps some of you may be interested in participating in.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65177/is-there-such-a-thing-as-absolute-good-or-absolute-evil/p1?new=1
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Ravenslight - well done.

Sundry others - on the matter of animal capacities for art, mostly the evidence that many species can do this seems to me rather thin. However, I do find more convincing the argument that some humpback whales seem to be expressing genuine musical art in their whalesong, beyond any basic utilitarian purpose. Which I don't find too surprising, since they're demonstrably pretty intelligent.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    All off topic comments regarding the definition of good and evil have been moved to Is there such a thing as absolute good or absolute evil?

Any further off topic comments will be deleted without warning.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited June 2017
    (Ah, the off-topic discussion moved while I was mid-post, I'll move my response there instead.)