Skip to content

Exploits, Tricks, and Nonstandard Tactics

14567810»

Comments

• histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,473
    edited June 21
    xycqyfz wrote: »
    Playing and losing to Aesgarath when wagering XP will cause any character, not just MC, to lose 50k XP. You can do this twice, so now you can have up to two non-MC party members at lvl 41 before the end of SOA. I suppose you could even rush this and do it at the beginning of SOA.
    Another nice find! Makes it accessible a lot earlier in the playthrough, and can then take the evil route in Selfishness. lv1 and lv2 are pretty easy at any difficulty and I think Aesgareth does gamble before you've defeated Tahazzar or Karashur.

• rambleamblerambleamble Member Posts: 14
    Expanding on Wild Surge 65, Oops Wrong Spell, the Tanar'ris Death Gaze (SPIN996) can summon Kangaxx (SPIN806) or give you Slayer form (SPIN810) early. Others, like the Cerebus' Moon Dog Howl (SPIN891) can give you the Deck of Many Things Jester effect (50k xp) or give permanent elemental resistances that belong to the Chromatic Demon when they switch forms.

The downside to these is that chances of them happening are extremely low. The upside is that some are game breaking.

There's probably more effects to be discovered. I guess you could craft a truly custom character with enough time.

Example: https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/1dae9wt/comment/l7jxiow/?context=3

A side effect of monsters causing the wrong spell from wild surge 65 is that your main char can be removed from the party without the game ending. The Tanari'ri wild surges for 65, mentioned above, can turn them into a bat or kangaxx (for an extra ring) without the end game cutscene occurring.

You can then fill the main char spot by saving and loading the game or by having someone join the party. They become the main char so you can play as another party member. Jan can finally fulfill his destiny as the turnip Bhaalspawn.