Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Fanart Challenge #2: Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity

LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
edited December 2012 in Fan Creations
Guess what, folks? It's Friday, and you know what that means? It's time to start the second ever BG:EE Forums Baldur's Gate Fanart Challenge! By popular vote, our theme for the next two weeks is THE GIRDLE OF MASCULINITY/FEMININITY.
I'll restate the rules for anyone who wasn't around during the first challenge. ANY ART in ANY MEDIUM IMAGINABLE is okay, as long as A) it is your work, and B) It has something to do with the current theme (And remember, this can be as loosely interpreted as you like!) You are allowed to submit as many entries to the challenge as you want.
There are no winners, or losers, in this challenge. However, I may create a separate thread for participation statistics, to show who's participated, how many challenges they have participated in, and how many submissions they have made. If you guys would like that. I think it would be fun.
Remember, this is all in good fun, and it's to get the fandom ACTIVE and CREATING STUFF, GETTING ART OUT THERE. Don't be ashamed of your work, everything is accepted and encouraged. If all you can draw is stick figures, than we want to see your stick figures, and we will freaking love your stick figures.
The current challenge will last for two weeks and end at midnight on Friday, November 30th, 2012. Have fun making art!
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Coriander, please sticky this.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    After that one topic about the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity making fun of transforming a pregnant Aerie into a man and then speculations about how she'd give birth, I think I'm gonna pass this one. Sorry, that topic made me a bit sick.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    YES!!!
    Yes, yes, yes, thank you! :D
    *scrambles off to work on pics to submit*
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Quartz said:

After that one topic about the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity making fun of transforming a pregnant Aerie into a man and then speculations about how she'd give birth, I think I'm gonna pass this one. Sorry, that topic made me a bit sick.

You know, I found that a bit sick too. You know how to avoid it coming up again? Not mentioning it. But, there goes that thought I guess.
    Exactly. There are plenty of hilarious girdle-related shenanigans that could be perfectly innocent, so why bring up THAT, and taint everything else? D:
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Why is this classed as an announcement?
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    can we have multiple fan-art challenge threads?

i would like to do some environments or locations from bg1/2, what say you?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @trinit - You can make whatever art thread you want :D (limited by forum rules, of course)
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Someone has to draw a picture of Edwin. That is, Edwina with the girdle equipped :)
    @Thunder
    Probably the same reason the last one was. So it stays up here while the challenge is taking place. It takes time for people to draw, so submissions are generally slower on a thread like this. It would kind of suck to spend a while on a submission and then have to wade through a bunch of other threads to find it.
    That said, the first challenge isn't sticky'd anymore now that it's over. Maybe after we get a certain number of these I should make a thread with links to previous challenges so if people want to look at them they can find them? The fanart challenge on Spellhold Studios back in the day was better organized than this, had its own forum subsection and stuff.
    That said, I'm not the one who classed it as an announcement, though I am grateful to whoever did. Makes it easier to keep track of. If you know a better way to organize this, feel free to suggest something.

@trinit
    A new challenge comes out every two weeks. It would be kind of counterintuitive to exhaust a ton pf theme ideas all at the same time.
    If you really want to draw something else, you could just draw it, and stick it on the main Baldur's Gate fanart thread. I think it's like, on page 3 now or something? If you have an idea for fanart, you can roll with it, and post it there. It's not like the challenges are the only place on the forums you can post BG fanart. That would just be silly.
    edited November 2012
    @reedmilfam
    Please remember to read the rules. It looks very nice, but I cannot count this as a submission because it is not your work. Unless, that is, you *are* uuyly. Anyways. Please only submit your own work to this challenge.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November 2012
    Somebody do FemDorn. PLEASE?
    I've been tempted to try, but im no good at drawing anything more than stickmen, plus my PC is dead until I get my new parts after the weekend.
    That just looks like a long haired male orc, but its a great effort for a long haired male orc :)
    @Mungri
    I tried to make it look like a girl, I really did!
    edited November 2012
    Haha well that's cool anyway, thanks! :) As far as making Dornette look more feminine, try a thinner jawline.

also boobs
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @LadyEibhilinRhett - Also adjust the lip shape to a femme lip shape and it'll help a lot :D
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Yeah, poutier lips, smaller, rounder chin, softer jaw. Also, the eyes could have longer lashes and be more almond-shaped.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Pantalion, oh, gods. Brandy! Let's get you to a temple for a remove curse, immediately! LOL
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    What, no purple hair for Boo?
    @LadyEibhilinRhett - AHaha! Epic, nice work!

@Wonderboy2402 - Probably the first Minsc-related post I've liked. Props.
  • alkaiseralkaiser Member Posts: 29

@Mungri
    I tried to make it look like a girl, I really did!

It looks like an orcish girl to me. It is harder to notice that an orc is a female and not a male with only a portrait because they are quite similar, sharing some of the same traits, unlike humans... And this is even harder with a B&W portrait, made it only with lines. Orcs usually have big nose, large jaw, large neck and sturdy lines, many of then to show some harsh expression... This either male or female... Your lines in this character are not that sturdy and the nose is in a good size, so, I think this could very well be the appearance of an orcish girl, a warrior or something like that. I think you did a good job.

edited November 2012

Hmmmm, you got me thinking. What if one were to get Edwina pregnant, and then turn her back into Edwin permanently? Wouldn't the lady parts be removed? How would the baby survive and if if did how would it be delivered?
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Quartz: It's kinda hard to give support for my argument when I can't mention said support, hmm?
    @Mungri: Please stop right there. There's a reason I don't want to get that discussion rehashed all over again, and certainly not in a topic that is actually focused on artwork. If you want to write down some weird theories, please go to the right topic for it, thanks.
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    @Wonderboy2402 thanks for fueling my nightmares for the next few weeks :/