Skip to content

German translation?

Some month ago I have read that a German translation of SoD is in progress? Is that still the case? And if so, how far is the project?

Sorry to ask here, but posting in the german section isn't possible (the required category field ist ghosted and not selectable).

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Ghandi said:

Sorry to ask here, but posting in the german section isn't possible (the required category field ist ghosted and not selectable).

@JuliusBorisov you should look into this.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Not any time soon, I'd wager. Even the German translation of BG2:EE is still "in progress" ever since its release 3 years and 10 months ago. >_>

I'd ask again around 2021 or so for a German SoD release. No kidding.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Localizations are being made by volunteers.

@volneb83 is the head of the German localization for SoD. If they're ready to share any news, they'll do it.

Not sure about not being able to post in the German section. It has has custom permissions, and all users can post there (have just checked).
  • GhandiGhandi Member Posts: 2

Localizations are being made by volunteers.
    Not sure about not being able to post in the German section. It has has custom permissions, and all users can post there (have just checked).

As I said, I can't. It requires to select a category, but the category field is ghosted and I can't select any entry. I tried it with Chrome and a fresh new install of Firefox.

• WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Be quicker to become fluent in English than rely on translations.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Wesboi
    I am fluent in English, but I enjoy playing videogames in my own language.
  • volneb83volneb83 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 525
    @Ghandi @Kamigoroshi I have written a statement of the German translation team in this topic.
  • PryntPrynt Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2019
    Wesboi wrote: »
    Be quicker to become fluent in English than rely on translations.

It’s my first comment at this forum but I can’t help to reply to this totally ignorant comment.

Dude, I’m native Polish (11 BG1 to ToB full walkthroughs in this language) living in UK (6 full walkthroughs of EE in English). Now I’m step or two from becoming fluent in German and playing BG1:EE in this language was a lot of fun. In a way, very different experience. Reading the story of Durlag in German language was so enchanting that I have read them ALL about it for the first time in my life. German is much better in fantasy storytelling than both Polish and English, believe me.

This made me very very sad, to realise that I cannot continue my latest adventure in German language, as SoD doesn’t have it at all. I’m waiting to continue till they do it, even if it will take 5 more years. Till then, my adventure with BG series is ended.

You clearly don’t understand how it is to be multilingual. Each of languages give completely different gaming experience.

“Just learn English instead of waiting”, there is such a load of ignorance in your comment that I have to finish because my next sentences would be definitely too rude and swear-full to be public. Shame on your shortsightedness, shortly speaking.

• volneb83volneb83 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 525
    Prynt wrote: »
    This made me very very sad, to realise that I cannot continue my latest adventure in German language, as SoD doesn’t have it at all. I’m waiting to continue till they do it, even if it will take 5 more years. Till then, my adventure with BG series is ended.
    It will be quicker than 5 years. :)