Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Enable Dual-classing into Kits (now with Proficiency Fix)

1235»

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,302
    ArthasII wrote: »
    Which race are you referring to ?
    I wouldn't know without seeing Cahir's current RACETEXT.2da file, but it's most a likely mod-added entry.
    The default file has I think only 10 entries (7 PC races, Tiefling, Vampire, and Goblin), that one had 31 entries.

StummvonBordwehr
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,712
    kjeron wrote: »
    ArthasII wrote: »
    Which race are you referring to ?
    I wouldn't know without seeing Cahir's current RACETEXT.2da file, but it's most a likely mod-added entry.
    The default file has I think only 10 entries (7 PC races, Tiefling, Vampire, and Goblin), that one had 31 entries.

@kjeron the installation went smoothly with your fixed version, thank you very much!

Attaching RACETEXT.2da file.

@Cahir Thanks.
    If you know which mod added the Lycanthrope entry, you could let them know that it's string reference isn't being properly evaluated (or set) before being written, hence the %lycanthropes_ucase% entry that appears in the file.

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,712
    kjeron wrote: »
    @Cahir Thanks.
    If you know which mod added the Lycanthrope entry, you could let them know that it's string reference isn't being properly evaluated (or set) before being written, hence the %lycanthropes_ucase% entry that appears in the file.

That's a good question. Not sure which mod this might be. Since there is no mods that add races for PC (that I know of) it might be anything. Either way there is not an option for my PC to be of a lycanthropic race, so I guess I'm safe :)

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 629
    edited July 2020
    How compatible is this mod with EET? NPC_EE? Subtledoctor's Might & Guile, Tome & Blood, Faiths & Powers? Other class mods?

Thankee!
    @kjeron

JediMindTrix
    Reworked code, added backup of WEAPPROF.2da values for reference.

Grammarsalad[Deleted User]
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,236
    edited February 13
    HI @kjeron, I installed v0.30 on BGEE and I get this error using EEex:
    patbx8kjupkf.png

I uninstalled mods and found it is this mod that does it. I went back to v0.29 and the issue is gone.
    I can start a game using v0.30 as after I click past the error the game starts, but I am not sure if I will have issues later?
    I attached my Weidu.

EDIT: I am using BGEE v2.5.17.0

edited February 13
    @Necromanx2 thanks and sorry about that, typo has been fixed.
    Yes it will likely cause issue later, but if you don't want to reinstall, the fix is rather small and can be corrected in NI:
    line 108 of M_KITPRF.lua should be:
    		local list = {

instead of
    		local = {

And delete line 222 (or line 221, as one is a duplicate):
    			},

edit - Realized these line numbers will likely be higher for you (from more kits), but it's 3 lines like this
    			},
    				},
    			}

The middle one needs to be deleted.

Post edited by kjeron on
    Necromanx2StummvonBordwehr
    New option for primary component - kit to kit dualclassing:
    • Kit to kit allows everything the former does, but also allows giving up the former kit for a new one.
    • You'll keep all CLAB abilities from the old kit, but lose any hardcoded and 2da-based aspects.
    Bug fix - At some point I added a fix for the proficiency component that resulted in kitted characters LOSING their kit when they dual-classed, this has been fixed, hopefully without breaking something else.

StummvonBordwehrGusinda
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 629
    @kjeron
    How 2.6 compatible is this newest version?

Thankee!

As far as I can tell as well as it worked in v2.5 - which for the current release (v0.33) means not too well anywhere but SoD.

(New) v0.34 fixes a typo so it should work on any v2.5/v2.6 game, not just SoD.