Skip to content

Bad taste

2»

Comments

• chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    edited November 2017
    O_Bruce said:

@chimeric
    I happened to work in an addiction clinic and the example with the drunk you used is just plain retarded. There are other ways I could say it, but the one I used is the most appropriable. You have no single clue what are you talking about.

What on earth does addiction, and people who come for treatment, have to do with willfully degenerated bums who will shit in your mailbox? Open your eyes, if you can take the sight of reality...

Talking not to you, every art form, like videogames, passes through several stages. First, a crew of brash and usually young creators make something exceptional. Then sequels appear. The discoveries of the original are somewhat assimilated, but nothing that follows quite reaches its level. Fans are bewildered, then angry, finally depressed as they realize that past intuitions are lost. But even that isn't the end: finally even their memory is erased, and the next generation knows nothing of what was possible, what came before. That's what happened to AD&D in these twenty-something years: at the time of Baldur's Gate it was a living and popular hobby, then editions flipped by, commercial logic took over the new publisher and around-the-table playing faded out, though it never completely ceased. As people retreated into online alienation, financial trouble and illiteracy, telling stories and acting them out face-to-face became quaint as Elizabethan theater. All of that shone back on the computer adaptations, and now Millennials habitually treat them as wargames, and even old hands have their memories transfigured and remember yesterday only in the light of today. That's how it works...

@JuliusBorisov , Please close this thread. I'm tired of idiots ignorant of concepts a little more nuanced than popular pap. And why did I expect that many would know better? Now that really was stupid of me.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Wah wah, people are calling me out on my bullshit, please close the thread so my fragile little ego doesn't get hurt anymore, WAH WAH.
    Contemplative_Hamstertbone1ThacoBellGrum
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Thread closed.
    JuliusBorisovtbone1OlvynChuru
This discussion has been closed.