Skip to content

Suggestions Thread: Game Mechanics (scripts, spells, feats, combat)

Comments

• BaseiliBaseili Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to suggest combining Disable Trap and Set Trap into a singular skill, perhaps Trap Use or simply Trapping.

It seems odd that any character that could disable/set a trap is unable to perform the inverse, this would save Assassins and Rogues a stack of skill points while also allowing Rangers to collect any traps they have placed.
  • MalisharaMalishara Member Posts: 16
    Script function: SetSoundSet(oObject);
    Because changing the voice of an NPC in-game is something most DMs have wanted to do.
  • RoketterRoketter Member Posts: 4
    Please allow Bards and Sorcerers who take levels on palemasters to choose new spells when they reach the palemaster requeriments for new spell slots, and make this mechanic available for custom made classes that also grant spellslots!

Right now it's impossible and you get all these slots you can't use since you don't have spells to fill them with.

Thanks!
  • ZaowchenZaowchen Member Posts: 4
    I love how people are saying "update from 3.0 to 3.5" they don't realize the amount of coding and stuff that would be needed to do that.. oh and the game would effectively be recoded from scratch, some of the fun things (10-20 crit range on kukris with keen, improved critical and WM's extended critical thing) would be lost. in other words no. that's not on the table I mean sure we can still get I think 13-20 crit range in 3.5 with WM, but still.. .. I think I rambled a bit :P
  • TheGmorkTheGmork Member Posts: 37
    I started reading all the responses here but started getting a headach around page 3 ;) so I'm not sure if these have been talked about yet.

-Collision box on players needs to be smaller. When 1.69 came out the size of the collision boxes suddenly increased which led to a lot more of players 'bumping' people into or out of combat making it almost impossible to fight in halls, caves and passages. It can be very frustrating on PW servers when in a party.

-The ability to detect when a player enters a shadow so that we can make HiPS work as it should. The Shadow Dancer would have to enter a shadow to turn on HiPS

-A function that could detect when a player is near or in water. This could have many uses, but I'm thinking about fishing ^.^ I love fishing on PW's but most of the systems need you to ether enter a trigger or go to a certain spot to fish. If you had a function that could detect if some one was near water it would make implementing such systems much more simple.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Fix how bonus feats are handled. Right now if you want to give the player a pick between two bonus feats at level 2 the game offers the other bonus feat again on higher level (when they get another bonus feat). Let us add us add a - symbol behind the level number to indicate that it only select-able on that level example CLS_FEAT_RANG.2da in GrantedOnLevel column. I put a 2- that means it only can be selected on level 2 and not again on the next bonus feat.
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    As mentioned before, add the prestige classes that are absent in NWN: the more the merrier!
  • RifleLeroyRifleLeroy Member Posts: 77
    If not asked yet

-unlock spellbooks
  • Dethangels_ShadowDethangels_Shadow Member Posts: 10

Epic levels are a bit niche and they need epic level content (planes, gods) to be done properly. I think Trent touched on that briefly in the last stream. I'd rather they did epic levels only after everything else has been finished and polished.

Of course, but at least lay the groundwork for that. If anything, it would make for great update and re-release of post-OC/post-HotU modules
    No doubt.... let's get the basic levels (0-20) right first... then we can expand things towards epic levels. Heck... 5e doesn't even have epic rules yet....

Speaking of 5e... I'm really hoping to see all of the rules being changed from "hard coding" to a far more malleable format... :)
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992

If not asked yet

-unlock spellbooks

Together with unlock metamagic, one of the most asked features

• AllatumAllatum Member Posts: 16
    I'm unsure if this has been asked for or if this is the proper thread but!

In Pen and Paper Undead and construct have " - " listed for their constitution scores to represent that their HP, and such values are static and assumed to be an average 10 with a +/- 0 modifier

Would it be possible to enforce this as a base creature property for any stat (I. E a flat 10, unbuffable/unenhancable and unable to be increased by way of level up?)
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    If it is possible, I'd like to get some scripting functions to retrieve information from conversations so that we don't have to attach so many scripts to them. Like if we can figure out which line was clicked (without having to have a separate set variable script) or retrieve strings from a line clicked on, etc. Conversations have always been one of the biggest script hogs.
  • MalisharaMalishara Member Posts: 16
    add:
    GetSystemDate()
    GetSystemTime()
    GetTimestamp() --- this one shows the time in secs since whatever that silly reference point is in 1970 or something. vital for timestamping thingies, or checking amount of time passed since some action, etc.
  • thryllkillthryllkill Member Posts: 10
    I'd like to be able to swap the mouselook button to the right mouse button. This would make coming to Neverwinter from most any other game smoother (yes, I do drive mode).
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    edited December 2017

I'd like to be able to swap the mouselook button to the right mouse button. This would make coming to Neverwinter from most any other game smoother (yes, I do drive mode).

I have been doing this via steelseries engine and it would be really nice to not have to switch profiles all the time to do so.

• EPOlsonEPOlson Member Posts: 4
    It would be very useful to have an OnChat event that stored: text, pc, mode, target (if a tell)
    Some of this can be done with 'listeners' and I did it with nwnx2 for nwn2 ...
    The script should be able to modify the text/mode/target.

That would simplify support for things like Demetrious's DMFI (voice throws, emotes, languages done via the chat window)
    EPOlson said:

It would be very useful to have an OnChat event that stored: text, pc, mode, target (if a tell)
    Some of this can be done with 'listeners' and I did it with nwnx2 for nwn2 ...
    The script should be able to modify the text/mode/target.

That would simplify support for things like Demetrious's DMFI (voice throws, emotes, languages done via the chat window)

Already can and I already have all that in my chat for my HR Base. Only thing missing I think is bioware blocked modify tells.
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    edited December 2017
    I think since 1.69 they added several chat functions that completely opened up the mods OnChat event. I moved emotes, languages and dice rolls to it. Planning on doing a bunch of other stuff now that we got nwnee.
  • EPOlsonEPOlson Member Posts: 4

I think since 1.69 they added several chat functions that completely opened up the mods OnChat event. I moved emotes, languages and dice rolls to it. Planning on doing a bunch of other stuff now that we got nwnee.

That is awesome! I need to get EE and see what is there. I'm mostly going from my memory of what issues I hit WAY back.
  • BalanorBalanor Member Posts: 176
    edited December 2017
    @ShadowM Can you clarify; in your HR DM tool, have you figured out a way to specify the target of a voice chat without having to use a tool/item to select that target first?

I ask because that is one of the biggest problems I have with 1.69 OnPlayerChat event. It seems you need to use an item to select a target (along with the goofy animation and painful 6 second delay between multiple uses of an item). Whereas with the nwnx_chat plugin, you can quickly and easily get a PC target via tell, which allows for voice commands to be used in very quick succession on multiple targets - and without the need to be nearby them to use an item, or the 6 second delay to use an item twice in a row.

I'd really, really like the ability to get a PC target via tell come to EE, unless someone has figured out a way to specify a target using 1.69 scripting without needing to use an item to select the target...
    Balanor said:

@ShadowM Can you clarify; in your HR DM tool, have you figured out a way to specify the target of a voice chat without having to use a tool/item to select that target first?

I ask because that is one of the biggest problems I have with 1.69 OnPlayerChat event. It seems you need to use an item to select a target (along with the goofy animation and painful 6 second delay between multiple uses of an item). Whereas with the nwnx_chat plugin, you can quickly and easily get a PC target via tell, which allows for voice commands to be used in very quick succession on multiple targets - and without the need to be nearby them to use an item, or the 6 second delay to use an item twice in a row.

I'd really, really like the ability to get a PC target via tell come to EE, unless someone has figured out a way to specify a target using 1.69 scripting without needing to use an item to select the target...

Send me a message or we can open up a discussion the scripting forums.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    sippelmc said:

- MOre info on the buff/debuff icons above, such as the degree of the effect. right now it just shows the effect in binary format. e.g., I have an effect for +dmg, but how much?

Perhaps this could be implemented as mouseover text? I quite like this idea, but I imagine it'd get cluttered if the number was just shown on the icon all the time.
  • sippelmcsippelmc Member Posts: 45
    Jarrakul said:

sippelmc said:

- MOre info on the buff/debuff icons above, such as the degree of the effect. right now it just shows the effect in binary format. e.g., I have an effect for +dmg, but how much?

Perhaps this could be implemented as mouseover text? I quite like this idea, but I imagine it'd get cluttered if the number was just shown on the icon all the time.
    Ya I think that'd be perfect.
  • MalclaveMalclave Member Posts: 47
    sippelmc said:

Jarrakul said:

sippelmc said:

Ya I think that'd be perfect.
    Maybe right-click to provide details? Such as what the buff is coming from and duration remaining. On the PW I play on, my Mage Armor, Prot/ Evil, and Barkskin always end up out of synch and I'd like to know which I need to redo without breaking down the AC mathematically.
  • CrackerfootCrackerfoot Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the opportunity to give our input. I'm not sure how feasible these suggestions are from a time investment standpoint, but here are a few things that always nagged at me a bit. Cheers!

1. Caster level increase with caster prestige classes

2. Bard no arcane spell failure in light armour

3. Monk fists/gloves treated as having enhancement bonuses, not just attack bonuses

4. Flurry of blows to work with all monk weapons

5. Allow higher than 32 spell resistance in the toolset

6. Remove ac bonus for tumble

7. Shield spell give shield ac instead of deflection

8. Mage armour give armour ac instead of different types