Skip to content

The 2.5 Update Beta is HERE! Test, play, let us know what you think!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Anduin and @bleusteel Check - it should have been fixed.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Will do as soon as I get home. Thank you @Bengoshi .
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523

@Anduin and @bleusteel Check - it should have been fixed.

It is fixed for me. Many thanks!
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    rede9 said:

Do this 2.5 patches turn the IE games into a 64-bit version on PC?

@JuliusBorisov Can you illuminate me?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    rede9 said:

rede9 said:

I haven't been able to get a reply about this yet (I've seen your two previous questions about it). Is there any additional reason you want to learn about it?
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited December 2017

rede9 said:

rede9 said:

I haven't been able to get a reply about this yet (I've seen your two previous questions about it). Is there any additional reason you want to learn about it?
    I remember it was announced and I want to know what benefits it provides. Faster loading?

• AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    edited December 2017
    My FMC is level 1 and had 11 HP, and while I was buying stuff in Easthaven suddenly he had 33 HP without getting any XP nor gaining levels...

Post edited by Altair on
    @Altair the screenshot is grey
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    Yes, I am not sure why it is grey. Anyway I think understood why I got 33 HP, it's because I casted familiar and I am in HoF mode. But I have another problem: when I save the game and then reload my save, I am not in HoF mode anymore but in insane mode...
    Altair said:

Yes, I am not sure why it is grey. Anyway I think understood why I got 33 HP, it's because I casted familiar and I am in HoF mode. But I have another problem: when I save the game and then reload my save, I am not in HoF mode anymore but in insane mode...

There's a workaround for this currently - https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34043#note-5
    My client is FIXED! Yay! Thank you @JuliusBorisov and all the others in the background working on this!
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    edited December 2017
    just tried this for fun too ...

is it only in my game that large creatures (dragon, demogorgon, ...) have some kind of "tiling" (about 1-2 pixel thick black lines vertical and/or horizontal) across their animation? the error does not disappear when changing zoom level.

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

is it only in my game that large creatures (dragon, demogorgon, ...) have some kind of "tiling" (about 1-2 pixel thick black lines vertical and/or horizontal) across their animation? the error does not disappear when changing zoom level.

I have the same visual glitches with large creatures.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I hope the blurred background issue is fixed in this version. I'd be very disappointed if this update came out without it, and we needed to wait another six months or longer for it to be addressed.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Why just backgrounds, though? When these games first shipped, everything was sharp—not just backgrounds. I’d like that back. Right now it’s either everything blurred (bilinear) or blurred backgrounds with pixelated sprites (Nearest Neighbor.)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah, sharp because everything was blocky and pixelated.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited December 2017
    We get it, ThacoBell - you don't like the original games. However, trust me when I say that Beamdog's treatment of the games is not beyong reproach or constructive criticism. In other words, if you have nothing to offer but sycophantic approval of the EEs, maybe refrain from commenting whenever someone questions one of their decisions as you're not helping anyone (not even the studio). Kthnxbie
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

Why just backgrounds, though? When these games first shipped, everything was sharp—not just backgrounds. I’d like that back. Right now it’s either everything blurred (bilinear) or blurred backgrounds with pixelated sprites (Nearest Neighbor.)

Of course. It's just a manner of speech - I mentioned the backgrounds because that's what's most noticeable to me. As I said before, having the backgrounds blurred makes the whole game look worse. As long as the game is on 1:1 zoom, the backgrounds and sprites on screen should match the source images pixel perfect.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,181
    Btw, I reported the issue some time ago.
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/21473
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Yeah, I wonder, is there are an explanation somewhere from Beamdog, why they have changed scaling algorithm in the first place? Maybe there were some reasons for doing it, that we're not aware. Because I don't remember we've got any comment about this from devs.
    My guess is because the introduction of sprite outlines feature.
    A quick statement on crash dumps.

I don't appear to be generating any.

Now my crashes appear to be happening trying to join other peoples games. I don't appear to crash when I'm hosting... Is this important to state? Do the hosts only make crash dumps?

I have been playing using the client, and they generate numbers to state when crashing. I have redmined these, but I don't know how useful they are. (I get asked for more info and the crash dumps.. Yet as I have said... I haven't got those...)

I have unchecked bitdefender from protecting my document files just in case, but it usually states if something is trying to do something first... It isn't in this case.

Multiplayer is buggy... I want to help fix it.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Kilivitz I love the original games. I played them for ten years. But they have not aged well, and the EEs are a straight improvement. I have no problem implementing the old mapping style, but not at the cost of the smoother looking one we have now. I'd like to see it ADDED as an option. I post my feelings on the matter as a direct contrast, simply because people in general are more likely to vocal about problems than things they think are fine. I don't want the devs to get the impression that no one likes the new scaling system. @AndreaColombo Isn't wrong to want the option for the old system.
    argent77 said:

I don't think scaling algorithm is the cause (although it might enhance the effect). Enabling Nearest Neighbor Scaling in the graphics options doesn't fix the gaps. It's more likely a side effect of using texture mapping for sprites. A similar effect can be seen when using old-style tilesets for map backgrounds.

Btw, I think they made many things right in PST:EE, including the choice of extending the linear filter option to map tilesets and background animations.

Interesting. Maybe devs could explain this bit, I thought I read it somewhere here some time ago, but I could remember this wrong.