Skip to content

The 2.5 Update Beta is HERE! Test, play, let us know what you think!

Comments

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,028
    @tbone1 , I just found the beta download button myself. Do you have a retail/beta drop-down on the top left of the screen?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    The beta installs on High Sierra just fine.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I don't see the betas in steam (windows 10) but I get a download on the beamdog client so I guess I will go for that one. I hope Christmas is kind to me
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    There's a good pace with getting the bugs submitted to the internal tracker.
    Although there are a lot of bugs coming out of the woodwork, but hey, that's beta life.
    Let's hope we can get those fixed and implement some of the requested features as well.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

Although there are a lot of bugs coming out of the woodwork, but hey, that's beta life.

This is why they should have publish a beta sooner (even only a private beta). One month seems very short to fix all the things.

I hope they managed to fix all the new regressions before the release. A new version focused on bug fixes that introduces new bugs is not very ideal.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    lefreut said:

This is why they should have publish a beta sooner (even only a private beta). One month seems very short to fix all the things.

I hope they managed to fix all the new regressions before the release. A new version focused on bug fixes that introduces new bugs is not very ideal.
    True, but they also said "with the possibility of an extension". Seeing as less than a week already generated 70+ bug reports (only counting bugs not features, omitting bugs that are classed as 'not an issue' results in: 10 BG:EE, 7 BG2:EE, 24 IE-engine, 30 IWD:EE. Some of these however have not been investiged yet so could turn out to be not an issue) it might be wise to do so :smile:.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    tbone1 said:

*sigh* I still don't see a way to get the betas. The page shows nothing dropdown menus, no 'add to cart' button nothing. Using Safari 11.0.2, MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Admittedly, I have been attempting this in fits and starts, as my schedule is not my own (for many boring reasons). But it seems like a lot of people are already working on the betas, so my thanks to all of you testers and employees.

@tbone1

My advice to you is the same (if what @Aerakar and @subtledoctor say doesn't work for you)

Can you please report it on Redmine (there's a section for the Client-specific issues there).

If possible:
    a) Right-click the cog in the bottom right of the Beamdog Client
    b) Select "Open Log folder"
    c) Close the Beamdog Client
    d) Attach (In a .zip) all of the files within this folder to your report
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    edited December 2017

10 BG:EE, 7 BG2:EE, 24 IE-engine, 30 IWD:EE.

Awesome results! Keep on playing, and testing, and reporting, everyone!
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • KaluaKalua Member Posts: 5
    I stopped playing BG:EE (PC) 1.5 years ago due to the game-breaking issue with multiplayer clients getting a chronic stutter/lag when containers are in inventory (discussed @ https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/57595/lag-bug-in-multiplayer-after-2-2 and I'm sure other threads).

So, upon seeing that this issue might finally be resolved I ran through my test to duplicate the issue before installing the beta and confirmed it still persisted. Then I installed the beta and ran through the same test and could not reproduce the issue -- thankfully this bug appears to have been squashed.

It may only be a drop in the bucket, but I stopped considering the purchase of any Beamdog titles due to your decision to hold work on bug fixes for this title for an extended period of time in order to utilize your resources on other projects. I'm glad to see we can probably return to our campaign next month and hope that more timely resolution of these critical issues happens in the future.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Okay... Why the big blank border... No love for 17" Laptops?

Saying that... I just clicked on the UI scaling button and that fixed everything...
    edited December 2017
    Jaheira now speaks (audibly) in the tutorial! She never did that before!

But I found a bug with the journal...

Plus... What is it with Xan having 25 intelligence now?

I feel this is not a bug and is more to do with making sure he can learn a spell... That I always pass to my character to learn anyway...

• rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Do this 2.5 patches turn the IE games into a 64-bit version on PC?
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Hot diggity! Okay, I finally got the IWD beta through Steam, at least. Now, to actually play it!
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Will the 3 Betas become available publicly on the Beamdog client, and not just to previous Beta participants?
    Thels said:

Will the 3 Betas become available publicly on the Beamdog client, and not just to previous Beta participants?

Yes, the instructions are in the blog post linked in the OP of this thread.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Ahh... Clicking Get Started buttons for all 3 games did the job!
    Okay. Just posting thoughts.

Multiplayer is buggy still. We had issues starting. We crashed out. We suddenly disappeared... I played by myself for 5 minutes before realising everyone else had left... Buggy.

Yet. Once we did get started... It was fine. Literally just had to get out of that inn, and then we were fine. I'm not sure as to the whys and therefores but it moved and played really slick once we got going.
    Hmmm... My options for the beta disappeared on the client? My games are still there... But I cannot reach them via the client... Just the 2.5 version. Neverwinter appears to be fine and dandy...
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Anduin said:

Hmmm... My options for the beta disappeared on the client? My games are still there... But I cannot reach them via the client... Just the 2.5 version. Neverwinter appears to be fine and dandy...

Same here. I no longer have the “retail” or “beta” dropdown in the Beamdog client.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on