Skip to content

Age of Forum members.

13»

Comments

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Fair point, @Balrog99 . :D
    I'm just slightly older than first Diablo game. So yeah, still a kid, basically.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @tbone1 , I didn't know WKRP was unavailable in syndication or streaming. It's criminal that future generations will never see the famous Thanksgiving turkey drop again.

"But I thought they could fly!"
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    @BelgarathMTH Or know the awesomeness of Jan Smithers. I had such a crush in her
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    "The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!"
    Just for the record, and for you whippersnappers who want to laugh at late 70s fashion, the whole episode is available on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zuj3dwZl64
  • MrDamageMrDamage Member Posts: 210
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603

Artona said:

And let's just say I am the youngest one in here. ;)

Up to now it sounds like I'm on the other end. JFK was still alive and well when I was born. As was Marylin.

I must be from about the same dinosaur-roaming era as you because I remember watching Churchill's funeral on b&w tv in 1965.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    dunbar said:

Artona said:

Up to now it sounds like I'm on the other end. JFK was still alive and well when I was born. As was Marylin.

I must be from about the same dinosaur-roaming era as you because I remember watching Churchill's funeral on b&w tv in 1965.
    We had no TV yet at that date. My father bought our first one to watch the landing on the moon. He thought I was old enough by then not to be spoiled by it and landing on the moon was educational after all. I didn't miss much because our country only had a single channel at that time anyway, It started transmitting in the late afternoon and had a program that ceased after the late news about 10 or 11 at night.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    21. Don’t I feel out of place.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

dunbar said:

Artona said:

We had no TV yet at that date. My father bought our first one to watch the landing on the moon. He thought I was old enough by then not to be spoiled by it and landing on the moon was educational after all. I didn't miss much because our country only had a single channel at that time anyway, It started transmitting in the late afternoon and had a program that ceased after the late news about 10 or 11 at night.
    The Apollo 11 landing is one of the first things I remember seeing on TV. Of course I didn't understand until much later just how momentous it was.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    edited December 2017

I grew up in a similar situation, though in my old country TV arrived only in 1981. So no TV at all until I was 14!
    edited December 2017
    kanisatha said:

I grew up in a similar situation, though in my old country TV arrived only in 1981. So no TV at all until I was 14!
    I think my experience is not unique, the mid-sixties were like that for most children in the western world, I mean we were a modern country and free and all - just TV was not so important yet and computers were nothing that anyone could imagine outside of a scientific environment. Yes, we knew they existed but why would anyone care?
    Ah, and many freight trains still had steam engines.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited December 2017
    Well, happy birthday to you then (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Also why do you feel the need to censor the word "bugger".
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367

Well, happy birthday to you then (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Also why do you feel the need to censor the word "bugger".

How do you know it was 'bugger'? Maybe he didn't want us to see the word 'bagger'...
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited December 2017
    @Buttercheese For the first, thank you. As to the second - age (it used to be a very rude word, so just erring on the side of caution i.r.o. forum etiquette).
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    lolien said:

That's an old poll, I can tell from not seeing my avatar in the 46+ male section and for the lack of a gender 'other' option.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Hey, there are some teenagers on my lawn I don't like the look of! Wait: where were we? Oh, yes... our ages...

hahaha so true, although im 30, i have the "i hate it when people are on my lawn" syndrome, because the grass is so thick and pretty on my lawn ( as it should be because i did a lot of landscaping this summer in the front yard ) but luckily all the randoms walk on the rock instead of my lawn so my grass can keep being pretty
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Balrog99 said:

I was born the same year when Shadows of Amn and Icewind Dale first came out. Vanilla BG is two years older than me! :smiley:

Stay offa' my lawn!!!!
    Pardon Sir, but I've never stepped on anybody's lawn. I keep on the pavements.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    tbone1 said:

Balrog99 said:

I was born the same year when Shadows of Amn and Icewind Dale first came out. Vanilla BG is two years older than me! :smiley:

Stay offa' my lawn!!!!
    Pardon Sir, but I've never stepped on anybody's lawn. I keep on the pavements.
    Ah, kids these days, with their cell phones and fax machines and hula hoops. Back in my day, we didn’t have color screens because no one had invented color yet!
    @tbone1, I think you've got me wrong. We've got public playgrounds, so we don't need to step on anybody's lawns. :)

By the way, I'm a big fan of cricket! (Basically I'm a spin bowler, but I can bat decently as well.)
    @Rik_Kirtaniya okay, this is going way off-topic, but I have to ask: just whatvthe hell is a yorker?