Skip to content

Age of Forum members.

Comments

• Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    @Montresor_SP I envy you.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I was born right between the Tiananmen Massacre and the Soviet collapse.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited December 2017

Let's just say I watched Star Wars Episode IV at the movies when they didn't know if there would ever be a second movie.

Getting uncomfortably close to 20,000 days.

I just learned today that this Star Wars movie I watched at the movies when nobody knew there would ever be a second movie, even had a title other than "Star Wars". And Harrison Ford became my teenage idol. Maybe still is. And how I hated that cow-eyed Luke...
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    There is a book named after my birth year :D
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited December 2017
    Dev6 said:

I can't understand anyone hating on The Phantom Menace when Attack of the Clones is clearly the worst Star Wars movie of all (and I'm counting the disney movies).

You obviously are not including Caravan of Courage and Battle for Endor. (watch Wicket talk at the end - his mouth moves like a nutcracker!)

https://youtu.be/pyvjc_20XpQ
  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 59
    tbone1 said:

This one could determine an age range for Americans, since the show was never in syndication.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH0gcYgqOgM

Born in 1970, WKRP was the first 'grown-up' show I ever watched. Loved it then, still do now. They released a DVD set a few years back that has about 90% of the original music. Pink Floyd were the only artists I remember refusing to let them use their song(s), but there may have been more.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719

Dev6 said:

I can't understand anyone hating on The Phantom Menace when Attack of the Clones is clearly the worst Star Wars movie of all (and I'm counting the disney movies).

You obviously are not including Caravan of Courage and Battle for Endor. (watch Wicket talk at the end - his mouth moves like a nutcracker!)

I wasn't including them, lol. But I did watch and enjoyed both. They're not that bad, as far as made-for-TV childrens movies go.
    I never got to watch the christmas special though, I've heard it's awful.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I'm an immortal Martian... age has no meaning to me... :wink:
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    deltago said:

I like how no one has given a straight answer except @Dev6 and the OP.

Well, to be more specific I can add that I'm shaped like myself and am as broad as I have breadth.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @JoenSo That's a very bold statement... do you have empirical proof? :)
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    mlnevese said:

I am the proof!
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    JoenSo said:

mlnevese said:

I am the proof!
    You can't handle the truth!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited December 2017
    Age is just a number... and that number, for me, is 26.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Dev6 said:

Dev6 said:

I wasn't including them, lol. But I did watch and enjoyed both. They're not that bad, as far as made-for-TV childrens movies go.
    I never got to watch the christmas special though, I've heard it's awful.
    To quote Carrie Fisher: "It was awful, and I don’t mean awful in a good way.” :wink:
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Balrog99 said:

Hey all,

I'm just curious as to the age of the forum members. What I really wonder is what references to older movie, novel, TV, radio, or media references in general will go over the head of current members. Rounding to the nearest 5 years will be sufficient to slake my curiosity

I'll tell you that I was born in 1967 to kick things off...

HAHA. Me too. 1967 was clearly the awesomest year ever! :smiley:
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @kanisatha Too be fair, I was also born after the Wall fell and I am German, but we never spoke about the GDR or the Cold War in school. Granted, I live about as far west as it goes, but in retrospect this is still really really weird to me.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Somehow I have a vague memory of my parents trying to tell me of this momentous event (the fall of the Wall), but as I was 4 years old, I did not really register it on their level (they were history teachers too, double the interest).
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    23/03/1986
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im an even 30, semi retired when i was 25 and plan to fully retire at 40 whether it be card board box or mansion *fingers crossed* come on mansion
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Title of this thread sound like some epic mod for Age of Empires.
    And let's just say I am the youngest one in here. ;)