Skip to content

(Men Only) Facial hair or No Facial hair ?

dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
edited December 2017 in Off-Topic
  1. (Men Only) Facial hair or No Facial hair ?33 votes
    1. Facial hair
      69.70%
    2. No Facial hair
      30.30%

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Beards are warm and fuzzy. You're never alone when you have a beard.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Scruff. Can't grow a proper beard, damn it...
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    I shave for them where needed - I expect them to do the same for me, at least in the face. I'm not keen to kiss Chewbacca.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Facial hair of course.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I started shaving when I was 12. (I think it's the Welsh blood in me.) And I grew a goatee in college. In 1986. Even the jazz majors thought it was edgy, because at that time, I think I was the only person apart from Dizzy Gillespie and Kip Thorne to do it.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    We must stand united, my brothers in beards!
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    My facial hair grows so fast that keeping myself clean shaven is a serious, time-consuming pain in the ass, especially as someone who is NOT a morning person. So I have a full beard, though I do keep it very neat. And no neck beard! :smiley:
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    BOOM
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    My wife likes it.
    ThacoBell said:

My wife likes it.

My ex-wife used to...
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    ThacoBell said:

My wife likes it.

Way-hey! [Insert Sid James laugh here.]
    edited December 2017
    kanisatha said:

My facial hair grows so fast that keeping myself clean shaven is a serious, time-consuming pain in the ass, especially as someone who is NOT a morning person. So I have a full beard, though I do keep it very neat. And no neck beard! :smiley:

I'm jealous! Mine gets too damned itchy before it ever results in anything resembling an actual beard.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea I wasn't sure if this was asking what way I go, or what way I'd like to go.

I'd prefer to have no facial hair. But often out of laziness I let it grow out.
    Balrog99 said:

kanisatha said:

I'm jealous! Mine gets too damned itchy before it ever results in anything resembling an actual beard.
    Conditioner is your friend. It always itches the most while its still short.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited December 2017
    I had a beard (on and off) for many years and they are useful things: They keep you warm and you can keep things in them, like pens, and breakfast (useful when you fancy a mid-morning snack).

Beards do however have two major disadvantages:
    1) Some women don't like them, so you have to be prepared to make concessions (but they're easy enough to grow back).
    2) More importantly, they go grey before your head hair!
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited December 2017
    I am fond of my moustache! :smiley:
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Facial hair- yes
    Facial bush- nope
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    My wife does not like it
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i hate facial hair, mine grows in so thick and pretty fast, but out of laziness i only shave like once a week, luckily gilette pro fusion can take out pretty thick stuff

in high school i use to rock a solid goatee, but those days are over, i prefer no facial hair
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Treebeard and I happen to agree on this. ;)
    (Giant poplars n me near the NC/TN border)
    Gotta respect the long beards. Mine only seems to grow thicker and wider without actually getting longer.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    With my avatar, how do you think I would vote :)
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I have a weird inconsistent beard growth, but you gotta play with the cards you got and with some tenacity and determination, you'll find your inner dwarf eventually. So yes, I have a beard. Currently it's looking a bit hoboesque since I haven't groomed it in a month or so, but I've grown accustomed to it now and can't see myself without a beard any longer. It would feel really naked without one.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited December 2017
    I'm kinda torn between no facial hair at all (like my avatar, or perhaps Matrix style) and something like my favorite Wizardry 8 portrait

Since I can't be bothered to shave everyday and I'm not engaged, so nobody can complain, I'm usually looking pretty close to that Wizardry guy, except a bit less brutal.