Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    The download stopped at 162 MB, so I closed and re-started. It says preload complete. Is there any way for me to be certain that it came over correctly?
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @reedmilfam

Go to the folder where you installed the game and check the size of the folder named "data". It should be around 1.3gb.
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    2 m downloaded ...too bad ...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HemiHemi Member Posts: 8
    is it true that you'll have to download additional files at 28 nov?
    @Hemi yes. About 500mb according to some folks around here.
  • HemiHemi Member Posts: 8
    thats bad =( not sure that i'll be able to find internet on a vacation
  • topymacijietopymacijie Member Posts: 30
    WOOOO 11 B/s
  • MarkalethMarkaleth Member Posts: 9
    Classic case of server overload. I'm sure they'll take care of it by the 28 and we'll have our games pre-loaded and ready to go. Be patient guys! We've waited 10 years, a week more or less will not kill us!

On a side note: how do i get my pre-purchase forum badge if i made my forum account after i made the pre-order?
  • GrifGrif Member Posts: 48
    Yeah download just paused here, and only at about 150MB.

.... speaking of forum badges, wonder if I got one? will know in 3... 2... 1...
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Markaleth If you registered with the same e-mail address you used for Beamdog, it should happen automatically within 24 hours. Otherwise, send a private message to Nathan by going here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/profile/967/Nathan

Click "Message" in the top right corner and send him your Beamdog e-mail address. Do not use "Add Comment" because that's public, and he won't be notified if you post on his wall.
  • macholymacholy Member Posts: 8
    1.00B/S The new record! I really wish I could upload a screenshot~=v=
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    @PhillipDaigle @TrentOster
    Suggest you to switch to scaleable Amazon AWS
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Kilivitz - 1.34 GB, so it looks like I'm good. Funny that the installer status jammed, but it might have been because my computer was in power save mode and maybe download continued while the screen was locked. Don't really have a better explanation. 6 days to go and counting before I must gather [my] party before venturing forth .
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    Overhaul Games=onlyproblem witch the games.......i pay and cant download goooood......hope game will be good....
  • MarkalethMarkaleth Member Posts: 9
    @Jalily Thank you ever so kindly for the insight. I'll be sure to keep an eye on things. It's not really a concern since i primarily want to play the game but it'd be nice to have alittle something on here as well.
    Thank you once again!
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    edited November 2012

Its been downloading 3 1/2 hours now, still only up to 201Mb... download rate now about 12Kb/s, which was better than before, though... Am in the UK and using P2P mode via the Beamdog client

Okay, left the client running overnight, is up to 1.0Gb downloaded now, am now getting about 28Kb/s - that's still pretty slow, though

BTW just to add - I'm not really complaining, I just want to ensure that people who buy the game don't get given a bad impression when downloading the game, as I want BGEE to be a huge success, so that it continues to get supported and so that we get BG2EE and even IWDEE, Planescape EE etc.
  • DolarrahDolarrah Member Posts: 17
    Whats worse then the slow download speed is they are using P2P to do the downloads, not only are they giving me a pathetic speed that is worth squat, they are trying to use my computer in place of thier server without asking. P2P is enabled by default. I should send them a bill for upload bandwidth.
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    Using beamdog client, download rate is less than.... 1KB/s ! I'll never make it at such a slow rate.
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    macholy said:

1.00B/S The new record! I really wish I could upload a screenshot~=v=

dam you beat mine I was at all of 5 b/s for a large part of the Download. Lucky after about 30 minutes it poped up to a whopping 274kbs then finally 1.2mbs for the last 300 mbs

• AADA7AAADA7A Member Posts: 32
    I tried downloading with installer, got to 500mb, then opened the beamdog client and tried to download from there. Suddenly, it's like 2mb/second and I'm all like "buttkicking for goodness!" only a minute later I realize that it's the same download, just adjusting to what's already downloaded. ^^;
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    It's been over eight hours and the installer's still stuck on "Getting download info". I've restarted it more than once to no effect. Is anyone having better luck with this?
    edited November 2012
    AADA7A said:

and I'm all like "buttkicking for goodness!"

Sorry dude, but I laughed hard at this.
    @shawne: no, not really. I've now stopped trying until they fix their server issue.
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    I downloaded the pre-loader yesterday I don't k now what happened but went from, "connecting... for like 5 minutes" - then to "30 b/s of 3 minutes" - "4mb sec" and was downloaded in like a few minutes :O!!!
  • MageKing17MageKing17 Member Posts: 3
    shawne said:

It's been over eight hours and the installer's still stuck on "Getting download info". I've restarted it more than once to no effect. Is anyone having better luck with this?

I got maybe 100 MB before it started getting stuck on "Getting download info..." for the past several hours. Hopefully it's just the server being busy...
    edited November 2012

I just want to ensure that people who buy the game don't get given a bad impression when downloading the game

A few days after release downloads should be normal - that's when most newcomers will start buying the game anyway. This initial traffic jam is only because of anxious long time fans like you, me, and most folks here.

Has there been any indication of how many people have pre-ordered?
    Ignatius said:

Has there been any indication of how many people have pre-ordered?

According to how many people got the pre-order badge, at least 2700. And that's only people who registered to the forums.
  • GreatmasterBGreatmasterB Member Posts: 12
    I got 550 MB before now being stuck at "Getting download info...". The question is whether to restart the downloader or to better wait for it to reconnect....