Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    @IkonNavros
    join the party :p
  • Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    I must be lucky. Downloaded via Beamdog with no issues.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited November 2012
    I am having the same problem as Troodon80, it displays this error message after some time on the "Getting Download Info..." screen. The odd thing is it wasn't crashing when I tried it before, it was just the delay problem.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    All downloaded :) Helm Yeah!!!!
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @PhillipDaigle
    Getting anywhere from 60-120 KB/sec over here in Indiana. Thank you so much for resolving my problem! I wish more developers were actively involved in their game communities like you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Paused the download a while ago (i'm studing on the computer, watching online classes) and now the launcher does not recognize the fact i had a previous download, i don't have a download button anymore and the laucher system only display "Get download info" as it did before the pre-download was released... so... am i fucked?
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Troodon80 said:

Got a slight problem, perhaps someone can help.

I'm getting this message:

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: bgee.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 0.2.3.0
    Problem Signature 03: 50a71028
    Problem Signature 04: PresentationCore
    Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4f34fb0a
    Problem Signature 07: 296e
    Problem Signature 08: 40
    Problem Signature 09: System.TypeInitialization
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 6153
    I'm also getting the same error message when I try to launch the Beamdog client. I was going to try downloading this tomorrow, since I can't download at home (poor speed and even poorer data cap). I'm using a laptop, Toshiba A300-21H, which is also used for software development, so it has got things like VS2005/08/10/12 and all the necessary frameworks. I very rarely get errors like this, and only usually on my other computers* or virtual machines (haven't tried this on any of them) that don't have VS or the .NET frameworks installed, so I'm left a little confused as to why on this. I have DirectX completely up to date since 2007, too.

*Before anyone suggests, I can't realistically try this installer/downloader out on any of my other computers for said reason of data cap and poor speed, as well as not having Windows or Mac installed on all of them. Nor can I really transport my main computer given its size and weight (the one few downsides to the Cosmos II case). But I can say that the Beamdog client works on my main computer. I just can't download anything from home, which leaves me a little snookered as to how to get this game...

We're working on this one. We may need to contact you via email.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    kamuizin said:

Paused the download a while ago (i'm studing on the computer, watching online classes) and now the launcher does not recognize the fact i had a previous download, i don't have a download button anymore and the laucher system only display "Get download info" as it did before the pre-download was released... so... am i fucked?

Its just having trouble connecting, once it gets through it'll resume the download from where it left off.
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    Finally got a connection about an hour ago. Almost downloaded, up to 1.1 on machine 1. Still trying to get a connection with machine 2. You guys are busy!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited November 2012
    if you say so, there's no issue poiting that the game recognize that i have a partial download. I have a "ready to download" wrote in orange above the title and a "(/)" button in the place where should be the download button at the right and middle part of the screen.

Well, know what, let's just forget it for now, the game is only playable in 28 november anyway, i will try again tomorrow.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110

We're working on this one. We may need to contact you via email.

That's okay, thank you for the reply. I will await updates :).
  • kingcrowleykingcrowley Member Posts: 23
    Arabus13 said:

Ditto.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Mine was solved - I did get my login/pword to work and it's downloading SLOWLY. I am THANKFUL for the pre-download, as we won't be delayed when release occurs.

Thank you to Beamdog/Overhaul!
    If the download doesn't start soon im gonna have to start screaming like this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKss2uYpih8&feature=player_embedded
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Verification failed due to server error ZOMG ... LET ME INSTALL :(
  • DraxAndargDraxAndarg Member Posts: 15
    Cool... getting some progress now. Got 114 mb down at speeds around 150kb.
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84

Arabus13 said:

Ditto.
    Smooth and fast download with no problems here too. Yay! :)
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2012
    The servers seem to be fine.

After 20 minutes of d/l with 200kb/s, it shot at 1.3mb/s and finished the preloading pretty fast.

So server problems will disappear slowly, i don't know about individual problems though.
  • NielsKunddahlNielsKunddahl Member Posts: 5
    Be patient. It slow so just try again.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Finally started for me.
  • vorticanvortican Member Posts: 206

baaddare said:

I am in Port Saint Lucie just north of West Palm Beach in South Florida and am getting all of 6.8 b/s yes I said B/s not MBS or KBS :(

I have IPS of ATT U-verse. I just did a test and have 16.6 Mbps with is just under the 18 i am suppose to have and an upload of 1.25MBS 0% packet loss 52ms ping and 13ms jitter ( normaly my jitter is 0)

Try turning the P2P mode on. How long has the download been going?
    P2P really helped for me (in Michigan, northern USA). My download average went from ~150k/sec to ~300-400k/sec. Now it's upwards of 1MB/sec but I don't expect it to last.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Stuck at getting download info it doesn't matter if I try with the Beamdog client or the standalone installer...
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    edited November 2012
    Its been downloading 3 1/2 hours now, still only up to 201Mb... download rate now about 12Kb/s, which was better than before, though... Am in the UK and using P2P mode via the Beamdog client
  • NielsKunddahlNielsKunddahl Member Posts: 5
    Server overhaul. To many
    edited November 2012
    my BGEE stand alone patcher crashed twice now... never used to the past couple of hours I tried re-launch to fix it. :O

edit:still stuck on getting download info btw XD
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited November 2012
    @PhillipDaigle now I've preloaded the game onto my laptop, but I was just wondering if there was an easy (that works) to move these files over to my desktop for playing on the release date. I'd prefer to not have to download it all again.

Edit: I did not use the beamdog client to download.
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    no problems for me, however its installing then goes down Bits per second to "Connecting..." and just stays like that.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Yep, if you copy the folder over to another PC and log in at least once it should be fine.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

Yep, if you copy the folder over to another PC and log in at least once it should be fine.

Ok great thanks.
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    mlnevese said:

Stuck at getting download info it doesn't matter if I try with the Beamdog client or the standalone installer...

Same story here, Im kinda confused... does it mean that I have to get some info in order to download the game?? :D
    Hehh.. is it like a pre-quest to play the game "get the info" mission.