Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    still stuck at 'Getting download info' at my computer here in Holland. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow, it's getting late in the evening now.

• mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
    increased to roughly 100 kb/s more or less:)
    I'm situated in Europe.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

For those of you experiencing very low download speeds, can you let me know whereabouts you're located? We have pretty global coverage but we're on the lookout for any bottlenecks out there.

Oxford, United Kingdom, has now stalled completely. Not a big deal for the pre-download, but hope things are better provisioned on release day, still it's a good test of capacity doing the pre-download

• PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654

still stuck at 'Getting download info' at my computer here in Holland. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow, it's getting late in the evening now.

Give it a few minutes and then restart your client.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @PhillipDaigle
    Okay, I emailed you. I suppose I should've mentioned who I was before I sent it but its angrypitfiend@hotmail.com
  • CenerCener Member Posts: 45
    Pre-load complete ! :)
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2012
    Fluctuating between 90-200 kb/s in Greece.

Given the traffic, i think it's ok.
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    I am in Port Saint Lucie just north of West Palm Beach in South Florida and am getting all of 6.8 b/s yes I said B/s not MBS or KBS :(

I have IPS of ATT U-verse. I just did a test and have 16.6 Mbps with is just under the 18 i am suppose to have and an upload of 1.25MBS 0% packet loss 52ms ping and 13ms jitter ( normaly my jitter is 0)

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited November 2012
    i keep getting the message "limited conectivity: unable to receive products update" on my screen and the buying car has the msg "you are offline, click here to sign in", i believe something is maybe wrong here, not sure anyway.
  • FaerieFire68FaerieFire68 Member Posts: 6
    Dl'ing now from about 650 KB - 1.45 MB ,U.S.A Chicago IL. :)
    Make sure that you've updated your Beamdog client. If you still seeing the limited connectivity after the update, exit Beamdog completely and then start it again. It may take several minute to establish a connection as things are still pretty slow.
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    It's goin 30-80kb/s. Could be my internet.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

You are cheating...

baaddare said:

I am in Port Saint Lucie just north of West Palm Beach in South Florida and am getting all of 6.8 b/s yes I said B/s not MBS or KBS :(

I have IPS of ATT U-verse. I just did a test and have 16.6 Mbps with is just under the 18 i am suppose to have and an upload of 1.25MBS 0% packet loss 52ms ping and 13ms jitter ( normaly my jitter is 0)

Try turning the P2P mode on. How long has the download been going?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

For those of you experiencing very low download speeds, can you let me know whereabouts you're located? We have pretty global coverage but we're on the lookout for any bottlenecks out there.

Tel-Aviv, Israel; I got about 80 MB and the download slowed, then stopped. Currently stuck on "Getting download info".

baaddare said:

Try turning the P2P mode on. How long has the download been going?

I have the P2P on been at it for 30 minutes just now it shot up to 52.58 KB
    using the BGE download as the beanbag one just kept saying no or low conectivity

Let me know if you need any other information

oh if it helps usually when i do a game download from steam, GS or say GW2 from arena it runs around 1.2-1.7 MBS if that helps
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Ok, my download is going now, i will finish it in... well not sure, started with 69 days, now it's 6 hours, lets see if the speed raise with time.
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    mine still stuck on download info... im in the UK if is of any help to you Phillip.
    oh also when i do get this downloaded will it help other P2P users if i stay connected to the system
  • flare100flare100 Member Posts: 9
    Still can get past "Getting download info". Im restarting every so often but alas, no luck so far.
  • kkramonekkramone Member Posts: 54
    ~100 kb/sec, in Turkey...
    Some people are still getting hit with 503 errors but things are getting better. If your download stops and reverts back to "Getting download info", let it sit for awhile at it should improve.
  • SimmOSimmO Member Posts: 10
    anyone downloading without beamdog yet?
  • GeldridgeGeldridge Member Posts: 21
    @PhillipDaigle
    Like @Nemissa - I'm in the UK and it gets stuck on 'Getting download info...'

I"ve restarted computer and the downloaded a couple of times in the past 3 hours, but no further progress...
  • FaerieFire68FaerieFire68 Member Posts: 6
    mch202 said:

You are cheating...

:( I'ts just the way it happened ... I guess the gods of Faerûn of Old smiled upon me ...

Thanks be to Mystra !!!
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    @Geldridge
    Yeah,i just keep relaunching every 15 minutes or so,hoping that will be the right one :P
  • CenerCener Member Posts: 45
    edited November 2012
    SimmO said:

anyone downloading without beamdog yet?

I've got the game few minutes ago, without the beamdog client, and with ~4 Mo/s (France/Europe)

• RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    Um... I never received an email for the predownload