Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Yeah, no server. Way too much demand? Nice to know we can preload! Can't wait! :D
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    I'm wondering,is anyone using the stand alone BGEE installaer like me and is stuck on "getting download info" , got windows 8 as me?
    I'm wondering if there is some kind of new setting to unlock somewhere (i'm still new to this system and still learning it). Removed the restriction from the firewall so far but can't see any other stuff that my prevent it :O
  • ducerinoducerino Member Posts: 8

I'm trying to install through the stand-alone version, but when I try to log in (which apparently is required to download the full game?) I get an error:
    "Verification failed due to a server error."

i get the same thing...

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I can't get onto the Beamdog site now... Must be busy... I have managed to download the installer though... Verification failure at the mo...

Must learn PATIENCE !

*Starts tapping the William Tell overture at double time using forehead*
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Nemissa said:

I'm wondering,is anyone using the stand alone BGEE installaer like me and is stuck on "getting download info" , got windows 8 as me?
    I'm wondering if there is some kind of new setting to unlock somewhere (i'm still new to this system and still learning it). Removed the restriction from the firewall so far but can't see any other stuff that my prevent it :O

I don't have windows 8, but it's the same for everyone else as well with the installer. It's not a problem on your side.
    Cool.
    Just wanted to make sure ;P
  • BarbosaBarbosa Member Posts: 10
    I can't even get into the page - 503 Service Unavailable message - I think it's pointless, we're all doomed.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Some stuff broke'd, we're fixing it at the moment. For those of you who are experiencing "Getting download info..." still, we now have a local test case to work from and should have more news later.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited November 2012
    All downloaded!

Now what am I going to do...
  • sebassebas Member Posts: 56
    Hang in there guys, the treasure is real!

• ducerinoducerino Member Posts: 8
    using wizard's eye to find download info
    We're going to wait until we have a handle on what's happening with the stalled downloads before we send out the general email.
    edited November 2012
    Back at ya, via the client AND yours below!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    sebas said:

what kind of spell u used :P
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Nemissa said:

sebas said:

what kind of spell u used :P
    Its clear some of use finished pre-loaders have been spamming time stop.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited November 2012
    decado said:

All downloaded!

Be patient, just like the ones waiting for the servers to get functioning an - the game won't be unlocked untill the 28th!

(that's the releasedate, what you got now is only a predownload - but maybe Son_of_Imoen is answering a rhetorical question, in which case the answer is: bite fingernails for 6 days!)

For those of you stuck at "Getting download info..."

Because of the high volume of traffic, Beamdog.com started handing out '503' errors, which means that the server was too busy to respond to your request. As such, the installer was having difficulty downloading some necessary files from our site. The 503 errors should be largely gone now, so please exit your client and restart it. It may take some time to connect, so please be patient.

If you are still stuck later on, let us know. We're still looking into the issue to see if some people are stuck in different ways.

decado said:

All downloaded!

Be patient, just like the ones waiting for the servers to get functioning an - the game won't be unlocked untill the 28th!

(that's the releasedate, what you got now is only a predownload - but maybe Son_of_Imoen is answering a rhetorical question, in which case the answer is: bite fingernails for 6 days!)

That's a stupid idea.... I'm going to go to bed instead. The sooner you sleep the sooner tomorrow comes.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Why are you soooo eager to DL the game in like 5 minutes? You can easily wait a day or two, it still isn't playable 'till 28th -.-'
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited November 2012
    I was getting verification failures... must have forgotten my password...

So changed it... Beamdog loaded up again... Yay!

Back to installer to try again, with new password...

verification failure...

*picks usb mouse up and holds before face*

Boo, help me!

*sobs, whilst beginning to stroke mouse like a fury rodent...*

EDIT: Was too silly on re reading so edited... This must have been extreme silliness if you have read any of my other posts...
  • marcellussmarcelluss Member Posts: 34
    Hello,

I have a small problem. I updated BeamDog Client and I run it again. In section “My games” I have still “loading” (in section "store" too.)
    It seems our servers are still getting swamped - we're working on them right now, but until they're fixed you'll probably see a variety of error messages.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Anyone knows how big it is? (I mean, in MBs or GBs)
    Przemkas said:

Why are you soooo eager to DL the game in like 5 minutes? You can easily wait a day or two, it still isn't playable 'till 28th -.-'

I wish I knew, I feel like an addict, even though I still have some 5 old BG-campaigns running, I keep restarting the client to see if it can connect now. But just start and be patient said Philip, so that's what I'm doing now.

Anduin said:

I was getting verification failures... must have forgotten my password...

So changed it... Beamdog loaded up again... Yay!

Back to installer to try again, with new password...

verification failure...

*picks usb mouse up and holds before face*

Boo, help me!

*sobs, whilst beginning to stroke mouse like a fury rodent...*

EDIT: Was too silly on re reading so edited... This must have been extreme silliness if you have read any of my other posts...

But your original post was patiently created!

• marcellussmarcelluss Member Posts: 34
    @PhillipDaigle - thanks for info.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    who knew.. PRELOAD COMPLETE :-)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Necdilzor said:

Anyone knows how big it is? (I mean, in MBs or GBs)

3.1 GBs.