Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• shipwreckshipwreck Member Posts: 10
    Syntia13 said:

@shipwreck

shipwreck said:

So why exactly did someone decide to unlock preloading on Thanksgiving?!? And yes, I'm aware we in the US are the only ones celebrating.

So that you Americans finally have something to be thankful for. :P
    We were already thankful we were American!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    CRPGs are actually unique in that they have a huge European and Asian following. Right now I'd say our sales are evenly split between NA and Europe, Germany in particular.
  • MageKing17MageKing17 Member Posts: 3
    That direct torrent file is working great; everyone should give Mortes all the insightfuls/likes he deserves!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Menthro said:

I imagine that by then they will have a better data structure set up, guided by what has been happening now. Also a 500 Mb file is easier for thousands of people to get then a 1.9 Gb file for those same thousands of people.

Not when you're downloading them at 1 KB/s...

• immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    edited November 2012
    I am downloading at a whopping 4 B/s at this rate it will be a month for the pre-load to complete :P
    i's this site all my other connections hit at least 5 Meg per second...oops it just jumped up to 300 B/s so it might only take weeks not months :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    For anyone still having problems with "Getting Download Info...", if you delete the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder from Program Files, then reinstall from BGEEInstaller.exe, that fixed the issue for me. You may need to log out or reboot your computer as the file may be locked.

Also, Phil, for the sake of ease-of-use for newer players, when BG:EE is installed, could it create shortcuts to the manuals in the Program Files group? Currently it just creates shortcuts to the launcher and website.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Wow, I cant even get 1 kb/s of download speed. I get a tiny amount, and then it just keeps reducing till it hits 0.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    Mungri said:

Wow, I cant even get 1 kb/s of download speed. I get a tiny amount, and then it just keeps reducing till it hits 0.

Try this. Reboot your computer. Rename c:\program files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition to Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition_old

Reinstall BGEEInstaller.exe again, leaving use P2P enabled.

Also verify that BGEE launcher is allowed through your firewall.

• BeastmanBeastman Member Posts: 42
    Torrent works great. Between 900 KB and 1.2 MB. Many Thanks. I'll keep seeding for a while...
  • ThorsonWThorsonW Member Posts: 8
    @PhillipDaigle My preload won't get past "Getting download info", is something wrong? Or are the servers for the standalone launcher just broken at the moment?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    just closed and opened the beamdog client, that worked for my, don't know if will work for you.
  • saffon69saffon69 Member Posts: 58
    i see a post about putting the download into a different file not the recomended one , which file would you recomend as I am usless at computers
  • railonrailon Member Posts: 2
    pentanorl said:

mlnevese said:

For those having problems downloading, I suggest using the method suggeste by Mortes on the Pre-load thread.

If you have problems to download the files with the official installer, you can try to download them with your prefered torrent software instead. To do it you'll have to login on the beamdog website and follow this link:

http://www.beamdog.com/client/beam/00766.torrent

It will download the BGEE torrent file which you can use to download the preload data files.
    After the download finished, you can copy the 00766 folder with all its content over to the location of the official downloader.

Depending on whether you used the beamdog client or the dedicated BGEE downloader before, you should locate the '\BeamDog\Games' (beamdog client) or '\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data' (dedicated BGEE installer) and copy the 00766 folder from the torrent download location into there. You'll probably have to overwrite existing files. Do so as those files are likely incomplete.

Now you'll only have to delete the files 766.beam and 766.status from this very same folder. Start the official downloader/beamdog client again. It will check the files and should confirm that the download is complete.

Cheers,
    Mortes

@PhillipDaigle I suggest to add this quote to the first post. ^^

Using BitTorrent I was able to download with my maximum bandwith (about 900 Kb/s).
    I'll seed until the release time.
    Is the link broken or it is just me? Thanks
  • SavvySavvy Member Posts: 2
    I've tried both the Beamdog client and the direct torrent and neither are working very well for me. Using the direct link, I'm sitting at 18B/s currently which is not promising at all, and spiked at 4Mb/s for a second about an hour ago, but that's as good as it's been! The client was even worse :S
  • JediMBJediMB Member Posts: 3
    The BGEE updater was pretty worthless, but BitTorrent got the whole package downloaded in just over 20 minutes for me. Instead of at most 90 kB/s, the download peaked at around 4 MB/s.

Now I'm just seeding at around 500 kB/s for the rest of y'all. Hope I'm doing some good. :P
  • railonrailon Member Posts: 2
    JediMB said:

The BGEE updater was pretty worthless, but BitTorrent got the whole package downloaded in just over 20 minutes for me. Instead of at most 90 kB/s, the download peaked at around 4 MB/s.

Now I'm just seeding at around 500 kB/s for the rest of y'all. Hope I'm doing some good. :P

Would you mind to tell me how did you make that link work, I mean http://www.beamdog.com/client/beam/00766.torrent, because I cant add this to the BitTorrent or I am pretty useless xD

I am a bit tired and cant focus and I would appreciate some help!

Thanks!
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    railon said:

JediMB said:

Would you mind to tell me how did you make that link work, I mean http://www.beamdog.com/client/beam/00766.torrent, because I cant add this to the BitTorrent or I am pretty useless xD

Thanks!
    It'll only work if you already have a dedicated torrent downloader installed, such as utorrent or bittorrent.

Google is your friend here mate - go hunting and it shouldn't be too long before you're up and downloading.

Also - Yay! My Pre-loads finished!
  • FlauschigFlauschig Member Posts: 84
    Uninstalling and installing again does not help. Sometimes it get stuck at "downloading info" sometimes at 60 mb, some times at 512 kb. If it once stopps by itself, it will never download or change mb count.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    I'm done. Had to uninstall and re-install the BGEE launcher and then wait about 6 hours for it to download. It mostly transferred at less than 1kb/s and then randomly hit 1.4mb/s and stayed there.
  • betobeto Member Posts: 20
    Can I download it and install in my other computer without internet connection? How?
  • BeastmanBeastman Member Posts: 42
    :-/ torrent downloaded. 07766-folder copied into BGEE/Data-folder. there are, however, no 766.beam and 766.status files to delete. Starting BGEE-installer wants login and throws "verfify due to server error" error and does not check for files. guess i have to be logged in for the installer to check the files?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2012
    @Beastman Correct and the 00766 folder should be copied inside the data folder. Try to verify if you have a firewall blocking your connection.
    beto said:

Can I download it and install in my other computer without internet connection? How?

You can copy the game folder to another machine but it will need to connect to the internet at least once to verify that you own the game.
  • ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    I'm using the BG updater and am on a solid 70KB/s - 100KB/s. Yep those are kilobytes.
    Beastman said:

:-/ torrent downloaded. 07766-folder copied into BGEE/Data-folder. there are, however, no 766.beam and 766.status files to delete. Starting BGEE-installer wants login and throws "verfify due to server error" error and does not check for files. guess i have to be logged in for the installer to check the files?

Yes it won't have those files until you've logged in. Our new server is coming online in a few hours and should help things out considerably.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2012
    @DecrepitDragon
    @railon

railon said:

JediMB said:

Thanks!
    It'll only work if you already have a dedicated torrent downloader installed, such as utorrent or bittorrent.

Google is your friend here mate - go hunting and it shouldn't be too long before you're up and downloading.

Also - Yay! My Pre-loads finished!
    You have to login in the Beamdog page to have access to the .torrent file as well.
  • FeidhlimFeidhlim Member Posts: 10
    I'm attempting both dl methods concurrently and averaging triple digit KB/s. Will seed when done. Good luck all! :-)

• EarthlingEarthling Member Posts: 13
    Got tired of watching the installer do nothing, so followed the torrent advice and got it in 20 minutes. Now back to waiting...