Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• BelgarathBelgarath Member Posts: 15
    Good morning or night everyone. I did the uninstall/reinstall procedure. But it din't work until I restarted my computer. Now I am downloading at 1.5mb/sec... I can't wait for the 28th... :)
  • SpangoNutsSpangoNuts Member Posts: 6
    I tried the uninstall, reinstall yesterday afternoon before the new server was added and did nothing for me.
    When I booted up my computer this morning I figured I didn't have much to lose(113m) if I tried it again, finished downloading in under twenty minutes. Bit chuffed as at some points yesterday the predicted download was over a year.
  • TheRazzTheRazz Member Posts: 4
    Aalborg, Denmark. I was getting B/s at times with peaks around 80 KB/s. Atm I´m floating around 200 - 300 KB/s, with peaks around 1 MB/s, so if you have done anything it has definitely worked :)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

I think It took about 16 hours for me to download it using the Beamdog client (with P2P Turbo turned on), I'm in the UK.

I'm a bit confused about some of the advice to improve download speeds here, should I try to re-install anything prior to the 28th, to ensure faster downloading of the final part of the game?

Anyone? Should I uninstall the Beamdog client (only) and download a new one from the Beamdog site (or elsewhere?) before the 28th, to ensure better download speeds for the final part? Thanks
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    The stand alone installer is best. It does everything including shortcuts etc. The client and the torrent don't do these little bits.
  • sabixsabix Member Posts: 4
    Does it help others downloading faster when the Preload is completed but the window is still opend?
    (The p2p checkbox is automatically disabled when Preload finished)..
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I started download at 6:00pm it was about halfway (445mb) at 12:00am. Completed I presume about 6:00 this morning... I did not know about changes to server and stuff... But seems fine... Reminded me a bit of a BGT install...
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    On speeds... I managed a peak of 6kb a second...
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    The download was slow
    I walked, saw trees, heard birds sing
    The game is there now
  • netlichnetlich Member Posts: 6
    chalk me up to the list of happy pre-loaders :)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Anduin said:

On speeds... I managed a peak of 6kb a second...

6kb/s?? ohh good old 2003 days..

• mickyh44mickyh44 Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2012
    I do not know what you did, but when I go to sleep yesterday it was downloading very slowly, and when I turn on my screen this morning download was completed (with bgee downloader).

Well done ;)
  • VoloVolo Member Posts: 6
    i can't connect to server, stuck at 'Getting download info...'
    trying torrent..
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Left it running while I was off to work yesterday for about 14 hours - was done when I got home - only bad news is my 3 days off are Sun Mon Tues so it will likely be next sunday before I can play for more than a few hours...
  • SalamisSalamis Member Posts: 11
    saffon69 said:

whoooohhhhooooooo ...I got it ......bring on the 28th...my birthday and the rebirth of BG:EE....was that too epic or not enough ?

Hah the 28th's my birthday too. An early "many happy returns" to you, @saffon69.

• NymMoondownNymMoondown Member Posts: 219
    Just a question (stand alone installer)
    it's ok that predownload bar stops at about one-half? I've downloaded about 750 Mega, but then process have stopped (without any message, I could still see the speed download), and after having closed the window and reopened it a message tell me that preload is complete.
    It's all ok?
    Or maybe I've to clean the installation and re-lauch it?
    If so, how can I do that?
    I see only the installation of the installer by now.
    Thank you,
    Bye

(I've already emailed support)

Just a question (stand alone installer)
    it's ok that predownload bar stops at about one-half? I've downloaded about 750 Mega, but then process have stopped (without any message, I could still see the speed download), and after having closed the window and reopened it a message tell me that preload is complete.
    It's all ok?
    Or maybe I've to clean the installation and re-lauch it?
    If so, how can I do that?
    I see only the installation of the installer by now.
    Thank you,
    Bye

(I've already emailed support)

Check the size of the folder you have downloaded to..

• Engel82Engel82 Member Posts: 6
    Have been trying to get it via one of the two 'official' options since the email came through yesterday. Download speeds go from 2.3Mb/s to 1B/s!? The upgrade in Beamdog downloader that must have happened today seems to have done the trick. Approximately 1/2 way now and crossing my fingers. Lucky we all pre-ordered - Imagine the frustration at having the game and knowing you could play it if only it downloaded!!
  • saffon69saffon69 Member Posts: 58
    Engel82 said:

Have been trying to get it via one of the two 'official' options since the email came through yesterday. Download speeds go from 2.3Mb/s to 1B/s!? The upgrade in Beamdog downloader that must have happened today seems to have done the trick. Approximately 1/2 way now and crossing my fingers. Lucky we all pre-ordered - Imagine the frustration at having the game and knowing you could play it if only it downloaded!!

I know how you feel , at 1 point it was 1 B/s and I was thinking well it'll be a nice 2013 Xmas prezzie LOL

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    After trying the torrent, the beamdog client and the main installer, finally uninstalling the entire thing which had technically fully dowloaded) and starting again did the trick! It should not be this hard to pre-load a game...
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Mine downloaded within the first few hours it was available, I think. I started the download and then went to have thanksgiving dinner, and it was done when I got back, So that's something to be thankful for :).
  • Engel82Engel82 Member Posts: 6
    So its finally downloaded (thank Bhaal!) and the status says preload complete. Is there anything else we can do ie install it before the 28th?
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Nope.. just sit and wait, .....:P
    Engel82 said:

So its finally downloaded (thank Bhaal!) and the status says preload complete. Is there anything else we can do ie install it before the 28th?

Nope, just waiting. On release day you will have to download another 500mb and thats it.

• BiodiodeBiodiode Member Posts: 3
    Brought and downloaded this morning, didn't seem to take long neither. Roll on 28th, really looking forward to this. May dust off Baldur's Gate II while I'm waiting :)
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    Mine still stuck on getting download info...occasionally start downloading something for about 100kb/s then it stop con connecting. Until I restart it.
    Shame :/ The new servers haven't done much this end.
  • patbakerpatbaker Member Posts: 21
    played bg1 in late 90s just pre loaded bgee waiten til the 28th exited
    Sent an email at support@beamdog.com
    Hopefully they can sort something out :)
  • shipwreckshipwreck Member Posts: 10
    I gave up downloading with the standalone, and I wasn't about to try it with Beamdog client. I used the torrent and downloaded it in 2 hours, versus the 15 hours I didn't download it with the standalone. I recommend to those having difficulty downloading it, use the torrent and save your sanity.
    i'm trying torrent now,see what happen