Skip to content

True classes for companions

2»

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Now that we have a good mod for him I must say Eldoth fits the Charlatan Bard kit to a T.
    I put Faldorn down as an avenger to match the other shadow druids in BGNPC project.
    Imoen as the Adventurer kit. Skie as well.
    Alora the burglar kit.
    Safana- Either swashbuckler or plain thief.
    Xzar in NPCproject fleshes out as an alchemist quite nicely.
    Garrick as a trueclass bard.
    Kagain trueclass fighter still.
    Sharteel trueclass fighter (I still think the fighter class description fits her very well)

The rest as is in BG1. Well, Tiax as Strifeleader of Cyric, Branwen as Battleguard of Tempus, and Viconia as a Nightcloak of Shar.

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited July 2018
    Ok, let's do it. That's how I always mod the NPCs:

BG1:

Ajantis - Cavalier

Alora - Burglar (Song and Silence)

Kivan - Elven Archer (Might and Guile)

Minsc - True Berserker (by @Artemius_I )

Branwen - Battlepriest of Tempus (my new mod TBA)

Montaron - Thug (Might and Guile)

Coran - Fighter/Adventurer (Song and Silence)

Quayle - Illusionist/Hoodwinker of Baravar (my new mod TBA)

Dynaheir - Evoker

Safana - Swashbuckler

Edwin - Conjurer

Shar-Teel - Berserker

Eldoth - Charlatan

Skie - Shadowdancer

Faldorn - Dreadful Witch (I Hate Undead Kitpack)

Tiax - Strifleader of Cyric/Thief (my new mod TBA)

Garrick - Gallant (Might and Guile)

Viconia - Nightcloak of Shar (my new mod TBA)

Imoen - Psypher (Might and Guile)

Xan - Dirgesinger (Bard kit from Song and Silence)

Jaheira - Fighter/Circle Enforcer (I Hate Undead Kitpack)

Xzar - Warlock (by @Arunsun )

Kagain - Mercenary

Yeslick - Fighter/Alaghar of Clangeddin (my new mod TBA)

Khalid - Militia Officer

SoD:

Baeloth - Sorcerer

M’Khiin - Shaman

Neera - Wild Mage

Rasaad - Sunsoul Monk

Dorn - Blackguard

Voghlin - Skald

Glint - Hoodwinker of Baravar/Thief (my new mod TBA)

Corwin - Marksman (Fighter kit from Might and Guile)
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @Raduziel Pretty solid list, man. A few comments though.

Ajantis. I always see him as an Inquisitor. Plus, because of his allieged relations with Keldorn (I think with bg1 Npc Project), it makes sense.

- Montaron. Cannot agree more. He's not an assassin, like some mods like to kit him. An assassin is a silent killer. Montaron is brash and fights dirty, the kind of guy that likes bar-room brawls.

- Faldorn. The Avenger kit fits her very much. Totally in line with her Shadow Druid style.

- Eldoth. I think you created the ultimate bard kit for him. Anyway, that's what he'll be in my runs now !

- Finally, can't wait to see your others incoming mods !
    edited February 2018
    @Arctodus

i) Ajantis is too much a Mr. Nice Guy to be an Inquisitor, IMHO. He and Keldorn both are members of the Radiant Heart, so I think that, and not the kit, is the link between them.

ii) When I finished the Dreadful Witch kit all I could think is giving Faldorn it. Maybe I'm biased, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Before this kit I used to make her a Shapeshifter, make Jaheira an Avenger and make Cernd a Totemic Druid. Now things are changed, as you can see above and now on the BG2 list below.

iii) I'm very happy seeing that the Charlatan kit is being so well received by the community (and by community I mean you, @Zaghoul and my mom)

iv) The current mod I'm working is kind of tricky but I believe will be my best work so far (what is not a great landmark, let's be honest). Soon it will be available to be ignored by everyone. :)

---

BG2:

Nalia - Thief -> Abjurer

Cernd - Totemic Druid

Anomen - Fighter -> Watcher of Helm (my new mod TBA)

Valygar - Wizard Slayer (Fighter - with both Wizard Slayer Rebalancing and Relieving Wizard Slayer)

Aerie - Fastpaw of Baervan/Mage (my new mod TBA)

Yoshimo - Bounty Hunter

Haer'Dalis - Blade

Jan Jansen - Illusionist/Spellfilcher (Might and Guile)

Keldorn - Inquisitor

Korgan - Battlerager (NPC Kitpack)

Mazzy - Truesword of Arvoreen (Paladin - NPC Kitpack)

Sarevok - Deathbringer (NPC Kitpack)
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @Raduziel Another small nitpick on an otherwise very good list. Many people likes to make Valygar a Wizard Slayer, but I believe that being a Stalker fits him very well. I know that he hates magic with a passion, but he's also from a long lineage of mages. The fact that he possess some arcane spells in his repertoire (perhaps even unwillingly) is like a reminder that you can't really escape what you are and your lineage, no matter how much you want to. You can change things, but you can't be someone else entirely. Plus, he completely fits the broody-ranger-with-a-good-heart archetype.

However, I admit that if you want to change his kit, the Wizard Slayer is by far the best.
    edited February 2018
    @Arctodus Being a Stalker is the only reason why he has access to arcane magic. Removing the kit fixes a contradiction the way I see.

Hating wizards is a reason solid enough to make him a Wizard Slayer IMO. I mean, the guy actively tried to stay away from arcane magic during his whole life and he vowed to destroy Lavok IIRC.

I know it is just a matter of opinion, but I do think that it is an RP-solid reason.
    edited February 2018
    Made some changes on my own list based on second thoughts:

Imoen is now a Psypher (I think that it is a nice and subtle way of making the Bhaalspawn powers appear somehow) - I'm using this kit on her for some time now and it is awesome. I honestly don't know why I did not put this first on the list.

Coran is now a Fighter/Adventurer ("Life is adventure or nothing!"). IDK what I had in mind when I gave him the Bounty Hunter kit.

Nalia is now a Thief -> Abjurer (the whole "let's help those in need" act works great for an Abjurer). Being a noble who had to sneak out of the castle every now and then doesn't represent adventure enough to be an Adventurer.

"But Nalia's Wisdom is 9! An Abjurer requires at least 15 Wisdom!". Well, we all know that Baldur's Gate has a lot of illegal characters, so I will not give myself the trouble of altering it or arguing against it.

That's it, I'm done. I'm going to print this list and use it in all my games from now on.