Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[Mod] Ascalon's Questpack (Kerzenburgforum)

13»

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 2,425
    I picked up the ones in the house and I think that I got all of them in the sewers plus the ones in the Iron Throne. I suppose it is possible that I missed one of the skins in the sewers. If I have they would probably have disappeared by now.

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 1,319
    edited June 9
    The code for the gibberling's skin is ACQ18001.ITM and it should be a max of 18.

There should be
    -6 in the West Sewers WSewers [521.2196]
    -8 in the CentralSewers [521.2196] (yes that's the same coordinates as above)
    -4 in the Iron Throne Cellar BaldursGateDocks_IronThrone_Cellar [641.451]

Erm, did anyone actually solve this? Because I see 18 pelts, 18 instances of IncrementGlobal if they are handed over, but a trigger that distinguishes between lower than 20 and 20 skins to finish the quest.

So, if 18 don't finish the quest, you need to cheat in another 2 and talk to him again. I'd appreciate players' feedback on this, as I might have overlooked something, but this is how it looks from scanning the code.

StummvonBordwehr
    edited June 9
    I haven't finished the quest, but am now in Candlekeep with no savegame to check this. I will see if I can finish the quest upon returning to BG. Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

I have finished the quest in my previous set-up. There are also the skins that you get from the house. I don't know at what point the counting starts though, before or after giving him the skins from the house.

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,235
    I gave him 19, abd nothing really happened. Can't console in another one because it's on an ipad.

I'll try talking to him again, to see what the conversation options are. But in the meantime I went to Candlekeep, and I'm playing with the Rough World mod, so I need to stay off the streets for a while.

Wise_Grimwald
    @Wise_Grimwald If there are more skins then that would explain a lot, but the checking variable is not used anywhere else - at least not in dialogue or script.

Next time that I play I will carefully note where the skins are. Too late for this game, and let's face it, it doesn't really matter whether or not this quest is finished.

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,558
    Hi @jastey , firstly, thanks for the mod and the method used (it made fault finding easy) for coding.

I recently installed the Ascelon's Questpack and struck a problem. Unless others are having the same problem, I don't think it needs a fix. From the looks of the discussion here, I don't think other are having the problem...

I will just outline what problem I had and the work around just in case.

Platform/Environment: Generic Gaming Notebook running Windows 10 (1903)
    Game version: BGEE v2.5.17.0 (English)

Symptoms: After installing Ascelon's Questpack v2.05, I tried to start the game and it appeared to stall. No start screen was showing and one of the processors was running at a high percentage The game could only be force closed via Task Manager. This happened on a couple of clean installs.

Some fault finding later, I found that the accent used with fiancée (quest = 'A failed Picnic') was causing the problem. Finding the entry in dialog.tlk showed that it was either corrupt or an unknown character (or indeed the way that the game handles accented characters) and the game was having difficulties when trying to build the quest table. Remarking out the 'createEntry' for this specifc dialog in BGEE.lua allowed the game to start but it wont fix the problem.

After renaming to fiancee in the .tra and reinstalling, the game started without issues.

If any others are having the problem, try this:

Open the file:
    ..\AC_QUEST\tra\english\setup-AC_QUEST.tra

and find the statement:
    --
    @10008 = ~Mrs. Brunnstein in Nashkel misses her Son

I agreed to look for Aaron Brunnstein. The boy went for a mountain trip with his fiancée and was never seen again. Perhaps the ranger Barin in the temple in Nashkel can help us.~
    --

Edit the statement so that it looks like:
    --
    @10008 = ~Mrs. Brunnstein in Nashkel misses her Son

I agreed to look for Aaron Brunnstein. The boy went for a mountain trip with his fiancee and was never seen again. Perhaps the ranger Barin in the temple in Nashkel can help us.~
    --

Reinstall the mod.

Thanks again for the work done in maintaining the mod.
    Gus

StummvonBordwehr
    @Gusinda It's curious problem, but nothing related to this mod per se. The conversion to utf-8 using iconv.exe is current mod standard and works fine, the setup.tra is reloaded. If you have such problems on your system then you'll have the same problem with any non-English language version (with non-latin letters) and all English versions which use non-latin letters.

GusindaBrecher
    I recently tried to play the game with a character whose name was written in Devengari Script. The game didn't recogise the script at all even though this website does.

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,558
    @jastey, I thought it is likely to be a local problem (since no-one else has mentioned it). I will just keep it in the back of my mind if I have similar problems with other mods.

Thanks
    Gus

Wise_Grimwald
    @Gusinda Definitely. I hope my reply didn't sound as if I thought your post unnecessary, that's not the case. The EE engine does have great problems with text format (the old engine didn't crash upon an unknown sysmbol), so drawing attention to this being the cause for all sorts of problems is a good thing.

To the situation: best practice for mods would be to make two different text files separating the mere install lines from the ingame setup lines. This mod has them in one and although this makes no problem ingame (and normally no problem in general), it was what lead to your experiences, which might not have arisen if the setup.tra would contain install lines without symbols, only.

Wise_GrimwaldGusinda
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 1,863
    the bg 1 part of the mod seems to work fine but the one quest for bg 2 seems bugged. i do the unseeing eye quest the way i'm supposed to do it to get the boy out of there . and then he gets stuck at the exit and repeats the dialogue where you get him away from the cult.

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 969
    edited July 15
    megamike15 wrote: »
    the bg 1 part of the mod seems to work fine but the one quest for bg 2 seems bugged. i do the unseeing eye quest the way i'm supposed to do it to get the boy out of there . and then he gets stuck at the exit and repeats the dialogue where you get him away from the cult.

If the (presumed) bug above warrants a new release, please give it a thought about splitting the serpent quest :P

Wise_Grimwald