Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited June 2018
    Hi @Raduziel wish you and the family great health and happiness!

I noticed two things.

1) In BG2EE, my priest of Myrkul got the Holy Word and Unholy Word at 14th level. They show as combat sphere, so I should not have gotten them as Myrkul does not have that sphere.

2) I created a multi-class mage/Talona and I don't get the option for a sword and shield pip (only see Two Handed Weapon Style, One Handed Weapon Style, and Dual Wielding).

EDIT:
    3) In the description for Myrkul in the first paragraph last sentence, alliance is a1liance.

Post edited by Necromanx2 on
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited June 2018
    Thanks, @Necromanx2 !

1) Not an issue. This is a FnP thing, but I'll take the liberty to explain.

Some spells are treated as universal spells. Holy/Unholy Word are two of them. All priests get access to these spells no matter what their spheres selection is.

Worst case scenario it is a mismatch between the sphere mechanics and the spell description. I'll tag
    @subtledoctor and @Grammarsalad so they can notice this and decide if they'll do something about it.

2) My mistake, fixed on Github. I'm in a hurry, so I'll ask you to download it directly from there.

3) Thanks for noticing, those reports are very important as a text mistake is the easiest thing to miss alpha-testing. Fixed on Github.

I'm keeping the 1.8.4 version, but everything you reported is fixed and uploaded to Github.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Raduziel said:

Thanks, @Necromanx2 !

1) Not an issue. This is a FnP thing, but I'll take the liberty to explain.

Some spells are treated as universal spells. Holy/Unholy Word are two of them. All priests get access to these spells no matter what are their spheres selection is.

Worst case scenario it is a mismatch between the sphere mechanics and the spell description. I'll tag
    @subtledoctor and @Grammarsalad so they can notice this and decide if they'll do something about it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be in the combat sphere (though, I they are universals-- we should probably alignment restrict them, though I'm reluctant to do that because right now I think unholy word is pretty terrible)
    @Raduziel, I tried the Ice Blade ability on the Icevassel of Auril and I get a penalty for not having the proficiency (base THAC0 of 6 and main hand of 9 with shield in other hand). Are ability items suppose to impose proficiency penalties?
    edited June 2018
    @Necromanx2 My bad, fixed on Github.

You can extract the attached file inside DeitiesOfFaerun/Itm/Iceblad. You'll need to reinstall the Auril component due to string shenanigans.

Again, sorry about that. I'm in a worry so let me know if it works.

Thanks for reporting.

Number 1.8.4 sustained.
    @Raduziel, I tried a priest of Bhaal in BGEE and notice at 1st level I have the Bone Dagger spell in my quick cast. It is not in my spellbook or in the special abilities. The description says it should be a special ability at level 2. Once I level up to 2nd level, it is gone from the quick spell and moves to special abilities.

@Raduziel, I tried a priest of Bhaal in BGEE and notice at 1st level I have the Bone Dagger spell in my quick cast. It is not in my spellbook or in the special abilities. The description says it should be a special ability at level 2. Once I level up to 2nd level, it is gone from the quick spell and moves to special abilities.

Never heard of this issue in any mod. I'll try to reproduce it later, but I doubt I'll be able to do so - just checked the code and it is ok.

Probably an interaction with other mod.

Bhaal was not tested in BG(2)EE because it was not supposed to be played there.

Anyway, I'll let you know about the results. If by level 2 it goes to the special abilities menu then worst case scenario it is not a gamebreaking bug and can be tolerated.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited July 2018
    It's first ability header likely has it's minimum level set to "2" instead of "1", or the location on the first ability header is set to "Spell(2)" instead of "Ability(4)".
    @Necromanx2

The error was with the 2da files, indeed (I've checked it earlier while doing baby-chores and I've misinterpreted the file). The fix is updated in Github and you'll need to reinstall the component. Sorry and thanks for reporting!

@kjeron

The minimum level is set to "2" intentionally. The problem is that I've put it wrong on the Level 1 column.

---

I'm keeping the 1.8.4 version. The new version (1.8.5) is about to come and I'll list all these fixes in its release post.
    Version 1.8.5 is up and it contains:

A new kit! The Doombringer of Hoar joins the family!

Several bug fixes:

- Fixed CLAB file for the Deathstalker of Bhaal

- The Frost Sword (from Auril) now won't apply a proficiency penalty

- The Malagent of Talon now can have pips on Sword and Shield style

- Better writing (typos, a little grammar, more consistency between the spells' descriptions, and a full revision of the spells' description and their in-game effects.)

The Doombringer of Hoar was half-done, so I just finished it up. I'll focus on a project inside DoF (powered by @kjeron ) before releasing any more kits. Stay tuned!

I want to thank @Gwendolyne who gave me a hand with Hoar's special ability Hand of Hoar.

If you have a talent with BAM files, get in touch. I want to make a full revision to give some consistency to the colors I'm using so they can match between each other and, more important, with the game's colors.

Cheers!
    edited July 2018
    I've temporarily removed the link to the mod due to some heavy changes that it is passing by.

What I can say for now is that version 1.8.6 will contain:

* A huge change... more details when it is done!

* Some new NPC kits: Quayle (BG2 version by @LavaDelVortel ); Branwen and Tiax (BG2 version by @kulyok ).

* Probably two new kits: Shaundakul and Valkur.

Wait for it... :)
  • VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2018
    Just checking, but is this mod compatible with v2.5? I was using it like charm with my Cleric of Mystra in v2.3 and after a fresh reinstall (because of reasons) and update to v2.5, when I installed this mod I got this error:

Everything except for the kits themselves was installed correctly.

Not sure if it's the new patch or there is another conflicting mod messing with this one. Though I did uninstall the 'divine remix' mod. DoF still wouldn't work and I don't have any other mod that introduces new kits for clerics, my heart belongs to DoF.

edited July 2018
    @Vanhardisk

The mod is compatible with 2.5 and don't need any other mods to work.

Can you please provide the Setup-DeitiesofFaerun.Debug file as well as your Weidu log?

Thanks.
    edited July 2018
    @Raduziel hehe just put the .debug file right after your answer :v

Also I installed DoF after literally everything, was the last mod of the last mod I installed as per instructions.
    Post edited by Vanhardisk on
    edited July 2018
    @Raduziel, playing the Doomguide of Hoar in BGEE. I get to 7th level and acquire the Hand of Hoar ability. I use it and get the revenant. It acts like a normal summons and cannot leave the map it is created on. Is it suppose to be able to follow me anywhere like a familiar?
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on

@Raduziel, playing the Doomguide of Hoar in BGEE. I get to 7th level and acquire the Hand of Hoar ability. I use it and get the revenant. It acts like a normal summons and cannot leave the map it is created on. Is it suppose to be able to follow me anywhere like familiar?

No, the revenant behavior is intended. This is a way to prevent an army of revenants.

I'll see if I can make a better coding for this, but it will be treated as a feature, not a bug.
    There is a way to limit them. Argent77 does it for his golem mod where 3 golems is the max you can make.
    edited July 2018
    @Vanhardisk I think I found the error.

The bad news is: it is not on DoF per se

The good news is: it is not on DoF per se.
    [DeitiesOfFaerun\Lib\Multiclass/QD_MC_AP.eff] loaded, 272 bytes
    Copied [DeitiesOfFaerun\Lib\Multiclass/QD_MC_AP.eff] to [override/RASHARF#.eff]
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    [override/QD_MCP01.spl] loaded, 154 bytes
    ERROR: cannot convert kit_code or %kit_code% to an integer
    ERROR: [override/QD_MCP01.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    Stopping installation because of error.
    ERROR: [RASharCM.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

ERROR Installing [Install kit: Nightcloak of Shar], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/5/OTHER.5]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/5/OTHER.5")
    [DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/5/UNSETSTR.5] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    This kind of error appears several times during the log, always related to the multiclass.

I'll try to look after a solution on the QDMultiClass thread, in the meantime, I want to clarify one thing:

As far as I remember, I never instructed that DoF needs to be installed after everything. I gave a list of types and examples of mods that should come before, but definitely anything related to tweaks and SCS should come after (as they usually do).

* Deities of Faerûn should be installed after any mod that adds or alters items in the game.

* Deities of Faerûn should be installed after any mod that adds or alters spells in the game.

Definitely, DoF and Divine Remix will misbehave, as I state on the Readme.

* Deities of Faerûn is not compatible with any mods that alter the Cleric and will break any kit added by other mods

Can you please try the following order:

Clean Install -> IWDification -> Spells Revision -> NPCs -> DoF.

Thanks, I'll try to come back with a more technical answer.

Edit: Can you please also give me your Weidu.log? It will be necessary to try to pinpoint which mod is chocking DoF. Thanks.
    @Necromanx2 I'll try to contact @argent77 to see if he can teach me how to do this. All I know at the moment is that I don't know how to do it.
    edited July 2018
    @Raduziel Hi again, some news:

Can you please try the following order:

Clean Install (✔ check) -> IWDification (✔ check) -> Spells Revision (✔ check) -> NPCs (✔ have a bunch now) -> DoF (✘ still getting errors).

I'm curious to know why:
    ERROR: [override/QD_MCP01.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    Is not found: I manually looked for the file and it's there in the override folder... or is it the copy? which copy? just being randomly curious.

Edit: Can you please also give me your Weidu.log? It will be necessary to try to pinpoint which mod is chocking DoF. Thanks.

Here you go:
    @Vanhardisk To be plain honest I don't have the faintest idea of what's going on, then. I'll need some time to unfold this one and I'll have to ask people smarter than me.

Sorry about that, I'll let you know as soon as I have a solution.
    @Vanhardisk, I have run into this myself. Are you completely deleting the DoF folder from the install directory before putting the new version there? If you just overwrite, I have seen that it saves modded files in the folder and gives me your error as changes in the new version conflict. When I completely delete the folder then put the newest DoF in again, it works for me.

Just something to try to see if we get lucky.
    edited July 2018
    Damn, I wish I have thought that.

@Vanhardisk be my guess and try this one, please.

Thanks and good job, @Necromanx2
    @Necromanx2 Well since I did a fresh install, installing the latest version for the first time wouldn't have to be a problem, however I did unintall-delete-install all over with them same results.

Funny thing is, the mod works fine in BGEE and Sod, but can't seem to be able to install it in EET. That's the problem.
    @Vanhardisk Ok, I'm still working on it.
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    edited July 2018
    Raduziel - do you recommend installing this mod dead last? At least after all of the other kit mods including "Tome and Blood" and "Might and Guile"?

Reason I'm asking is, Might and Guile alters the Barbarian/Berserker rage to make it more mainstream (which I like), and I'm not sure if any of your kits utilize this rage feature.
    @UOLegacy

Not as dead last. Can be added after other kits' mods but it will break any other cleric kit (except for I Hate Undead's Spirit Redeemer).

IDK how @subtledoctor handles the Rage in those mods you mentioned. If he overwrites the file, DoF will read the newest version. If it adds a completely new file and directs Barbarians and Beserkers to it, DoF will keep reading the vanilla's Rage.
  • Radamanth77Radamanth77 Member Posts: 16
    - ERROR: [override/QD_MCP01.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Ok, i think i found this issue and wanted to share my infos about.
    First of all thanks to Raduziel for the awesome work on an awesome mod.

The problem comes out after an installation of EET on a 2.5 patched game. If you check the KITLIST in your override directory, you would notice that the GRIZZLY_BEAR kit got an extra 0x00004027 column.
    Extra becouse the previous one is 0x00004027 aswell.
    Just delete the last "extra" column and restart the installation of the mod. Everything will go fine then.
    I think the problem is in the patch itself BTW.

Hope to help, I m testing loads of EET installations around this mod and I will share any finding.
    edited July 2018
    @Radamanth77 I love you.

@Vanhardisk try this, please.
    Thanks to @kjeron the issue is solved at last and the fix will be available on DoF's return (that should happen next weekend).

In the meantime, drop the content of this .zip inside DeitiesofFaerun/Lib/Multiclass (overwrite the current file).