Skip to content

BGEE Mod Compatibility Thread

Comments

• lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    edited December 2012
    Parys said:

@CamDawg
    As far as for me I have to say that does not work for my bgee instalation (I have not any other mods installed)
    You should test the avatar morphin script. It's a great addition for every bg playthrough :)

Confirmed, which is odd -- I'm sure it was working in the original release of BG:EE.

EDIT: This was me making a mistake; my apologies.
    Post edited by lDanielHolm on
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830

Parys said:

@CamDawg
    As far as for me I have to say that does not work for my bgee instalation (I have not any other mods installed)
    You should test the avatar morphin script. It's a great addition for every bg playthrough :)

Confirmed, which is odd -- I'm sure it was working in the original release of BG:EE.
    I can confirm that avatar script doesnt work (or maybe i'm doing something wrong). I only have free (nonamed) 2 scripts - "INNY (default)" and "INNY (OHFIGHER1)". Is it any of this two?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Parys @CamDawg The avatar morphing script seems to work just fine here. Haven't tested all options on all characters, but just turned Dorn into several different races and classes. His skin coplour remains green obviously and the result depends on what armour he's wearing, but it does work.
  • LanatirLanatir Member Posts: 33
    The Weidu workaround doesnt work for quite a few people cause they cant get NI to work correctly due to Windows 7. So unless the workaround gets...changed or Weidu will be updated we wont ever see any real working BG EE mod
  • smallersmaller Member Posts: 22
    Lanatir said:

The Weidu workaround doesnt work for quite a few people cause they cant get NI to work correctly due to Windows 7. So unless the workaround gets...changed or Weidu will be updated we wont ever see any real working BG EE mod

Following the instructions in the mod installation thread carefully works just fine for Win7. I didn't have any problems. (Misread what I was doing for the NI step, but if one pays attention, it isn't difficult at all.)
    smaller said:

Lanatir said:

Following the instructions in the mod installation thread carefully works just fine for Win7. I didn't have any problems. (Misread what I was doing for the NI step, but if one pays attention, it isn't difficult at all.)
    There is a Bug in some versions of Win 7 that automatically sets every newly created Folder to read only. This causes NI to be unable to extract files to the override folder from the tutorial.bif. Nothing can fix this. The bug is persistent and there is no working fix.
    Lanatir said:

smaller said:

Lanatir said:

There is a Bug in some versions of Win 7 that automatically sets every newly created Folder to read only. This causes NI to be unable to extract files to the override folder from the tutorial.bif. Nothing can fix this. The bug is persistent and there is no working fix.
    ....wow. My apologies. I just took a look at the article about that.

Bummer. :(

smaller said:

Lanatir said:

smaller said:

Lanatir said:

No need to apologize. You didnt cause the bug. Just wanted to remind the modding masterminds that there is a small group of people with no choice but waiting for Weidu.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Other content from BG Tweaks works fine (like selling staves f. i), only script seems not.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    The avatar morphing script filenames are something like IKMorph or 0IKMorph. I'll check it out when I get a moment.
    Lanatir said:

smaller said:

Lanatir said:

smaller said:

Lanatir said:

No need to apologize. You didnt cause the bug. Just wanted to remind the modding masterminds that there is a small group of people with no choice but waiting for Weidu.
    Yeah, but I was kind of snooty about the issue because I didn't know what you meant. So, sorry about that.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Lanatir said:

Which, might take a while... :/
    Shin said:

@Parys @CamDawg The avatar morphing script seems to work just fine here. Haven't tested all options on all characters, but just turned Dorn into several different races and classes. His skin coplour remains green obviously and the result depends on what armour he's wearing, but it does work.

D'oh! Disregard my confirmation, please. I goofed.
  • Silent_MarkSilent_Mark Member Posts: 3
    In this thread http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10462/fewer-enemies-in-bgee-submitted-for-review/ people were complaining about small number of spawns in BGEE. That's why i was playing around with BGSpawn 1.12 and tried to make it compatible with BG:EE. Some first results you can check here:

http://sdrv.ms/TN4jJm

And here is some more details:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/177161/#Comment_177161

I made few smoke tests and as far as I can see, it works with exception of few missing cre files or mobs names. Again, I hope melkor_morgoth75 won't mind about those changes and i will try to contact with him this weekend and with his permissions, maybe i will be able to work on it some more.
  • WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2012
    @Lanatir
    I am curious about the Win 7 bug and NI's problem with it. Does it not work because you cannot create an override folder without the flag set? If that is the case, what if you obtained an empty override folder that had no attributes set from someone else. Would the flag be set on your copy? If not, perhaps NI would then extract properly.

Just trying to think of a possible work around for you. :)
    Post edited by WabbitTwaks on
    Honestly I've just been replaying modded BG2 while I wait for all the mods to work for BGEE. I chose wisely. :D
    @WabbitTwaks
    The step where it stops working is when NI needs to extract files to the override folder. So i think what WOULD work is if i would get a zipfile with an override folder where those files are already created into. Dunno. Just copying an empty override folder will automatically place the read only flag on it.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    I have Win7 and had a lot of trouble with the 'read only' issue myself. I've noticed however that it seems to only apply to folder created under \program files or \program files(x86). If you create your game folder somewhere else, like C:\ or maybe C:\games\ you should bypass this problem. Due to the system registry, moving an installed game to a new directory will cause its own problems. Only a game installed to that directory to begin with worked for me.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    I've not been able to replicate any bug reports with the Avatar Morphing Script. Installed fine and worked fine in game with a number of different morphs. Did you guys install a game update after installing the component?

OTOH, 2H items and shapeshifter rebalancing are not working, but the more I work on this I'm convinced it's a BGEE bug. Any item created with the create inventory item opcode (122) (such as the 2H bastard swords or shapeshifter paw) gets an expiry set, regardless of the timing mode--BG2 actually respects the timing mode and doesn't have this problem. Ultimately the paw or 2H weapon simply disappears.

I have Win7 and had a lot of trouble with the 'read only' issue myself. I've noticed however that it seems to only apply to folder created under \program files or \program files(x86). If you create your game folder somewhere else, like C:\ or maybe C:\games\ you should bypass this problem. Due to the system registry, moving an installed game to a new directory will cause its own problems. Only a game installed to that directory to begin with worked for me.

nope, that does not work either. i have that problem on any drive, in any folder i create. i am even considering to reinstall my OS now.
  • MorvianMorvian Member Posts: 24
    I am trying to get the NPC Project to install because I'm not patient. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. I followed all the instructions, is there another file that needs extracted or something? Here's the debug:

(Sorry in advance if I don't do the spoiler tag correctly)

*Spoiler*
    WeiDU v 23100 Log

C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\setup-bg1npc.exe
    [./chitin.key] loaded, 487663 bytes
    [./chitin.key] 194 BIFFs, 34421 resources
    [dialog.tlk] loaded, 4490281 bytes
    [dialog.tlk] 31852 string entries
    [C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\setup-bg1npc.exe] Using scripting style "BG1"
    [dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.
    [dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.
    WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory")

Choose your language:
    0 [English]
    1 [Espanol (traducido por Clan DLAN)]
    2 [Francais (traduit par les d'Oghmatiques)]
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [bg1npc/tra/english/setup.tra] has 122 translation strings

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o

Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Portrait Changes and Additions]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Romances]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Tweaks]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Install Component [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
    Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications] [v20]
    FAILURE:
    This mod should be installed in your BG2, Tutu, EasyTutu, or BGT folder, after Tutu/BGT conversion.
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/OTHER.0")
    [bg1npc/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 0 files for [BG1NPC.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 0 files for [BG1NPC.TP2] component 0.
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/25DEFLT.BIF]
    [./DATA/25DEFLT.BIF] 2825568 bytes, 160 files, 0 tilesets
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0")
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
    ERROR: Failure("This mod should be installed in your BG2, Tutu, EasyTutu, or BGT folder, after Tutu/BGT conversion.")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG to The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [bg1npc/tra/english/setup.tra] has 122 translation strings

Install Component [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Saving This Log:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications

WeiDU Timings
    adding translation strings 0.000
    FAIL 0.000
    OUTER_INNER_PATCH 0.000
    READ_* 0.000
    load TLK 0.000
    DEFINE_PATCH_MACRO 0.000
    DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO 0.000
    OUTER_INNER_PATCH_SAVE 0.000
    parsing .tra files 0.000
    OUTER_SET 0.000
    INCLUDE 0.000
    DEFINE_ACTION_FUNCTION 0.000
    DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION 0.000
    eval_pe 0.000
    ACTION_IF 0.015
    tp2 uninstall 0.016
    process_patch2 0.016
    loading files 0.047
    unmarshal TLK 0.047
    unmarshal BIFF 0.062
    unmarshal KEY 0.062
    Parsing TPA files 0.062
    Parsing TP2 files 0.078
    stuff not covered elsewhere 100.574
    TOTAL 100.979
    *Spoiler*
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Morvian It just isn't compatible at the moment, and I don't think there's any quick fix to work around it. The NPC Project alters a whole lot of files that are different depending on if you have a BGT or a Tutu setup. It doesn't recognize the EE.
  • MorvianMorvian Member Posts: 24
    Ah I see. Well crap. The BG1 campaign is just so boring without all the NPC interactions from that mod. But I already uninstalled my modded GOG version :\ Now I suppose I'll have to wait.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Out of a mix between impatience and utter boredom, I tried the current Divine Remix build on BG:EE - with mixed results.

I needed to export a couple of BG II's .CRE and .DLG files into BG:EE's override folder via Near Infinity to be able to 'smoothly' install Divine Remix. Haven't noticed a single problem with the updated dialogue file. But then I hit a dead end: when I tried to create a Cleric or Druid ingame, no spells show up in the spellbook to choose... making the character creation impossible to complete.

*sob* It's painful to be without my dear Oozemaster druid kit... :'(
  • EsviEsvi Member Posts: 26
    Is there any change Level One NPCs be updated to be compatible with EE?
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @CamDawg
    It does works now!
    Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon): v10 does not properly shows a paperdolls while wearing Girdle of Femininity/Masculinity.
    To make this issue more specific: If you worn GoF/M then your character's paperdoll will change to opposite gender appearance. But if try swap your armour or helmet, the paperdoll returns to its previous apperance.
  • ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    still waiting for atweaks , somethink about that ? , i find de rr beta but not atweaks. It keeps saying "no tob instaled"
  • RagingOrcRagingOrc Member Posts: 63
    Is there a mod which stops evil party members from leaving if rep goes to high? I like getting my rep up for cheaper prices/ like running a mixed party due to colourful characters being on each side. A.k.a Coran, Edwin, Tiax, Minsc, Shar-teel etc etc
    @RagingOrc: BG2 Tweaks has the "Happy Patch", with several different options. (It's linked in the OP of this thread.)
  • RagingOrcRagingOrc Member Posts: 63
    Thanks IDanielHolm :)