Skip to content

BGEE Mod Compatibility Thread

Comments

• Kreatur3Kreatur3 Member Posts: 4

Is it possible to use ShadowKeeper to modify your party? Would be nice to fix Jaheira's skills.

This thread is probably where you want to go. :)

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8165/savegame-or-character-editor-compatibility-shadowkeeper-instructions-in-3rd-post#latest
  • CalibrationsCalibrations Member Posts: 13
    Still not seeing how this will work for my party. I can only get it to work with just CHARNAME.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297

Still not seeing how this will work for my party. I can only get it to work with just CHARNAME.

Can't you scroll to the companions in SK (under the portrait), are your companion edits not saved, or is there another issue?

• junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    @Calibrations
    there is a slider under the portrait picture in shadow keeper, u can use it to change your party member.
    if you haven't meet the npc, and want to change the their starting stats.
    use CRE, file name should be npc name + number...
    eg. JAHEIR, JAHEIR2, JAHEIR4, JAHEIR6...
    the number represents CHARNAME's level when you meet them for the first time.
    (so they have better gear, level...)
  • CalibrationsCalibrations Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2012
    I'm fairly familiar with SK but it's just not allowing me to change to party members. The slider is there but it's only for Charname. When I go to "Open Saved Game" nothing is there, I can only open the save that I exported, which is why it's just my created NPC and not the party.

Truth is, I'm only trying to modify Jaheira's stats. Remove 1 point from Quarterstaff and put that into something different.

edit: figured it out. totally overlooked the fact you need to manually save a game before using SK. thanks for the help!
  • DemonNeclordDemonNeclord Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Has anyone got the Virtue mod to work at all? That's really the only one I need for now. I can't get it to work.. says that ToB isn't installed.
    Post edited by DemonNeclord on
  • ServiusTheBearServiusTheBear Member Posts: 24
    Is there any easy way to mod yet! I hate all the faffy about just to mod.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Sorry everyone, a very busy RL weekend + bronchitis makes for a lot of catching up to do. I'll go through today and try to update and answer as best I can.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    @ServiusTheBear 6 days after release, I am gonna go with no. For now people are updating existing mods to work with BGEE. It depends on your prior knowledge of working with and modding the BG series.
    Edgedy said:

Anyone tech savvy with using mklink and Windows? I want to make a batch file which will make a link to the original files, my save directory for characters and run gatekeeper after it's linked the folders so I can just batch file it and gogogo Gatekeeper.

It'd be like
    mklink /J "%userprofile%"\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\" "C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766"

mklink /J C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766\lang\en_US

I may play around with it and see if I can do the work myself, but couldn't hurt for someone else to help me out.

I couldn't get it to work with the /J switch, but /D did work, but only with admin privileges. Here's what I used from the command line for the save folder:
    mklink /D save "%userprofile%\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save"
    One important note--the save folder is not created until yoou actually save a game, so you can't do this straight out of the box. You'll need to make the target folders first before making the links, or playing the game and making some save games.
    Shin said:

@CamDawg Can also confirm that the BG Mini Quests and Encounters mod seems compatible with the EE. It installs without issues and all quests so far seem to work as they should. Have not tried all of them yet, will post if anything seems to be off later in the game.

Edit: The patch messed this up, but having tested it on a fresh and patched install now, it does appear to work.

I haven't tested SpellPack with BG:EE yet, so I can neither confirm nor deny it's compatible.

I've minimized the amount of assumptions in the game though, so if I had to bet, then I would do so on the "yes" side over the "no" side.

Thanks, I'll update the OP.
    Etamin said:

Any news about BG1 Unfinished Business v14? Much work left?

I'm working with jastey on v14.

Thanks for the feedback and bug reports for BG2 Tweaks on BGEE--I'll start working on a new version to get these addressed.

• aesnewbgaesnewbg Member Posts: 3
    How about the BG1 NPC project, any news on that?
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    Is it known why Avatar Morphing Script from BG2 Tweakv10 doesn't work? Or just me?
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    @CamDawg: /h switch also works, at least it worked perfectly for me.

any info on the "Alter Weapon Proficiency System/BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies" component of the tweak pack? though it's sorta "fakeable" with shadowkeeper, it would be awesome if you guys could get it working with BGEE :)

thank for all you hard work! :)
    Yeah, I'm working on it. Fortunately some of the bugs are cosmetic (i.e. why the profs aren't listed correctly).
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited December 2012
    What happened with polish translation of Baldur's Gate Mini Quests & Encounters? In mod description it's mentioned, but you can't choose it while instalation.
    Ok, now i see only Slime quest was translated. So how to instal at least this one in polish?
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    The NWN-style HP is bugged right now, gave my PC a 7 on d10+2 HD on the start of every game.
  • ServiusTheBearServiusTheBear Member Posts: 24
    IchigoRXC said:

@ServiusTheBear 6 days after release, I am gonna go with no. For now people are updating existing mods to work with BGEE. It depends on your prior knowledge of working with and modding the BG series.

I knowledge on modding BG is zip. To fiddely. Am used to the mod manager stuff like on Skyrim and Fallout NV.
  • SrenSren Member Posts: 24
    Do we have NPC project up yet? I'm waiting to play with that because what drew me in was the characters in BG2 plus I want my Xan romance! :)
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    Sren said:

Do we have NPC project up yet? I'm waiting to play with that because what drew me in was the characters in BG2 plus I want my Xan romance! :)

No. It is in the works, but not currently ready.
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    Has anyone been able to confirm yet whether or not Overhaul's update process breaks mods?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Well-said, @ermo. I think the wiser course of action at the moment is to wait until the game "stabilizes" (by which I mean the stream of patches and post-ship features slows to a trickle) - that way, even if further updates disrupt installed mods, at the very least players can enjoy a version of the game that incorporates the more popular additions (ie: UB, BG1NPC, SCS).
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    @ermo: I'm not even sure that qualifies as tangential any more... you've made some good points, but seem to have missed what I was referring to.

Because of the way the BGEE updater displays information, it seems as though before updating game content it verifies that content, which is why some of us were concerned the client might delete or randomly or overwrite mod files.

With the latest update I can now verify that's not the case. The updater has no effect on the installation directory whatsoever, and all previously-installed mod content will remain where it is. Perhaps my wording was a bit poor (re: break). The issue I was trying to face had less to do with Beamdog "fixing" things over mods and more to do with the structure of the updater and its potential to damage modding accessibility.
  • thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    I am new to modding BG1, and I read about a mod called Virtue that lets you kill NPC's and lose Virtue(what your party and others think of you) instead of Reputation. Then you can still get store discounts with high reputation.

Is this made compatible yet with BG:EE? Seems like one of the best mods for playing an evil party.
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    @thedemoninside
    no the mod is not BGEE compatible...but you can try bg2 tweak.
    it has an option which allows low reputation having discounts like high reputation.
  • thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    Thanks for the info. I'll check it out
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Arsene_Lupin Nah, I just updated my release build and all my modding work is still in tact. Seems very modding friendly so far. I would also encourage anyone with a mod or extra stuff in their install folder to back it up before applying any updates. Then if something does remove content or changes are made to the override, you can simply copy your mods back in and rerun your installs post-patch.

We are in a unique situation here as there are already mods for this game even though they are not fully compatible yet. When BG1 came out, everyone was waiting for the patches... but there was never any talk of mods... as none existed. Let's just let the dust settle... mods are coming. The game needs to be fully patched and functional for everyone before mods can know what they need to do to run properly on it for everyone.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    By the way, new Weidu was supposed to come out yesterday? Anyone know something regarding the subject?
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Yes, apparently the person doing it needs to get 'in the mood'. So we wait.
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    Cuv said:

Yes, apparently the person doing it needs to get 'in the mood'. So we wait.

I know how he feels, I get loads of work done very quickly when I'm in the mood but I find it really difficult to struggle through when I'm not

This can get really tricky when I have looming deadlines