Skip to content

BGEE Mod Compatibility Thread

Comments

• SrenSren Member Posts: 24
    What mod is it with the Sniper kit and is that in the works toward compatibility as well?
  • smallersmaller Member Posts: 22
    @CamDawg, any chance of the BG2 TweakPack being updated to address race/gender restrictions for the new romancable NPCs? At the moment (as you certainly know), that component isn't compatible with BG:EE. :(
  • paladin235paladin235 Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2012
    Kerthal said:

How do I get shadowkeeper to open BGEE files if I already have BG2 installed? It basically defaults to only opening the SOA saves.

When you open ShadowKeeper, go to the Settings and then change the Installation Directory by replacing it with the correct path for BGEE.

Woohoo!!! Thanks!! :-)

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    junk11 said:

@CamDawg
    you might want to add Generalized Biffing as well
    not a bad mod/tool for better performance after adding lots mods
    and it seems to work already

At this point, I'd stay away from generalized biffing as a) there's probably not enough mods to clutter your override to make it worth it and b) the official patches might still want to adjust the original bifs, which might interact poorly with it.

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @CamDawg How do you hard link the the relevant folders as mentioned above?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Let me get home and play around with it first. I don't want to guess and end up breaking someone's install until I can see if it works.
  • SehagaSehaga Member Posts: 5
    I've tried playing around with the mklink /J, but I still haven't figured out what the correct commands are. I hope someone can post the exact commands that need to be used in dos so I can link the save folder to the BGEE folder.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    From your 00766 directory: mklink /J "save" "C:\user\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save"
  • GuarocuyaGuarocuya Member Posts: 26
    smaller said:

@CamDawg, any chance of the BG2 TweakPack being updated to address race/gender restrictions for the new romancable NPCs? At the moment (as you certainly know), that component isn't compatible with BG:EE. :(

Ditto.

• SehagaSehaga Member Posts: 5
    Shin said:

From your 00766 directory: mklink /J "save" "C:\user\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save"

Thanks! I did it from my BGEE directory and it worked. Just didn't know you had to put the "save" in brackets as well.

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited November 2012
    @CamDawg Promise you will add a Viconia romance now? I would LOVE that. NPC Project 14 will be the first time I can sweet talk Viconia before going to Amn. Maybe I'll get lucky ay?

EDIT: Sorry I misread. I thought it was you and Jastey doing the NPC Project. Well, I guess it's time to go and harass @cmorgan. xD
  • DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    Does anyone know if the ease-of-use custom script in SCS/SCS2 will work with BG:EE? It's nice when your own party acts reasonably intelligent, even if it'll be a while before the full SCS package is updated.
  • DaveRoidDaveRoid Member Posts: 26
    Aosaw said:

Someone asked if Shadowkeeper was working. At base, it doesn't. But you can get it to work like a champ if you follow these ten steps:

1) Open "...Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\"

2) Copy "baldur.ini", "characters", and "saves"

3) Open "...Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766[or whatever number it is]\"

4) Paste the three copied files and folders into this directory

5) In this same directory, open "lang\en_us\" (or whatever language you're intending to use)

6) Copy "dialog.tlk"

7) Return to the root "\00766\" directory

8) Paste the copied "dialog.tlk" file into this directory

9) Open Shadowkeeper, and set the installation directory to the "\00766\" folder. (The program will yell at you because it's not BG2, but that's fine).

10) Restart Shadowkeeper.
    Everything should work just dandy, although the displayed portraits will be enormous because of the new portrait dimensions. Enjoy!

(Credit goes to @Cuv for doing all the legwork)

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!
    I spent 4 hours trying to get the items and spells loaded up on shadowkeeper. kept losing the black guard spells when I brought him over.

• StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    edited November 2012
    Is there a mod out there that re-enables dialogue with charmed enemies?
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    The only mod I want is the BG1 NPC Project. To me, the vanilla BG:EE with this mod would create the perfect game.
    Stradlin said:

That's not in? Strange, it's featured in ToBEx.. considering it's been a well known and long since fixed discrepancy between BG and BG2 and considering Ascension64's involvement in the EE and integration of other ToBEx components, it seems surprising that this wasn't included.
  • AndrasteAndraste Member Posts: 78
    joshykins said:

The only mod I want is the BG1 NPC Project. To me, the vanilla BG:EE with this mod would create the perfect game.

Agreed. I'm glad it's being worked on, even though it may take a while.

I'm hoping that some day there's even an expanded version with banters between the new party members and the old. It's going to be really weird when I can play with the NPC project and everyone shuns Rasaad, Neera and Dorn.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Andraste: Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the new NPCs already have scripted exchanges with existing party members?
  • AndrasteAndraste Member Posts: 78
    They do? I haven't come across that yet!
  • AlparonAlparon Member Posts: 58

Kerthal said:

How do I get shadowkeeper to open BGEE files if I already have BG2 installed? It basically defaults to only opening the SOA saves.

When you open ShadowKeeper, go to the Settings and then change the Installation Directory by replacing it with the correct path for BGEE.

Woohoo!!! Thanks!! :-)

That didn't work for me. Such a disgrace...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Andraste They do... I already had some such as Minsc talking to Neera...
    Shin said:

Stradlin said:

That's not in? Strange, it's featured in ToBEx.. considering it's been a well known and long since fixed discrepancy between BG and BG2 and considering Ascension64's involvement in the EE and integration of other ToBEx components, it seems surprising that this wasn't included.
    I can't be too sure. I haven't played enough of BGEE yet to have relevant 1st hand experience. I have this..faded memory of being able to charm+talk to those 2 quite useless Candlekeep assasains at the very beginning. At least in BGEE they go " NPC has nothing to say to you" I made a thread asking about this and people told me charmed NPCs don't seem to do any talking. But yeah, no 1st hand experience. If someone could clarify this to one way or another I'd appreciate. Being able to speak to (some of the) charmed NPCs is a big deal for me(for some odd reason:p)

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Stradlin Did you just left click on them... or right click. They should have something to say and so should all charmed creatures. Try right-click.
    @Cuv Ah no no, I mean custom made actual conversations; something specificially written for small number of different NPCs and available only if you ignite conversation with them while they are charmed. If I right click the charmed Candlekeep assassin it just repeats the default sound bit they do when attacking. ( Crush your face I will, make you dead and done)
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Stradlin Ah okay, sounds like it is working then. Many of the CRE files have changed and they may not still have the same 'soundsets' associated. Not much can be done with that atm. What you are asking for is more a modding thing than a simple game-unlock tweak. Worry not... eventually me and the other modders will post this information. Will likely be in a new thread.
    It's not a modding thing @Cuv, this was a feature in vanilla BG, and works properly in BGT with ToBEx. For example there's an encounter in Beregost with a woman in a house who asks you to leave before her husband gets home. If you charm her and talk to her again she'll say she wishes she could run away with you and gives you a ring to remember her by. A bit of a shame if such things have been lost in translation, as it were.
  • cormaegcormaeg Member Posts: 3
    @DaveRoid I followed your 10 steps and ShadowKeeper seemed to be working properly, but the game doesn't recognize the changes. Is there anything else I'm missing?
  • cormaegcormaeg Member Posts: 3
    NVM, I found what I had missed-thanks!
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for updating BG Tweaks, do I simply install it to the BGEE directory? I want my Mage paperdoll on multi / dual classes wizards back.

I tried installing BG Tweaks v10 to my BGEE folder, but it says 'Unable to find Chitin.key'. How do I fix that?
  • kexikkexik Member Posts: 28
    Use "Link Shell Extension" to create links or junctions. It is easy to use:

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html