Skip to content

BGEE Mod Compatibility Thread

Comments

• MinscandBooMinscandBoo Member Posts: 77
    Ah, I must have missed his observation/statement back in 1998/99. The next time I grabbed him in my party was years later (because he never had a personal quest) with UB.
  • HoebaggerHoebagger Member Posts: 46
    Any idea about Unfinished Business?
    Debaser
  • tashurtashur Member Posts: 2
    I'm not super concerned about mods in BG1, but for me, Tactics and Ascension though are absolute must-have mods, and if they are incompatible and not updated I will consider it an act of war by Canada. ;)

If you guys can figure out a way to allow mods to the iPad, even if it requires a special packaging tool by the mod-makers (thinking of a Weidu-for-the-iPad sort of thing), I will love you forever.
    Debaser
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Good news on Item and Spell Revisions (mostly good news anyway)!

And ShadowKeeper works fine I think I read somewhere?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    CamDawg said:

SP Collection is a terrible mod, but as of v9 two minutes ago, it should work fine on BGEE.

I was just looking at that... Seems a bit too OP.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    edited November 2012
    Hoebagger said:

Any idea about Unfinished Business?

I just heard from jastey this morning about progress to v14. We've got a couple of new components to add and then we can work on getting it compatible--I don't have an ETA yet.

Also updated the OP with the reports throughout this thread. If anyone hears news on other mods, let me know and I'll do my best to keep the OP up-to-date.
    HoebaggerHaHaCharade

Since the location of saved games has moved, I don't think it will, but I guess we'll see.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2012
    CamDawg said:

Since the location of saved games has moved, I don't think it will, but I guess we'll see.
    Do you think the game would become confused and depressed if one made a backup save directory in the 'old spot' and used that as a 'transit hall' for ShadowKeeping?
    Edit: Well, I now realise that there will be other directory issues, but what about copying a save to an install of the original game, edit it, and moving it back to EE?
    Post edited by swnmcmlxi on
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    I've never used aTweaks before, but am very much looking forward to it.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I was never planning to play the EE at launch, but knowing the Tweaks, the Fixpack and UB are already being adapted is welcome news - these are mods I just couldn't play the game without. :)
    Kamigoroshi
  • Ascension64Ascension64 Member Posts: 560
    Don't use TobEx with BGEE. Full stop. It won't work at all. A large proportion of TobEx isn't in BGEE; only a portion of the fixes are.
    AndreaColombo
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited November 2012
    @Ardanis: Great news! I'll make sure to open a bottle of Champagner on the day the new Divine Remix for BG:EE goes online. :D
    Edwin
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Nice news that BG2-tweaks and SCS will be quickly available. I will wait for the WeiDu though to get updated before modding. I never play unmodded actually, but I will play BGEE at launch (if I recover from the flu) just out of curiosity. Won't be a real challenge though, I guess, till I've added SCS and Hard Times.

If Hard Times gets updated remains to be seen, maybe the mod author should be given a nudge it's really liked. But I feel too sick now to start looking up what forum he's on and what my login data is there.
    BelgarathMTH
  • smallersmaller Member Posts: 22
    @CamDawg, I love you. Thank you and all the other modders for all the hard work you've done to make one of our favorite games even more excellent.

This calls for ascii hearts: <3<3<3
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited November 2012
    @CamDawg
    Unlimited stacking components are now capped at 999, which should still be more then enough
    Why? Now I can't just assign 10000 arrows to everyone and stop worrying about it for the rest of the game.

This also means that buying 16 (max number you can buy at once) stacks of ammo with the increased stacks tweak (120 ammo per stack) will result in two quivers rather than one. Sad panda. :(

*thanks for the update though!
    Zeckul said:

@CamDawg

Unlimited stacking components are now capped at 999, which should still be more then enough
    Why? Now I can't just assign 10000 arrows to everyone and stop worrying about it for the rest of the game.

There's actually a reason why this was done.
    MoiraRetsuyamaCrevsDaak
  • LanatirLanatir Member Posts: 33
    Ok, i did install the v10 pack into my bgee directory, but it crashes cause it cant find dialog.tlk
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Hmm.. never noticed that bug, and pretty sure I've had arrow stacks over 1k.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Keep in mind that going forward we'll be patching BG:EE for both bugs and content, if everyone and their dog ends up "needing" a specific mod we'll examine it for inclusion.
    DeeMoirakilroy_was_hereaqzina
    Lanatir said:

Ok, i did install the v10 pack into my bgee directory, but it crashes cause it cant find dialog.tlk

CamDawg said:

First, in order to even get mods to install while we wait for a new version of WeiDU, follow the instructions in this thread to enable mod installation for Windows and OS X.

• LanatirLanatir Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2012
    CamDawg said:

Lanatir said:

CamDawg said:

First, in order to even get mods to install while we wait for a new version of WeiDU, follow the instructions in this thread to enable mod installation for Windows and OS X.

Ok. thank you very much for t he quick response. and the link. but since i already stopped understanding what that link tried to explain me to do i think i wait in hope that there will be a more comfortable or...direct way to install it. Seriously, i'd be too worried to fuck up my bgee installation by messing with it. Still, thanks tho.

edit: and the only thing i REALLY want from that fixpack is the levelcap remover. i hate levelcaps. passionately.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    What about shadowkeeper? How to I make shadowkeeper work? I need a bag of holding!
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    You can actually CLUAConsole a bag of holding into your inventory.
    GravityslaveCrevsDaak
    edited November 2012
    Tanthalas said:

You can actually CLUAConsole a bag of holding into your inventory.

Oh ok, I'll try figure that out. I just need it for my first solo run.

How do I install BGtweak pack to the new BGEE folders? I need unlimited stacking too.

How do I enable the console in BG:EE's new ini? Its totally different to BG1's ini.

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Anyone has any idea where to place override files? I'm trying to disable the xp cap...
    @Tanthalas 'Error file bag04 does not exist'.

What is the item code for bags of holding in BGEE?
    So does anyone know the CLUA code for bags of holding? Im getting desperate, I need one!