edited December 2012
    I sea

/monocle

Let's hope he gets in the mood :p

Good stuff will happen soon regarding mods and whatnot hopefully :]

(Yeah i know, lame "see" joke :P)
  • EbonKnightEbonKnight Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    Fantastic thread, and it's great to see that some of the most important BG mods are already compatible or being worked on, love this community!
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    It's part of BG2 Tweaks (Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices), so, yes.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    Mornmagor said:

@Moomintroll, is that anybody you know?
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @Zafiro great whisker for sure, but she's a liar! I'll never love again.
  • HaggardBlazeHaggardBlaze Member Posts: 53
    Man the only one i really cant live without is the GB1NPC, gotta have my banters back
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    I've played BG1 a half-dozen times and never even knew GB1 NPC existed until this thread. For some reason it never occurred to me to mod it (or use BGT or Tutu) so I've been playing vanilla all this time.
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166

I've played BG1 a half-dozen times and never even knew GB1 NPC existed until this thread. For some reason it never occurred to me to mod it (or use BGT or Tutu) so I've been playing vanilla all this time.

If you loved bg so much BEFORE npc project then you are gonna have a hell of a fun time with it :)

• ManwichTuesdayManwichTuesday Member Posts: 7
    Does this process need to be undone before updating the game? Could leaving all this in place prior to applying updates potentially cause conflicts?
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @Shin BGQE throws a lot of errors when it installs, did yours?
  • DumuziiDumuzii Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2012
    Does anyone know how to get portraits working in shadowkeeper?

Ive saved the portraits folder in the BGEE install directory and near as i can tell shadowkeeper works fine except when I try and change portraits of party members, i get this instead

http://i.imgur.com/8aWDk.png

Any help is appreciated

(I know you can change player character ones ingame but I'm looking to change NPC ones)

EDIT: Turns out its alot easier to just drop the L M and S BMPs into the override folder

http://portraits.chosenofmystra.net/npc_portrait_change.html
    Post edited by Dumuzii on
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @agris Only some about journal entry erasing iirc, nothing that stopped the install or has seemed to affect the content.
    @CamDawg Some more mod tests:

- The Lure of the Sirine's call - Not compatible, doesn't install.

- aTweaks - Not compatible, doesn't install.

- BG1 Unfinished Business - Installs without errors, seemingly works. Will update if I run into errors.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    @Shin let us know when you will meet some problems with BG1 UB. I'm waiting for working, bug-free version and i have heard v13 is nor compatibile with BG:EE.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Etamin said:

@Shin let us know when you will meet some problems with BG1 UB. I'm waiting for working, bug-free version and i have heard v13 is nor compatibile with BG:EE.

Yeah I can't wait for some UB!

• ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    CamDawg, could you tell me whether Avatar Morphin script component does work properly with BGEE?
  • spikeguy86spikeguy86 Member Posts: 14
    Can someone walk me through the process of installing The BG1 NPC Project to see if it works?
    Parys said:

CamDawg, could you tell me whether Avatar Morphin script component does work properly with BGEE?

I haven't tested it myself, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't.

• WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2012
    @spikeguy86
    While I understand your desire for BG1 NPC Project in BG:EE (I share it) in the OP you will see that currently it is getting updated by the mod's author. Furthermore, by reading other posts in this thread, you will see that others have attempted this and it does not work at this time. Walking you through an installation that will not work is a tad pointless.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Two questions for @CamDawg if I may:

1. Has WeiDU been updated to allow UB/Tweaks installations in BG:EE?
    2. Do game updates disrupt those mods once they're installed?
  • spikeguy86spikeguy86 Member Posts: 14
    @WabbutTwaks Thanks
  • revanbhrevanbh Member Posts: 38
    BG1UB seems to be working so far. Installs without any problems too. BG1NPC definitely doesn't. Errors appear during WeiDU installation. Just a heads up for anyone installing unconfirmed mods.
    shawne said:

1. Has WeiDU been updated to allow UB/Tweaks installations in BG:EE?

No, but there are workarounds, linked in the top of this thread. BG2 Tweaks is compatible (with the few bugs I've got listed above); @Shin reports he's gotten BG1UB to install, but being installed doesn't necessarily mean it works, so he's investigating further. Regardless I'm working with jastey on v14 of BG1 UB that will be compatible.
    shawne said:

2. Do game updates disrupt those mods once they're installed?

So far the answer appears to be yes. If you mod your game, you'll need to uninstall mods before applying game updates and them re-install them.

@Etamin @HaHaCharade Will do. So far:

The Mysterious Vial -working
    Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest -working
    Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements -working

Haven't ran into any bugs or missing content yet.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    @Shin - Awesome. The Shar-Teel and Kagain loose end tie ups in UB are must-haves.
    @Shin
    Are the journal entries working at all?
    @CamDawg So far about halfway. For the Kagain quest for instance, an entry appears under 'done quests' saying the duke's son was killed, but the entry about joining up with Kagain and looking for him isn't erased from 'quests'.
  • MrennigmaMrennigma Member Posts: 9
    Alright, while I've dabbled with modding, my skills in that realm are rusty to say the least. However, what I AM still good at is editing, proofreading, and being a sounding board. Credential wise, I did some early work with Mistress Elysia on the Fade mod for BGII. I'll cross-post this to some of my old mod-community haunts but if any modders could use my help, it would both be my privilege and honor to render it.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @CamDawg
    As far as for me I have to say that does not work for my bgee instalation (I have not any other mods installed)
    You should test the avatar morphin script. It's a great addition for every bg playthrough :)