Skip to content

BGEE Mod Compatibility Thread

Comments

• aesnewbgaesnewbg Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much for posting this, will put my mind at ease for a while.
    I'm not the only one when i say thanks for working on this.

Best of luck!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @cmorgan: Thanks for the update and for making the effort to adapt BG1NPC in the first place - I had a feeling it would be a monumental undertaking for precisely the reasons you mentioned, but it's good to know those obstacles can be overcome eventually...
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Thanks for your hard work. Hope you will make it before Christmas. I'm waiting eagerly. Will the new version include also translations (polish f.i)?
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    cmorgan said:

If someone wants to help out with a cosmetic issue, they could grab the portraits section of BG1NPC and resize all of them to the BG:EE size, and drop me a note here or at www.gibberlings3.net to let me know.

I have some meager skill with Photoshop, so if no one else has already, I can volunteer. I've never used NPC Project, so I'd need to know 1) how to acess the mod's portraits and B) the resolution of the portraits used in BGEE.

Will also shoot you a PM in case you don't see this posting.

• SecriaSecria Member Posts: 85
    Unfinished Business is the only mod I want.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited December 2012
    According to my tests the kits from Song and Silence appear to work with BG:EE. The only component which isn't compatible is the new thief shop, but that's hardly a surprise giving the lack of BG:II areas in BG:EE.

On a similar note, the Sword and Fist mod is also mostly compatible. With the exception of the Monk Remix, that is.
  • horredtheplaguehorredtheplague Member, Developer Posts: 186
    BPSeries Party AI is fully converted to WeiDu, and now contains the Detectable Stats package (slightly reworked for BGEE--missing resource bits removed). File pack available at Spellhold Studios, in the Big Picture forums for now. Feel free to use the DS conversion in your own mods, if you like.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566

...and now contains the Detectable Stats package...

I read 'Detectable Package Stats' and had to laugh out loud for a while.
    That will be all.
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    I laughed at you laughing. Didn't see it the same way as you did, but then, I wasn't looking at "the package".
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Updated the OP.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @CamDawg The link for Wisp's BGEE beta should be for RR rather than aTweaks.
    Shin said:

@CamDawg The link for Wisp's BGEE beta should be for RR rather than aTweaks.

Whoops! Fixed, thanks.

• neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    Just to give my 2cents, Divine Remix actually doesn't work, I tried to install it, but the install stop due to an error during the process. I tried to poke around in the G3 forums to see if someone was working on it but I had no luck =(
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited December 2012
    @neoesprit: Thanks to my amateurish NI skills, I know the reason as to why Divine Remix doesn't install. To share my findings I'll shamelessly repost one of my previous posts in this thread. ;)

Out of a mix between impatience and utter boredom, I tried the current Divine Remix build on BG:EE - with mixed results.

I needed to export a couple of BG II's .CRE and .DLG files into BG:EE's override folder via Near Infinity to be able to 'smoothly' install Divine Remix. Haven't noticed a single problem with the updated dialogue file. But then I hit a dead end: when I tried to create a Cleric or Druid ingame, no spells show up in the spellbook to choose... making the character creation impossible to complete.

*sob* It's painful to be without my dear Oozemaster druid kit... :'(

The sad thing is I still couldn't get the spells to work. D:
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    edited December 2012

@neoesprit: Thanks to my amateurish NI skills, I know the reason as to why Divine Remix doesn't install. To share my findings I'll shamelessly repost one of my previous posts in this thread. ;)

Out of a mix between impatience and utter boredom, I tried the current Divine Remix build on BG:EE - with mixed results.

I needed to export a couple of BG II's .CRE and .DLG files into BG:EE's override folder via Near Infinity to be able to 'smoothly' install Divine Remix. Haven't noticed a single problem with the updated dialogue file. But then I hit a dead end: when I tried to create a Cleric or Druid ingame, no spells show up in the spellbook to choose... making the character creation impossible to complete.

*sob* It's painful to be without my dear Oozemaster druid kit... :'(

The sad thing is I still couldn't get the spells to work. D:
    (Eh nevermind)
  • roachburnroachburn Member Posts: 3
    I am trying to get shadowkeeper to work with bgee but I dont have a characters folder where the save folder and balur.ini is. Does anyone else have this issue? How do I resolve this issue?
  • roachburnroachburn Member Posts: 3
    Ok I am not sure what is the issue but I followed the ten steps and try to open my saves and I can see them but when I open them I get the following error:
    "Warning! There is a record length disagreement between Baldur's Gate and the editor over character Alexandra. (BG: 2284 - editor:1636) It is recommended you DO NOT save the file as it will most likely be corrupted. Continue loading?"
    If I click yes nothing happens it just gives the same message. Any ideas? I changed the path to E:\games\Baldur's Gate\Data\00766
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    roachburn said:

I am trying to get shadowkeeper to work with bgee but I dont have a characters folder where the save folder and balur.ini is. Does anyone else have this issue? How do I resolve this issue?

You don't have a 'characters' folder because you haven't exported any characters. You can just create the folder manually, or you can export a character to let the game do it.
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    edited December 2012
    Thanks @Kamigoroshi, I didn't saw your earlier post in all the fuss... I'm not sure why the spells doesn't appear but my understanding of DR is that it changes drastically the way divine spells works (with all the spell domains), and there as to be some incompatibility with whatever Overhaul did to the game regarding spell casting...

Or it may just be that the spell list and class abilities for each Kit doesn't work loke they used to, and we'll have to figure out how the new system works to make them compatible =/

My guess is it will take some good coding skills and a lot of time to make the whole thing work again with BG:EE, and sadly, those are skills I don't have ^^

• ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    @roachburn

there is a "manual" to use shadowkeeper in bg:ee , look for it in the modding forum
  • ritsukiyoritsukiyo Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if there are any romance mods compatible with enhanced edition, for female charname x male character, or male charname x male character?
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    Not yet, @ritsukiyo. Your question would particularly concern the BG1 NPC Project at Gibberlings 3, and there were many, many modders involved in that, some of whom may even have 'retired'. My guess is that it will take some time to get that huge mod updated.
    neoesprit said:

Thanks @Kamigoroshi, I didn't saw your earlier post in all the fuss... I'm not sure why the spells doesn't appear but my understanding of DR is that it changes drastically the way divine spells works (with all the spell domains), and there as to be some incompatibility with whatever Overhaul did to the game regarding spell casting...

Or it may just be that the spell list and class abilities for each Kit doesn't work loke they used to, and we'll have to figure out how the new system works to make them compatible =/

My guess is it will take some good coding skills and a lot of time to make the whole thing work again with BG:EE, and sadly, those are skills I don't have ^^

I know in theory what is happening, I just don't know how to program and code to fix it.

See the way DR works is that all spells are divided into "sphere" groups, this is how it worked in actual AD&D. Well DR removes all spells from all divine classes, that is why the kits are not gaining spells.

Now what is supposed to happen is that each kit is supposed to receive the spells under spheres X, Y, Z. So for some reason the new EE system isn't picking them up which is pretty disappointing.

I am trying to look through the DR files to try and make scence out of it but I am literally retarded when it comes to coding so i'm not making heads or tails out of any of it T.T
    The sphere system was one of my cleverer bits of coding, if I do say myself. The broad outlines:

Alter the usability of every divine spell so that they're unusable by everyone. If they're flagged as usable by druids, for example, they automatically get added to the druid spellbook at level-up, which we needed to prevent.

Next, build bits-of-CLAB based on spheres. So, we'd build a text file for, say, the major plant sphere full of stuff like GA_SPPR105 to grans Entangle to druids/clerics with the right access. (This was also done so that this system could be extended to non-DR kits--i.e. someone else could built a new cleric kit, detect that Divine Remix was installed, and run the same step as below to set up the proper spellbook.)

Then we look at a kit's sphere access and start appending these bits-of-CLAB together into a CLAB file that contains the regular kit abilities plus a whole bunch of lines that rebuild the priest's spellbook through these GA_SPPR105 bits. In the regular BG2 engine, using this mechanism would force a spell into a priest's spellbook even though it was technically (per the file) not allowed to them.
  • bdeonovicbdeonovic Member Posts: 86
    CamDawg said:

The sphere system was one of my cleverer bits of coding, if I do say myself. The broad outlines:

Alter the usability of every divine spell so that they're unusable by everyone. If they're flagged as usable by druids, for example, they automatically get added to the druid spellbook at level-up, which we needed to prevent.

Next, build bits-of-CLAB based on spheres. So, we'd build a text file for, say, the major plant sphere full of stuff like GA_SPPR105 to grans Entangle to druids/clerics with the right access. (This was also done so that this system could be extended to non-DR kits--i.e. someone else could built a new cleric kit, detect that Divine Remix was installed, and run the same step as below to set up the proper spellbook.)

Then we look at a kit's sphere access and start appending these bits-of-CLAB together into a CLAB file that contains the regular kit abilities plus a whole bunch of lines that rebuild the priest's spellbook through these GA_SPPR105 bits. In the regular BG2 engine, using this mechanism would force a spell into a priest's spellbook even though it was technically (per the file) not allowed to them.

If I was a computer science professor (ahem Wes Weimer!) I would throw these BGEE modding/programming challenges out to the class :) It would be a very efficient way to get stuff done haha.
    CamDawg said:

Oh I will praise you, if your worried about being modest. You were brilliant!

And thank you for this...it kind of concretes a few of my assumptions about they system. :)
  • SpellswordSpellsword Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if there is a chance that lvl1 npcs mod might get worked on in the future? I haven't been able to find another mod that allows clerics etc to put proficiency points into bladed weapons.

With that said, I was also looking forward to the improved Bhaalspawn powers mod working, but sadly it does not. Does anyone by chance know of a way to increase the overall resolution of the GUI and game area as well? Is there a mod for this or a way to edit lines in notepad?
  • ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    @Spellsword, you can edit the game files of the profidences , but they work for groups of them, an changing it to the warrior or thief list could have issues with equipment that works only for clerics.