Skip to content

BGEE Mod Compatibility Thread

Comments

• So_LoWSo_LoW Member Posts: 62
    Hi there, just wanted to report that iiSpellSystemAdustment from http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/961-iispellsystemadjustments/ seems to work fine in case someone did not know ^^
  • MaloreonMaloreon Member Posts: 4
    Hello wondrous modders! I have a question about Sword Coast Stratagems: is it close to being finished. I'm a HUGE fan of this series of mods and can't really play the game without it. I've been waiting to install BG:EE for when SCS is finished - anyone have any ideas on an ETA. Also, thanks for all your hard work on these mods guys - you are my heroes (no really, you are).
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    @Maloreon SCS is included with BG:EE by default.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Maloreon @Yovaneth No it isn't. SCS is on the way. One of the authors is on the forums and has said many times it may take some time.
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    mlnevese said:

@Maloreon @Yovaneth No it isn't. SCS is on the way. One of the authors is on the forums and has said many times it may take some time.

Is SCS in BG1 the same as how it was in BG2? IN terms of making the game more difficult by increasing random encounters, and making most enemies in battles scale higher in difficulty than normal, Ai enhancements, etc etc? Also will they make hard times mod for BGEE?

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @shadow85 It should be as hard as it always was. I don't know about hard times, it really depends on the mod's author.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited December 2012
    shadow85 said:

Also will they make hard times mod for BGEE?

'They'=MacReady in this case. His answer is "I'll certainly be keeping my eye on it - it's an exciting development to have this new release, and I hope it continues to be polished by its devs."

He hasn't started working on it, nor bought BGEE yet though. I did offer him some encouragement:

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=28242

• shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128

shadow85 said:

Also will they make hard times mod for BGEE?

'They'=MacReady in this case. His answer is "I'll certainly be keeping my eye on it - it's an exciting development to have this new release, and I hope it continues to be polished by its devs."

He hasn't started working on it, nor bought BGEE yet though. I did offer him some encouragement:

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=28242

damm doesnt sound like his too interested
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    edited December 2012
    You can add to list newly adopted mod: BP Series Party AI Scripts
  • P0dbiP0dbi Member Posts: 19
    Do you know something about BG1 NPC Project? This mod is one of the greatest mods for BG1. I have heard that it's original author is working on a compatibility but his website is offline...
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    P0dbi said:

Do you know something about BG1 NPC Project? This mod is one of the greatest mods for BG1. I have heard that it's original author is working on a compatibility but his website is offline...

as stated many times in numerous posts, the Bg1 Npc project is being worked on but it will take some time (probably a few months !) before we can enjoy it through BG:EE. Just be patient it's a huge project to adapt !

• P0dbiP0dbi Member Posts: 19
    neoesprit said:

as stated many times in numerous posts, the Bg1 Npc project is being worked on but it will take some time (probably a few months !) before we can enjoy it through BG:EE. Just be patient it's a huge project to adapt !

Thanks. I am looking forward to it.

• mormor Member Posts: 16
    'override' folder exists

Infinity->Select Data/Tutorial.bif
    Ctrl+A on the left move to right ok.
    Win7 hardlink check game load, I can play.

I tried to install several mods, game crash after I create a char or just pick random to play. I tried isolation the problem so I installed:
    BG2 Tweaks - crush
    BP Series - crush.

Considering that i don't see other reports on the issue, I suppose I have an issue. any idea why?
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    So_LoW said:

Hi there, just wanted to report that iiSpellSystemAdustment from http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/961-iispellsystemadjustments/ seems to work fine in case someone did not know ^^

Yes, iiSpellSystemAdjustments works... HOWEVER, in the original Baldur's Gate, is had bugs (and I guess in BGEE will have them too)... It depends on the timing itself but still... For example, the shapeshifters, in Baldur's Gate, screw everything up and shapeshifted indefinitely... Time Stop was bugged too if I remember right... What I did was to delete every spell that messed with my game (in the original BG). In BGEE, I just cleaned the spells after I installed ii's mod...

Anyway, if you are tired (like I am) of always having to sleep to "recharge" your spells, this is one mod for you!

(P.S. it seems to work only on combat spells... Identify, for example, doesn't work properly)
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Will the updates mess up with any mod installed?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yes. Unfortunately you'll need to uninstall all mods, update, and then re-install.

And I know the OP is really out of date, so I'm trying to find a bit of time to get it updated.
  • GeestkrakerGeestkraker Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    [SNIP stuff that I regret I posted before I read through the thread! Sorry for that!]
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    My most wanted:

BG1 NPC Project (Coming Eventually, yay!)
    Level 1 NPC Mod (??? :[ )
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    CamDawg said:

Yes. Unfortunately you'll need to uninstall all mods, update, and then re-install

I was wondering that, though the only Mods I've installed are the Avatar Morphing Script and Automatic Robes/Armour Switching Component from BG2 Tweaks, to make my fighter/mage happy.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    ALIEN said:

You can add to list newly adopted mod: BP Series Party AI Scripts

BTW that link doesn't work as you write "hief" instead of "href", should be:
    BP Series Party AI Scripts

• VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    Hi everyone, I tested another mod and it works like a charm!
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/940-sword-coast-map-labels/

The mod is simple, it names almost every place (all except BG squares if I'm not mistaken). Adds them to the dialog file, to the wmp AND updates your save files too!!! Great thing from the Spellhold Studios!
  • TivaanTivaan Member Posts: 15
    Vortaka said:

So_LoW said:

Yes, iiSpellSystemAdjustments works... HOWEVER, in the original Baldur's Gate, is had bugs (and I guess in BGEE will have them too)... It depends on the timing itself but still... For example, the shapeshifters, in Baldur's Gate, screw everything up and shapeshifted indefinitely... Time Stop was bugged too if I remember right... What I did was to delete every spell that messed with my game (in the original BG). In BGEE, I just cleaned the spells after I installed ii's mod...

Anyway, if you are tired (like I am) of always having to sleep to "recharge" your spells, this is one mod for you!

(P.S. it seems to work only on combat spells... Identify, for example, doesn't work properly)
    You are right about the timing, if set to low then Timestop for example can be recast indefinitely, other than that combat spells do work and reset properly except for a few Neera spells
  • EsviEsvi Member Posts: 26
    edited January 2013
    Will SCS be compatible with the features in BG2Tweaks? Specifically the ones where joinable NPCs are included.
  • DalrykDalryk Member Posts: 35
    So I just tried to install the "Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks" mod from the Optional But Cool BG2 Fixpack, but it doesn't seem to have worked. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the installation seemed to proceed fine, but no in-game result :(
  • DalrykDalryk Member Posts: 35
    Dalryk said:

So I just tried to install the "Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks" mod from the Optional But Cool BG2 Fixpack, but it doesn't seem to have worked. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the installation seemed to proceed fine, but no in-game result :(

Actually, ignore that.

I just started a new character and it now seems to work fine. Read something else that suggested it was trait applied at character creation, so seems like it won't change existing games, but it will work for new characters going forward.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    I just tested the 3rd Edition stat rule tweaks in the BiGG Tweak Pack mod. They are working though I have not tested the other tweaks.

• FailGeekFailGeek Member Posts: 50
    @CamDawg
    The Wushi Ninja Kit from SP Collection has a minor issue regarding it's thief skills (it can't improve them). I figured that the mod doesn't affect the THIEFSKL.2da that governs how many points a thief starts with, and how many they can invest in skills. The following in the .2da should fix the problem:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~THIEFSKL.2da~ THEN BEGIN //Thief Skill 2da
    COPY_EXISTING ~THIEFSKL.2da~ ~override~
    INSERT_2DA_ROW 9 3 ~C!WushiN 40 20~
    END
  • MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    Any news on Unfinished Business? Does the current version seem to work?
  • mormor Member Posts: 16
    I solved the issue I had with the game crushing after installing any mod. In case someone else still have the same problem and has been following the guide at the "Player how-to: Getting mods to work on BGEE" thread. Note that the guide has been updated (second step has been removed) and now it works for me.

• MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    The Exotic Item Pack in BG2 Tweaks is running into a bit of problems:

The Flickering White Ioun Stone, Bag of Plenty, Case of Plenty, and Quiver of Plenty are all showing up as missing strings. All other items are working fine.