Skip to content

Mindscapes: Paths of Uncertainty

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    "Favourite customers? Really? But you look like the boy who lives on the other side of the road. This is the seventh time I'm telling you, I don't sell candies! Now off you go! Shoo! Shoo!" says Wenby to Grem.

"Wait, did you say adventurers? Oh, I see now, you are adventurers indeed. What exactly do you require? As you can see, I'm very busy, and I cannot show you every item that's in my shop right now. I'll only take out what you say, provided it is actually there."

Saying this, Wenby goes back to the table and resumes his alchemical tinkering.
    lolienmashedtatersThacoBellRavenslight
    Wow! @lolien has arrived! :smiley: Welcome, welcome! Get yourself ready, and join us soon! Your breakfast is packed and is there with your friends. ;)
    lolienThacoBellmashedtatersRavenslight
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Looked it up, and my time zone is CST

“Are you sure you don’t have any candy? Wait, that’s not what I wanted to ask.”

I shake my head.

“How much would a wand of magic missiles cost me?”
    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellmashedtatersRavenslight
    "Well, little boy," says Wenby, "are you sure you'll be able to handle such delicate magical items? You know what, these are not meant for playing with your friends. Kids shouldn't try these out at home. First ask your parents for permission, and only then shall I give it to you."

"Anyways, if your Daddy asks for the cost, tell him that a standard Wand of Magic Missiles having 20 charges costs 500 shiny gold pieces. But if someone did a little job for me, I would give it to them for free, yes, you heard it right, for free!"
    ThacoBellmashedtatersRavenslight
    “Ooh, I like free! Alright, gramps, what’s the job?”

I look over at my companions with a comically huge grin. “My parents will be happy to help!”

that Chaotic Neutral alignment hehe
    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellmashedtatersRavenslight
    @lolien A non-violent character would work out absolutely fine! :) This adventure is not just a hack and slash type, it's more about roleplaying, interactions and choices. So, according to me, it's perfectly okay.

And about IWD2, I only mentioned it for describing the point buy system of determining ability scores. Otherwise, there is no need to worry about it! :)
    lolienThacoBellmashedtatersRavenslight
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    *Turns to Gremmalie* "Sure, I'll help. Can't have ur group under-equipped."

How many arrows is a full quiver, and do I need to keep track of them?
    Rik_KirtaniyamashedtaterslolienRavenslight
    edited April 2018
    ThacoBell said:

How many arrows is a full quiver, and do I need to keep track of them?

Not exactly sure about the number, but here I've set it to 400 arrows. I think that'll easily last you through the first few chapters. And you don't need to keep track of them (Who likes to think about such bothersome accounts, huh? ;) ). After a certain time (that is, a definite number of encounters) the initial stock would be used up, but that shall be compensated by the loot you'll get through the course of the story. In fact, buying the arrows was a mere technical formality. :)

Francesco (@lolien), for his kind, benevolent and selfless nature, had once impressed the Great Treant Mynnmar of the Virindale Woods, who has blessed him with the following two items. Francesco shall have them as his starting equipment.

Vine Staff +1 (Quarter-staff) - 15% chance that hit targets are entangled for 3 rounds
    Cloak of the Earthmother - Can cast Sanctuary once a day.

This is to compensate for the fact that Francesco has voluntarily renounced his share of the gold coins. After all, he needs equipment to defend himself and his comrades, and I believe that he will use his items sparingly (since he's non-violent). ;)

Others, don't worry, for you'll also be getting enchanted equipment very soon in the course of the story. :)

"Well, well," says Wenby to Grem, " since your parents are willing to take the responsibility for the safety of their child, I have no qualms. As for the job, the matter is that I need some ingredients for my potions, which are some Blackmist leaves and Hoodwink berries. However, these ingredients are quite rare and can only be found in the Smoky Cliffs, which is not a very nice place. Gontywughs, THIS BIG, are said to live there, and hunt on unwary travelers! I wouldn't go there if I were you!"

Hint: Warning: Though the prospect of getting a shiny new wand for free might sound great, be wary of the Smoky Cliffs. They are INDEED dangerous and not safe for level 1 adventurers. Perhaps you might want to go there later. However, the choice is entirely up to you!
    ThacoBelllolienRavenslight
    @Rik_Kirtaniya

I'm enjoying this quite a bit so far. This is my first real roleplaying experience with other people. Question, I know this is a pretty rules loose story, am I allowed an animal companion as a ranger?
    Rik_KirtaniyamashedtaterslolienRavenslight
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    also how do you make it show as a spoiler?
    mashedtaterslolienRavenslight
    To think that I’ve still been using brackets for spoilers!
    mashedtatersRik_KirtaniyalolienRavenslight
    edited April 2018
    What class is everyone playing?
    Sorcerer
    RVNSlolienRavenslight
    Ranger
    RVNSlolienRavenslight
    @RVNS
    Meet us at the Gnome's shop, we can lead you to the armory. We have your starting share of gold and a packed breakfast!
    mashedtatersRVNSRik_Kirtaniyalolien
    Having awoken late, Ave heads to join the rest of the adventurers at the Gnomes shop.
    ThacoBellRik_KirtaniyalolienRavenslight
    "Looks like we have another late comer. What's your name?"
    mashedtatersRVNSRik_KirtaniyaRavenslight
    @mashedtaters Thanks for the suggestion. I've assembled all the character descriptions in one place. :smiley:

@RVNS Great that you've chosen to play a rogue. It's just what the doctor ordered! Or maybe it was the Gnome next door who ordered it? ;)

As for leadership, how about assigning the person with the highest Charisma here? ;)
    lolienmashedtatersThacoBellRavenslight
    edited April 2018
    Ave (@RVNS ) goes with his new friends to Gunther's Armoury.

"Aye! Another clean-faced boy come to me smithee? It'sh alwaysh good to have new cushtomersh. Sho, what be ye needin'?" says Gunther.

@RVNS, please refer to the equipment lists on the previous page in order to see what is available for buying. If you want some other type of weapons (than what is given there, like for example, short swords), just tell me and Gunther will show you more of his merchandise. :)

Well, now you all (or maybe, anyone of you) must choose where to start the search from. I'm quoting the options from one of my previous comments.

There are several places where you may start. They are as follows:

1. The Grim Forest
    2. The Red Ravine on the west
    3. The Hamlet itself
    4. The Smoky Cliffs to the north
    5. The Corn Fields

After you've decided, the Prologue shall end and Chapter 1 shall begin. B)
    mashedtatersThacoBellRavenslight