Skip to content

Mindscapes: Paths of Uncertainty

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742

Very entertaining, @Rik_Kirtaniya ! Loving it so far!

Thanks @mashedtaters! :smiley: Glad you liked it!

“Mayhap ye can sing a good verse or two about the happening’s around here? Ye know anything about the forest hereabouts? Me and my friends here, we be thinkin’ it’d be worth a few gold coins ter help yer village out.

“Mayhap ye know of any friends that went missing in the course of recent events? Ye could do a good tribute to their memories, if’n they be found dead, by telling us in song of their misfortune. Here, I’ll even buy you a cookie.”

"Coookie!", exclaimed Tommy excitedly, "That would be veery kind of you, Sir! You want to listen to me ballads? 'Tis an honour to sing to noble foreigners!"

Saying this, he starts on a song:

"Grim, grim all around,
    Forest, rivers, skies and ground,
    Darkness hangs in the day,
    Perils stalk you on your way.

The hamlet be cosy 'n' warm,
    No one can here do you harm,
    But outside be full of dangers,
    'Tis not a place for noble strangers!

By and by they went on 'poof'!
    None even saw a cattle hoof
    'Tis a state most sad,
    Never before was it so bad!

We cried, we mourned for the ones lost
    But we couldn't find them at any cost.
    We waited, we waited for the gods' favour,
    Maybe you all could be our saviour?"

Saying this, Tommy's voice choked, and he burst into tears. Those who were assembled there also appeared to be struck with sorrow.
    lolienmashedtatersThacoBellRavenslight
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266

It's not the Triumvirate who directly passed this judgement. There was a decree in the Grand Senate of Hallowmoor, that was supported by the Dwarves of almost all the clans in Vardenshire. In fact, it was the Grimrack clan which first proposed this Act to be enforced. They believe that it was too much of ale that led many a brave dwarf to their imminent doom. Foreigners find it difficult to believe this, but it's true.

“Propaganda!!! Bah!”
    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellSkatanRavenslight
    edited April 2018
    @Skatan You can still add 2 more points to what is now there. :) (If I start explaining about the modifiers, it will get complicated. It's just that the maximum values shouldn't exceed the restrictions imposed by the modifiers, that's it. :)) The total should come to 76.
    lolienThacoBellRavenslight
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    This is an uncommon sight indeed. To me the first site is the most welcoming, but we don't come here for enjoying the nature, but to discover the source of the troubles. Still i suggest to start our investigation at first part of the wood.
    Rik_KirtaniyaSkatanThacoBellRavenslight
    Skatan said:

If this in any way break your planning and world-building, let me know and I will keep it at a minimum by just writing that they fly away and don't return for a long time, this they cannot aid me in the areas where you want them excluded.

Not at all, @Skatan! It's absolutely okay! :) In fact, I really love the idea of the two magpies. It makes me have some deep philosophical thoughts. The idea of your character and his philosophy of Mother Nature has impressed me a lot. It's enlightening. :)

And as for my planning, well, let me tell you, nothing is planned at all! ;) I'm making it all happen spontaneously. So Maggie and Picca can help you! :smiley:

Just keep them close to you when you enter any underground dungeons. ;)
    ThacoBellmashedtatersRavenslight
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    "I trust the instincts of a priest of Chauntea and would follow him down the first path. "Korb, what does your ranger experience tell you? And Ave, what does your keen woodelf senses suggest?"

"Perhaps we can agree to move down the first path.. "
    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellmashedtatersRavenslight
    Nimran said:

“I say we go down the middle path first!”

I was hoping someone would say that. :smiley:

You think that the first path might be the easiest one, but Gremmalie (owing to his high CHA ;) ) convinces you to take the second path.

Ravenslight