Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Mindscapes: Paths of Uncertainty

1356710

Comments

  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,101


    “Any dwarf’d do a better job than a cocky elf-boy, or lizard-dog, or sneaky tree-frolicker, or... or... or a fat pacifist! Bah!”

    If we are speaking about crushing heads or drinking ale you are right Hek (However you must admit that as a fat pacifist i do a decent job in the latter too), but for our leader we need to prefer some other traits like subtlety and cunning. I vote Grem for the position.

    Welcome @RVNS!

    I had some doubt first how this adventure would turn out, but i like it quite a lot so far. Thanks @Rik_Kirtaniya to do the heavy lifting.

    mashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaThacoBellRavenslight
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,101
    edited April 2018
    "A walking in the woods would be nice, i'm not against it.
    But how about asking around here first?"

    "Would you mind if we ask some questions Master Gunther? We are quite new here."

    If he don't mind my questions are:


    -Do you know anything about the dissapeared mercenaries? Do they showed up here before their departure? If yes, did they mentioned anything about their destination?-

    -Has our host's name any connection with the name of the Grim Forest?-

    -What are the things that one have to know about the brother of Mr. Grimlayne?-

    -What do you know about the Smoky Cliffs?-

    Post edited by lolien on
    mashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaThacoBellRavenslight
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,737
    edited April 2018
    "Aye, you want to know about the previoush adventurersh? Ask not about them! Me shaysh they be the lousiest band of vagabondsh I've ever sheen in me life! Sho rude! They come to me smithee and demand thingsh for free! Taught them a nice lesson, did I! Heh, heh! Ran away scared like chickens! Come to threaten a dwarf, ha!"

    "Ash far ash I know, it'sh the Grimlaynesh who be the oldesht family in Arnheim. Shome shay their anceshtorsh been druidsh in the Grim Foresht. I don't know much elshe."

    "Brother of Mr. Grimlayne? Why, he be one of the nicest fellas I've ever met! Maybe you should meet him too! Last week he ordered a big shipment of wi'pons from me smithee! Quite a big patron of me business, I shaysh!"

    "Shmoky Cliffsh! Ah, that place be not for people like ush! Who knowsh what lives there? Ye besht stay far awaysh from that place."

    You did the exactly correct thing, @lolien, in asking the questions. Interrogating the characters is one of the most important part of the adventure. That's exactly how Mindscapes should be played! ;)

    lolienmashedtatersThacoBellRavenslight
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,101
    "One last question from me Master Gunther, and thanks for your furthersome answers. If one's throat is parched, where can be found some decent drink around here?"

    mashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaThacoBellRavenslight
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,737
    edited April 2018
    lolien said:

    "One last question from me Master Gunther, and thanks for your furthersome answers. If one's throat is parched, where can be found some decent drink around here?"

    "Aye, fer dat, ye need'a vishit Marlowe'sh pub. Finesht collection at a reashonable price."
    Nimran said:

    “Hmm, for what purpose would he need so many weapons? Do you know?”

    "He shaysh he be needin' it for the Hamlet'sh shecurity."

    RVNS said:

    From the armory I purchase a wooden long bow and a good supply of iron tipped arrows. I Also grab a dagger, a short sword a buckler and leather armor.
    @RVNS Did you check if the cost of the items is within 200 GP? This is because you start with only 200 golds at first. Also you are writing about what you character is doing, it's not OOC (out of character), so you don't need to use spoiler tags in this case. :)

    NimranmashedtatersThacoBellRavenslight
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,101
    After the others finished here too i suggest to visit the pub for more informations.

    Ave has some spare coins from me. The question is how much the short sword costs. the other equipment costs 170 gold if i counted it right (which is not sure of course).

    ThacoBellmashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaRavenslight
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 279
    @Rik_Kirtaniya

    What is the price of the short sword?

    mashedtatersRavenslight
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 279
    "So tavern then our employer?"

    ThacoBellmashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaRavenslight
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 11,907
    "Sounds like a decent start to me."

    mashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaRavenslight
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,737
    RVNS said:

    What is the price of the short sword?

    "Aye, that be just 20 golds, boy!" says Gunther to Ave.
    That's a total of 190 GP. Well within the limit! :)


    RVNS said:

    Do I know anything of the grim forest being from a nomadic tribe of wood elves or heard anything about them?
    @RVNS Well, the Grim Forest is actually not a very hospitable and comfortable place (as you shall see later), so you don't know much about its specifics. However, you've heard from your people about some magical artifact of some ancient, long-extinct demi-human tribe to be hidden somewhere there. However only you know about it, as of now. Whether you choose to reveal it to your companions is entirely dependent on you. ;)


    Loading Tavern area... Please wait... Meanwhile, enjoy some Turnip Tea! ;)

    ThacoBellmashedtatersRavenslight
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,737
    edited April 2018
    After you leave Gunther's Armory, as decided, you make your way to Marlowe's Pub. It's a little walk to the east, through the narrow road passing between the fields of maize and wheat. The cold morning air chills your noses, and you try to cover them with your hands to keep them warm. A heavy fog hangs in the far distance, and you feel like it might get worse. You quicken your steps, and soon reach the Tavern. A merry music of drums and flutes can be heard coming out from the inside, and you think as if someone is reciting a local ballad to the people assembled there.

    As you step in, you are greeted by a man standing behind a counter on one side. He's of a pale and haggard complexion, but he's got a genuine smile up on his face.

    "Welcome, welcome, good Sirs!" he says. "I suppose you must be new here. Methinks I haven't seen you before. So what brings you here? Want to have a drink to shake off the chill outside? Our local bard, Tommy, is also performing one of his latest masterpieces!" he says, pointing to a jovial-looking halfling delivering a recital on an elevated platform. "Please make yourselves comfortable, and tell me as to how I may serve you."

    ThacoBellmashedtatersRavenslight
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 11,907
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 11,907
    "I see. By chance, do you know the most recent site of the disappearances?"

    lolienmashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaRavenslight
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,101
    "Could we ask for one cup from Master Gunthers' favourite drink? "
    Then i'm whispering to Hek:
    "And if that is butterscotch milkshake we will have a discussion with the smith agree?"

    ThacoBellmashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaRavenslight
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,243
    lolien said:

    "Could we ask for one cup from Master Gunthers' favourite drink? "
    Then i'm whispering to Hek:
    "And if that is butterscotch milkshake we will have a discussion with the smith agree?"

    “Aye, me good fellow priest,” I whisper back. “Any good dwarf worth his weight in ale’d have a remedy fer this place stashed somewhere near hisself, ye can be sure of that. He is a dwarf, after all.”

    Loudly: “I’ll have a butterscotch milkshake! And can ye spare a paper bag, as well? One big enough fer the whole bottle? Make that extra creamy!”

    To himself: “Never thought I’d hear those words pass though me bearded lips. Aye, ‘tis a troubled village fallen on dark, hard times. Mayhap we be finding a cow that eats hops to give this milkshake a good kick, aye, spiked milkshake, that’d tickle the old whiskers going in...”

    Rik_KirtaniyalolienThacoBellRavenslight
Sign In or Register to comment.