Skip to content

[mod] The Ooze's Lounge

13»

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    I.... don't remember. Honestly... I would try a spell. If not... maybe it's not for other eyes than his to see the conent of that chest! :D
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    (I love it if modders confess "I don't remember" about their mods' content. LOL!) B) (Never ever happened to me, I swear! :D )
    Hah! Well, it happens with that many mods released over the years :P
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Hah! Well, it happens with that many mods released over the years :P
    Defintely! It can also happen with only a few mods. ;)
    Sorry for the off-topic!
  • TulgasTulgas Member Posts: 22
    edited October 2020
    Great one, fitting humor (and seems all prepared to made it even better), not too OP rewards. Just what we like in BG.

May be I was too impatient but searched where the hell this dropped door key belonged via NearInfinity. And may be it was mistake and intended way of random discovery is better. It was first run, so I had no idea that door doesn't exist in original game. May be a mob saying something about this exact door would be fitting.

Oh, and
    cloak of sewers
    is must have for wild mage polymorth surges. I couldn't just give it away, seems took it back from dead corpse... Not great.
    Yeah, you get the key while making on of the other big quests in Athkatla :) The description of the key should be a hint of what it may open. I wanted the Ooze's Lounge to be a bit more hiden thus it's all a bit more... cryptic.
    New version is up! V2.9 includes an update of Polish translation! thanks @memory :)
    The link is in the first post. Enjoy!
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 497
    Hi, I just almost finished this mod (need to find an eye), and really it was so fitting with original content.

I must confess than I never so much curse myself for playing with hard gold rules (magic licence costing 20'000 GP, Gaelan wanting 60'000 GP, reduce most mondane magic weapons to fine ones, reputation no longer affecting merchants prices), because you add so much good items to buy, I'm always broke !

I fear I will need to wait unitl chapter 6 to buy most of the nice things.

It is my first BG2 playthrough since some times, and it was hard for me to feel what was original content and what was added by one of your mods.
  • VicenVicen Member Posts: 30
    I can't seem to find the grate /door for the Sewers entrance...and I am certain I installed this before visiting the slums...I could be wrong though...( I have the key to open it) can someone show me where the door / grate is supposed to be?
    It's the grate next to Jan's house.
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    and another great mod. This time I saw what you did thar!! Mod has some not so very hidden massage, agenda. Messege I completely sympatize and agree with. or maybe it is just my imagination? whatever, thank you for this short but very meaningful on a couple of levels, little adventure.
  • SpaceSignalSpaceSignal Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2023
    Hello there, I found isair's blood on a merchanr called Nym, is this a special component?
  • chibisenseichibisensei Member Posts: 36
    Hi
    Just noticed the option to trade the cloak of the sewers - so I traded it and got The Spitter - wow nice sling - the funniest thing was that the mad gnome when he got the cloak used it and transformed into a mustard jelly ...lol

minor bug - when equipped but with no bullets - the Spitter does not show any range of damage in the character screen; when right clicking on the sling in the tool bar (after it is equipped) it goes to the description of the item and not the different ammunition as it is supposed to.

Is the trade worth it - more offense vs potential of defence (using the cloak in case of emergency - although come to think of it I've never used it that way once in all the times I've replayed BG2 - and I don't think I've ever used the transformation function - its just forgotten in the heat of battle or when planning a strategy ... lol) and losing the +1 to AC and adding another item of protection.... hmmmm - the trade might certainly be better. :smiley:

Hello there, I found isair's blood on a merchanr called Nym, is this a special component?
    It may be used to upgrade an item. Which one? You may need to check yourself.
    minor bug - when equipped but with no bullets - the Spitter does not show any range of damage in the character screen; when right clicking on the sling in the tool bar (after it is equipped) it goes to the description of the item and not the different ammunition as it is supposed to.
    I know that, but that's not something I may be able to fix. It looks like the game has problems recognizing this damage because it's not a direct one (normal weapon damage), but applied by an additional effect. But it's such a small thing that I'll just keep pretending the bug isn't there.

I'm glad you like the trade.
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 178
    How to solve the eyeless thingy quest? I never seem to find out what to
    do with regards to the missing eye. Perhaps someone can give a better
    hint what to do?
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 178
    > losing the +1 to AC and adding another item of protection.... hmmmm - the trade might certainly be better.

I like the AC+1 even though it is quite useless, but other mods install so many better cloaks that this
    one always ends up in a bag of holding where I keep items that are nice but no longer useful for the
    party. For instance one mod has some cloak that adds +4 dex which I think yields +2 AC which I think
    is better. Being able to polymorph into jelly can be useful, but I always found it too much work compared
    to just going directly in and murdering everyone with the big fat buffed tanks.
    The eye, iirc, can be obtained from the director from Windspear dungeon.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    The eye, iirc, can be obtained from the director from Windspear dungeon.

Ah, haven't been there yet. Saved the elder orb's eye from the Underdark in case that was the solution.