Skip to content

Avatars not showing in reactions

Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
edited September 2018 in Site Resources
Whenever somebody gave a reaction to someone, their small-sized avatar overlapped by the reaction symbol showed beneath the post to which they reacted. However, they are not appearing anymore except in the original post in a particular thread. That is, the original post shows them all, but the other comments are missing them. Is this intentional or is this a bug? I don't think there is any reason to remove the reactions avatar list, because it is good to see who reacted to our posts, simply so that we can understand who actually "saw" our posts. I hope this is fixed soon. :)
AerakarmlneveseLavaDelVorteltaclaneAnduin

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    We've notified Vanilla about this problem.
    TorgrimmerRik_KirtaniyamlneveseAnduin
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited September 2018

Looks like they are already doing something... It now shows up in some posts...
    Anduin
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    No, actually it showed up on the original post of a particular thread all the time, but not on the other comments in a thread, as I mentioned in my first post. :)

However, they are not appearing anymore except in the original post in a particular thread. That is, the original post shows them all, but the other comments are missing them.

JuliusBorisovMontresor_SPAnduin
    See they are doing something :)
    Rik_KirtaniyaAnduin
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Have heard back from Vanilla. This bug is being worked on.
    Rik_KirtaniyamlneveseAnduin
    Now when you hover over the appropriate reaction button, you can see which user(s) reacted to the post.
    mlneveseAerakar
    Another problem which I can think of is that general users will not be able to see any promotes which they may get, for there is nothing to hover over in that case.
    lefreutAnduin
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I think it's an amusingly ironic coincidence that this has happened after we just had this huge discussion/debate over in off-topic about whether forum reactions are a good thing or a bad thing. :smiley:
    StummvonBordwehrAerakarAnduin
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Agree with what all have said.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Just realised something. This substitute that we now have only tells you who voted for what. Unlink the one that preceded it this no longer tells you when they voted. Given that this site can be a little wonky on occasion and not necessarily telling you what your most recent votes were actually for (i.e. the thing at the top of the list when you look at it), this was somewhat essential information for keeping track of stuff.

TR
    mlnevese[Deleted User]Rik_Kirtaniya
    Vanilla, this is so aggravating. 'Tis disturbing to my demeanour!

Can't we just have a simple revert to the previous system? :|
    mlnevese
    @LavaDelVortel That is not an intended change, that is a bug, which is being worked upon (according to the Vanilla). It affects not only our site.
    edited October 2018
    As of now, they appear to be fixed in the original posts once again. Not in the other posts though.
    These are just 2 options:

leave the "old version" with a bug which is being worked on
    enable the "pop up" option which is heavily criticized
    Rik_KirtaniyaMiridor
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @JuliusBorisov Well, as of this morning, even the hover over isn't working. We can't see who has clicked reactions at all, only the total numbers.
    Aerakar
    @BelgarathMTH This is because I returned to the option 1. The option 2 seemed to get so much negative feedback. The option 1 at least shows the amount of reactions to the OP (for @LavaDelVortel ).
    lolienRik_Kirtaniya
    Sorry, what is "GD"? :)
    @JuliusBorisov I think it stands for General Discussions. :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    hope you can sort this out.
    Aerakar
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I am so glad I am a moderator. We can still see every detail about all reactions, even in this current crisis, with a special "log" button that is next to the reaction buttons. I would be going nuts right now if it weren't for that!
    Anduin
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Tresset said:

I am so glad I am a moderator. We can still see every detail about all reactions, even in this current crisis, with a special "log" button that is next to the reaction buttons. I would be going nuts right now if it weren't for that!

Jeez, that sounds ominous. :#

"We can still see every detail about all reactions"

You mean you can see me swearing or giggling hysterically when I read any post?

They're watching you...see I tolds ya.....the walls have eyes.....
    mlneveseStummvonBordwehrdunbar
    Hey who told you we can see you through your webcam when you're logged in? Now you know too much. I'll have to call the black helicopters.

TressetStummvonBordwehrTorgrimmerUnderstandMouseMagic
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    mlnevese said:

Hey who told you we can see you through your webcam when you're logged in? Now you know too much. I'll have to call the black helicopters.

Ha, I haven't got a webcam....thwarted. :p

(That picture reminds of the Weird Al song "Aluminium Foil")

mlnevese