Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[MOD] Dark Side of the Sword Coast v1.01

Red_CarnelianRed_Carnelian Member Posts: 48
edited November 2018 in BG:EE Mods
DSotSC v1.01 for BGEE and SOD.

Dark Side of the Sword Coast adds many new quests and new NPCs to join your adventures.

This version fixes several compatibility issues from the beta version and contains numerous fixes.

Download DSotSC v1.01

Compatibility: I have tested DSotSC with Dark Horizons, NTotSC and The Stone of Askavar in different installs without any issues. This version is currently not compatible with the World Map mod.

Post edited by Red_Carnelian on
ZaghoulGusindaStummvonBordwehr

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 822
    Congratulations!
    If you say currently not compatible with the World Map mod, will this be added soon? And how is travelling to new areas realized currently?

• Red_CarnelianRed_Carnelian Member Posts: 48
    Yes most likely when I've figured out how to do it. The code block for this looks as follows.

// Forest of Forgotten Souls
    // add links from these area(s) to the new area
    ACTION_DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY toNewArea BEGIN
    "AR2400" => "ExitC012" // Peldvale
    "AR3000" => "ExitC012" // Spiderwood
    "AR2900" => "ExitC012" // Larswood
    "AR1900" => "ExitC012" // Bandit Camp
    "ARC011" => "ExitC012" // Wood of Sharp Teeth
    "ARC012" => "ExitC012" // East Wood of Sharp Teeth
    END

// add links from the new area to these area(s)
    ACTION_DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY fromNewArea BEGIN
    "AR2400" => "ExitC011" // Peldvale
    "AR3000" => "CDNorthExit" // Spiderwood
    "AR2900" => "ExitSW" // Larswood
    "AR1900" => "ExitNW" // Bandit Camp
    "ARC011" => "ExitC012" // Wood of Sharp Teeth
    "ARC012" => "ExitC013" // East Wood of Sharp Teeth
    END

// East Wood of Sharp Teeth
    // calls the function and returns the worldmap entry number for the new area
    LAUNCH_ACTION_FUNCTION sc#addWmpAre
    INT_VAR mapIcon = 27 // map icon
    xCoord = 890 // x coordinate
    yCoord = 416 // y coordinate
    tTime = 2 // travel time *4, so two means eight hours
    inclSv = 1 // include saved games bool: 1 means yes and 0 means no
    STR_VAR areName = "ARC013" // area reference, like "AR0700"
    strName = "" // area name, like "Waukeen's Promenade"
    strDesc = "" // area description which will show up when hovering the area on the worldmap

END

• saber0saber0 Member Posts: 68
    What does this mean?

ERROR: illegal 7-byte write (GONSHM) offset 1500 of 1396-byte file AR5103.ARE
    ERROR: [AR5103.ARE] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("AR5103.ARE: write out of bounds"))
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Dark Side of the Sword Coast For Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Version 1.01], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 476 files for [DS/SETUP-DS.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 476 files for [DS/SETUP-DS.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Failure("AR5103.ARE: write out of bounds")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-DS.DEBUG to http://www.baldursgatemods.com
    Using Language [English]

does this have to do with me having a mac?

• Red_CarnelianRed_Carnelian Member Posts: 48
    Most likely as it's not an issue on Windows. I have no idea how to fix that particular problem. Someone with more experience of BGEE on a Mac may help.

• BrokenkatanaBrokenkatana Member Posts: 18
    I just installed Dark Side on my Mac without any issues. So maybe his issue is with another mod or not using a clean installation? Also thanks Red, Askvar is one of my favorite mods and I'm looking forward to playing this.

yeah no idea why it's haopening

• MacilrilleMacilrille Member Posts: 6
    Big World Setup cannot find or install DS, and when I try to do so myself, I get the following error message:

ERROR locating resource for 'APPEND'
    Resource [BDDIALOG.2DA] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]

ERROR Installing [Dark Side of the Sword Coast For Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Version 1.01b], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 3027 files for [DS/SETUP-DS.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 3027 files for [DS/SETUP-DS.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Failure("resource [BDDIALOG.2DA] not found for 'APPEND'")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-DS.DEBUG to http://www.baldursgatemods.com
    Using Language [English]

So I tried to look for the file myself online, but it is nowhere to be found.

Anybody with a solution?

edited February 10
    Which file where you looking for? If you mean the DSotSC mod package for BG:EE, it would be here: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=197 (EDIT: adding links seems to be broken). That's veryion 1.01, though, as far as I can see, so I don't know where you have your version 1.01b from.

Is it possible that you are on BG:EE without the SoD expansion? That would explain he error message.

Hey Jastey
    I am not certain either. I have tried both though, but can again. I have SOD, as far as I know. I get the option to play it in the selection menu and I paid for it, so I assume I have it.

Ah, yes, I think in plain SoD there is no "BDDIALOG.2da" since the banter are scripted as texts above the NPCs' heads while they are walking through the area ("DisplayStringHead").
    This would be a bug report for SoD, then - the BDDIALOG.2da needs to be created first if not present. Tagging @Red_Carnelian

The 101 worked though.

Now Stratagems is giving me trouble, I shall head to that thread. Thanks for your help.