Skip to content

Nexlit the Xvart Fan Club

HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
No self-respecting BG site is complete without a Nexlit the Xvart Fan Club, so here it is.

Although this started out as a request, it's never going to happen, so I've moved it here.

My favourite character in the entire BG saga is Nexlit the xvart. Unfortunately the player is forced to commit genocide on the xvart village. Nexlit fights bravely but he is cut down by the complete bast**d of a player character.

Ideally we would have wanted more interaction with Nexlit, perhaps a quest or two. Let the player help him defend his village from invading gnolls. Help them negotiate with nearby human settlements for their safety. Then allow the player to massacre Nexlit and all his bluies.

Instead we have to settle with making a tribute to the great man (xvart), and this is the place to do it.
Zymran86BurbBoasterTanthalasWardMajoritasAndreaColomboRazornooberelferinQuartzShapiroKeatsDarkMageLRECartificial_sunlightAlderongiosantiThe_New_RomanceAnduinMikeMastersRenulanneleotheszeMatteoTuriniRomulanPaladinSophiaValshares[Deleted User]SCARY_WIZARDCoryNewbCrevsDaakBhryaenlolien

Comments

• CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    I think we Nexlit would get more affection if he wore a red hat and gained the title Papa :) also Nexlit sounds like a linux ereader program... or necromatic literature... It has all become clear he is a necromancer Xvart and he is tricking us into wholesale slaughter so that he may raise his kin mightier than before and march on The Gate itself!
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    @Cadros: I didn't even consider that possibility! You're right, it's the only logical explanation. I will murder the xvarts twice over on my next playthrough.
    @HeroicSpur No! we must some how outwit him! the only sensible thing to do is dire charm him and deliver him to his arch nemesis Gargamel who is well know for his hate of the short and blue, their magic shall annihilate each other saving us all. I now demand spoof quests with as many smurf references as possible, druids should be able to bribe them with good(smurf)berries. I am literally having a nostalgia overload!
    BoasterKore
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Nexlit is a hero. A hero for his little blue people, and a hero for all the Sword Coast. Nexlit the Xvart is a xvart like no other xvart. If I were a cave bear I'd be his b**** too. There aren't enough xvarts like Nexlit the Xvart in this world, and there aren't enough awesome things I can say about Nexlit. It is a testament to his greatness that he usually withstands my first Fireball. Bless him, and may he never be confused with a smurf.
    @Bhryaen: Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Presumably this is the principle you were trying to employ by fireballing Nexlit the Hero?
    JolanthuswaardeniusBhryaen
    edited June 2012
    "Set a xvart on fire and as many of his xvartic villagers as possible so they leave old Farmer Ned's cows alone."

I like that one better. :-P
    It would appear that is the bi-polar Nexlit the xvart fan club. We seem to have extreme emotional shifts from pure devotion and adoration of Nexlit to murderous rage.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I prefer to think of it as paving the way for Nexlit's successor.

And then killing him too. :)
    @HeroicSpur I'm not even sure which category I fall into!
    Nexlit the Xvart is a bigger man than... well, probably than a kobold
    I think I'm going to say something about Nexlit the Xvart at least once a day. I certainly don't kill him that often, so... I must be a fan >:-)
    According to the forgotten realms wiki xvart's are strongly aligned with rats and wererats, and often have pet rats themselves, yet i see very few/ no rats there... are these true xvarts?!?
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    Well when you can't find any rats, what's an Xvart to do? Nexlit made do pretty well with the resources available to him and got himself a pretty badass bear,
    Alderon
    Rat's are everywhere, I think that the bear is eating the rats, making Nexlit a less than exemplary Xvart
    Aren't there any rats in the cave? In any case Nexlit is an enlightened xvart, and may have moved to a new level of social organisation (the Democratic Republic of Xvart Village), one that excludes rats.
  • MoonsongMoonsong Member Posts: 36
    He could be hiding his rat on his person…..I mean Minsc managed to do it….
    Kore
    What no one knows, what no one ever takes the time to ask him about, is how Nexlit the Xvart is actually a Pied Piper in disguise and could finish "rats in the cellar" quests with a simple tune. But, nooo, kill him like the rat he is, right?

Right. How dare he steal my "rats in the cellar" quest XP...
    Nah, Nexlit is no bard. You can tell by the tendancy of his minions to scatter in fearand his lack of spells. If he were a true bard then he would be able to inspire courage and would have at least the same spell casting ability as Tim from ToB.
    While the xvarts may appear to scatter quickly, that is in fact not because they are running, but because they are thrown back by the explosive detonations of fireballs. In that case Kore, it's more appropriate to say the Xvarts are 'scattered' rather than that they 'scatter'.

On a different note, Nexlit the xvart as a new enhanced edition npc?
    @HeroicSpur So long as he isn't the new romanceable male NPC...

"Here, ladies. We've heard your concerns about Anomen and have processed your request in a way we know you'll all love... Meet... Romanceable Nexlit the Xvart! He's the most sincere ladies' man in the game, he's got a cave bear, and he's blue. What more could you want in a man?"
    KoreLadyEibhilinRhettRomulanPaladin
    If one were to lay in the grass, looking up at the otherwise sunny, cloudless afternoon sky... and Nexlit the Xvart were to stand over one... would one notice him?
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    I demand to see more xvart interactions. Romance options, mini quests (like helping Xvarts cross the bridge) and going on raids with them (destroying innocent people).

No wait I'll be serious now. I want to see the village DO something.
    Could be an evil party quest chain... Some more of these wouldn't go a miss
    I demand to see more xvart interactions. Romance options, mini quests (like helping Xvarts cross the bridge) and going on raids with them (destroying innocent people).

No wait I'll be serious now. I want to see the village DO something.
    On a completely serious note, those suggestions sound awesome, as with Cadros' suggestions for bribing them with goodberries.
    Cadros
    Xvarts are expert rangers. They even recruit carrion crawlers. Just ask the gnolls.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Kore

I have a great and serious idea. The Xvarts want to attack Nashkel. You can either help them, say you'll help them and then warn the citizens, or murder them.

There is the potential to be good or evil, MOAR DEPTH.
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    @Kore

I have a great and serious idea. The Xvarts want to attack Nashkel. You can either help them, say you'll help them and then warn the citizens, or murder them.

There is the potential to be good or evil, MOAR DEPTH.
    Yes but we must make sure no matter what option we go with, Nexlit and his ragtags end up getting killed.
    @Wikkid_Suhn (Morgan Freeman voice over) We all die, it is the manner of our passing and prior accomplishments that matter.