Skip to content

Nexlit the Xvart Fan Club

Comments

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    How about an option to kill their bear god, then pu on a special necklace or ring the bear was wearing, which grands a mass charm on the whole blu village. From that point on you are considered a god by the xvarts and then it could work as a kind of stronghold. Return once a week and receive free bonuses such as potions or new side quests to carry out tasks for the poor oppressed xvarts. Ie. defend their village from a hoard of spiders, wolves, or even orges. The village is set up nice the way it is, the dank cave could easily be transformed into a crude hideout... Just stick a few beds and a fireplace inside.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    edited June 2012
    Maybe Nexlit the Xvart is angry at Borda for high prices or a Potion of Blueness Removal that didn't work (obviously).
    Me and my powerful Xvartian village were about to go teach that pesky potion-seller a lesson, but if you go teach him instead we'll tell you where to find the secret door for the Ulcaster Skeleton Ring Quest...
    CHARNAME response: "Or we could just Fireball you all in one shot..."
    edited June 2012
    I want to know where the girl xvarts are. Even the smurfs had a single smurfette... and... no, not going there... but Nexlit the Xvart must get lonely sometimes. Or maybe he is a stoic leader of his people who won over Ursa the Cave Bear by wisdom and deep fellowship and led those who would follow him far from Farmer Ned's farm where they wouldn't be tempted to slay his cows anymore (as is clearly in their evil blue nature), where they could learn to forge a new life for themselves... a new life of standing in strange rows of six in a small, innocent village all their own in a remote, cave bear-infested wilderness, a place where all their greatest xvartian dreams could come true and their competition with kobolds and gibberlings for how many new adventurers they can kill on the way to Beregost or the FAI from Candlekeep is a thing of the past... Now Nexlit the Xvart has brought them together, all who shared his vision, and they built them a village of short, round huts where a new xvartian happiness could be born, gathering to sing and frollick in a tight ring of awesome blue civilization... just begging for an adventurer's Fireball... "WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Nexlit is not dead.
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    It was merely a setback!!

... Oh, wrong game...
    Nexlit will return in... Thunderxvart
    edited June 2012
    Xvarts aren't just for Fireball explosions anymore... They also make interesting backstab explosion targets... at least with the Gore options turned up...

Left over from my "No Reload" game on the Bioware Forum... and testing the BGEE Forum possibilities...
    Post edited by Bhryaen on
    I look forward to seeing "No Reload" runs of our new module.
    Hey, I'm hoping for a migration personally- our own little total-BG fiefdom- and already the forum possibilities here are superior IMHO, but... well, those folks are pretty wed to Bioware at the present moment. Here's to BGEE winning hearts and minds ;-)
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Please, it's pretty abundantly clear that Nexlit is a Bhaalspawn, and that he's massing an army to take the Gnoll stronghold and establish his own enclave. Nexlit is my favourite villain, more cunning than Sarevok, more complex than Irenicus and more ambitious than Amelyssan.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Communard

If you don't exterminate Nexlit, plus you help that Bhaalspawn escape the city in ToB, that's two pieces of essence unaccounted for when you end the game.

Does this mean there is potentially more taint Ms. Solar didn't tell us about?
    edited June 2012
    What appears to be an ordinary, peaceable, pleasant little village of cute, friendly, murderous blue munchkins is, in fact, a notorious elite xvartian terrorist training camp performing military exercises in preparation for their final assault on the Gnoll Stronghold. And the Public Enemy #1 who's commanding that operation is none other than the Big Bad Blue Boy himself... Nexlit the Xvart. Already they've seized the caves south of the stronghold and can be witnessed making guerilla forays into stronghold itself. Someone has to stop them! That's my gnoll XP they're stealing!

Actually that's an interesting idea. What would happen if you were to arrive at the Gnoll Stronghold only to discover xvarts and gnolls in an entrenched battle over possession of the stronghold?

By the way was there ever a xvart race in DnD before BG? I get the impression that goblins were legally off-limits (as orcs were) so it was decided to make them compensatorily. The original dev team simply didn't factor in how powerful a representative of the BG experience Nexlit the Xvart would turn out!
    rufus_hobart
    @Communard

If you don't exterminate Nexlit, plus you help that Bhaalspawn escape the city in ToB, that's two pieces of essence unaccounted for when you end the game.

Does this mean there is potentially more taint Ms. Solar didn't tell us about?
    Who's to say the Solar isn't simply a disguised Nexlit? Clearly he was playing the very long game, and only after you defeat Amelyssan for him does he steal the essence for himself!

edited June 2012
    @Communard

That bastard Xvart. Once I become Lord of Murder, he takes his pathetic scrap of taint and reproduces with all the saucy blue Xvart ladies and creates a hoard of Great Grand Bhaalspawn, Great Great Grand Bhaalspawn to the point where the taint fades in the essence of generation.

But before that happens, Nexlit will amass and attempt to overthrow me. ME, A GOD.
    Nexlit the Xvart paid her off... Or she feared for her life from his thugs. No one messes with the Blue Man. Nexlit the Xvart sews chaos in his passage.
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    Now we clearly need Nexlit to have his own hero party called the Blue Man Group
    edited June 2012
    Gentlemen, I think we just wrote the plot of Baldur's Gate 3 :D

Baldur's Gate 3: Nexlit's Revenge
    KoreCloutier
    @Bhryaen

...So sayeth, the wise Alaundo. Them prophets doomsaying outside Candlekeep library are WRONG, it was Nexlit he spoke of, not CHARNAME.
    @Communard lol

BG3: Nexlit the Xvart, When Little Blue Screaming Bhaalspawn Get REALLY Mad

Wait, if Nexlit the Xvart is a Bhaalspawn who did Bhaal... you know... score of mortal progeny and all that?
    edited June 2012
    @Communard lol

BG3: Nexlit the Xvart, When Little Blue Screaming Bhaalspawn Get REALLY Mad

Wait, if Nexlit the Xvart is a Bhaalspawn who did Bhaal... you know... score of mortal progeny and all that?
    Ursa. Don't even ask how that works. The gods work in mysterious ways.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited June 2012
    Bhyraen said "Hey, I'm hoping for a migration personally- our own little total-BG fiefdom- and already the forum possibilities here are superior IMHO, but... well, those folks are pretty wed to Bioware at the present moment. Here's to BGEE winning hearts and minds ;-) "

Ahem. Still mostly lurking at the moment, because I've had nothing interesting to say. But still, ahem.

Hilarious thread, by the way. I usually avoid the Xvart village on all my runs precisely because Nexlit's eloquent speech makes me feel guilty. I don't like killing his poor bear, either.

About the board format: positions of post controls are confusing. I pressed the wrong quote button in attempting to quote Bhyraen, above. There need to be graphical lines and boxes to better separate the posts. I guess that might be in the works. Do I understand correctly that this whole forum is currently still under development?
    edited June 2012
    But still, ahem.
    They make lozenges for that you know. Hehe Belgarath! Nice to see a familiar name again. Well, I was thinking of Gate70's comments about a month ago when I said that: what he said about being on too many fora already anyway, etc etc. Hard to see him or many others migrate here, and some even remain Bioware fans, but I can dream. ;-) Bioware has accommodated BG fans for a long time with that forum, yrs worth of posted material to just skip out on, so it's a tough call to imagine it happening. It just can't help occurring to me that if BG players, modders, enthusiasts all gathered in one place rather than the disparate, unbridged fora they go to today, might make for more synergy, productivity... Yeah, just a wish... :-P
    Hilarious thread, by the way. I usually avoid the Xvart village on all my runs precisely because Nexlit's eloquent speech makes me feel guilty. I don't like killing his poor bear, either.
    Oh, I don't like killing those quaint little blue devils either... reprehensible to do to such innocent little dears as them... except with Fireball... Or archery's good. Backstabs too actually, quite fun, especially with Gore up- automatic explosion. Woohoo! Sleep works too, of course, for... come to think of it, not feeling all that guilty, but still... HeroicSpur is right that Nexlit the Xvart has lots of story/ quest potential as the one talking xvart in the game.
    About the board format: positions of post controls are confusing. I pressed the wrong quote button in attempting to quote Bhyraen, above. There need to be graphical lines and boxes to better separate the posts. I guess that might be in the works. Do I understand correctly that this whole forum is currently still under development?
    This type of issue is ripe for the "Community" section- lots of forum complaints and requests there...

• HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    I believe I may have been under the divine influence of Nexlit when I created this fan club. Who else would have the the wisdom, the cunning, the intellect, the brilliance to start a Nexlit the Xvart fan club but the great blue-man himself (through me)?
    Nexlit the Xvart rules. Nexlit the Xvart rules all. Wait, that's Tiax... But still, soon he'll be demanding special announcement status for his thread too.

Well, I don't have many ideas yet for the BGEE Collector's Edition Boxed Set, but- just one idea came to mind- how about this? A figurine of Nexlit the Xvart might be too much... but just think of it... Just a simple token of respect and admiration for this, this unusual blue hero whose modest gallantry and humble knightliness and... stuff. This champion of xvarthood like no other champion of, well, anything similar to xvarthood... which isn't really similar to much... except koboldhood maybe... or goblinhood, but that doesn't count in BG... And this figurine should have Nexlit the Xvart in a natural pose of stoic blue manlinesshood, peering off into the cave-bear infested hills, holding a trusty short sword in one hand, his other hand resting confidently and diminutively on his trusty lifelong Guenhwyvar-like companion, Ursa the Cave Bear, while the both of them are wreathed in almost a saintly glowing halo of crackling, red Fireball flames, both figurines somewhat singed for effect. Yes, that would do it. *sighs, clearly touched*
    @Bhryaen: I would pay money for Nexlit the Xvart.
    Well if you find enough people then you could club together and find a sculptor, and mold maker then your dream could be realised :)
    @Cadros: Or I could just get some blu-tack...
    Blasphemy! Surely Nexlit could only truly be rendered in purest illithium!

Fashion sense. That's all I'm saying.
    edited June 2012
    [REQUEST] Restore Proper Body Proportions to Xvart Animations as per PnP DnD.

Presently xvarts simply look like fat upright kobolds, large-headed human children, skinny halflings, very short blue elves, or tall smurfs. They have a proper appearance, and we all know it well from those few moments we take before we shoot an arrow into them to hear that xvart death gurgle: that of a huge head with a small body that can't possibly support such a massive head proportionately. BGEE devs, please make this correction your top priority.

For an example of the proper xvart appearance, I discovered this campaign poster from the last election period in Xvartville:

Post edited by Bhryaen on