Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

(Non top tier) favorite weapons

2»

Comments

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 640
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Poisoned Throwing Daggers. My favorite all-series run was with a pure Shadowdancer and I scooped up every last set of these babies I could find in Athkatla. Useful against a wide array of enemies especially when you hide for most of combat.

Back before Poison Weapon was nerfed (back when it dealt 12 extra damage over 1 round per hit with no save and could be applied multiple times per round), I did a BG2 playthrough using an Assassin/Mage. Poisoned Throwing Daggers (and other poison missiles) were great because their poison damage stacked with the poison damage from Poison Weapon.

Probably hopeless to hope for a poison weapon improvement in the next patch, but hope dies last!

StummvonBordwehr
  • piggy1753piggy1753 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 8
    BG1: katana+1.Does 11 damage under kai (same as a long sword +3), thus making it a good weapon for Kensai alone. Of course the long term goal is CF.

BG2: ardulia’s fall/Jerrod’s mace. These are for Minsc before he learns another weapon type. Dual-wielding does more damage than 2 handed any day. The slow effect is also very strong, especially combined with GM.

Pixie prick. It serves well as a back up weapon for dagger throwers. It is like a weaker version of CF but still a powerful one itself, if the focus is on the control effect not the damage.

gorgonzolaAerakar
  • PraxPrax Member Posts: 8
    edited March 13
    Skatan wrote: »

I also like Usuno's blade +4.

Yes, its a great early weapon along with Short Sword of Mask +4. Both the earliest +4 weapons you can get, along with Daystar and Burning Earth, which are situationally +4 weapons.

One thing that frustrates me about Usono is the no Druids requirement. Would be a great fighter/druid weapon, otherwise.

AerakarStummvonBordwehrSkatan
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 3,850
    edited March 14
    Dragon's Breath.

It's like the Flail of Ages but for two-handers. Like the FoA it destroys spellcasters!

AerakarThacoBellsemiticgod
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 4,621
    Prax wrote: »
    Skatan wrote: »

I also like Usuno's blade +4.

Yes, its a great early weapon along with Short Sword of Mask +4. Both the earliest +4 weapons you can get, along with Daystar and Burning Earth, which are situationally +4 weapons.

One thing that frustrates me about Usono is the no Druids requirement. Would be a great fighter/druid weapon, otherwise.

@Prax is your concern specifically about this weapon or restrictions generally? Both druids and clerics have major restrictions on weapons they can use and Usuno's Blade is not usable as a result of those rather than anything specific to the weapon itself. Would you prefer it if the weapon was a scimitar so that it could be used by druids?

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 1,929
    edited March 14
    Prax wrote: »

you forgot to mention the staff of ryn +4, the sword only paladins can use and the sling of everard that are +5.

Balrog99 wrote: »
    Dragon's Breath.

It's like the Flail of Ages but for two-handers. Like the FoA it destroys spellcasters!
    like foa it has elemental damage that pass trough stoneskin, also other weapons have it, but is true that those 2 have many of them. i am not sure if it gives a better chance to disrupt spells.
    what foa has more than dragon's breath is that you can have it in chap 2, has a chance to slow the enemy, can be upgraded up to +5. i personally find that, if someone uses it having good apr, the most important characteristic on foa is the slow effect that has a percentage of success, but can not be saved. a foe slowed by it has halved apr and doubled casting time, and as there is no save, hit him enough times and you are sure that it happens. the slow effect stacks with itself.
    a weapon that you can have at the beginning of soa and is still one of the best weapons at the end of tob is really valuable.
    that told i agree that dragon's breath is a very good weapon.

Balrog99
2»