Vienxay is an exiled shadowmage from the Elven homeland, Evermeet. Arrogant and pretentious, she takes her time away from her home bitterly, seeking revenge against her old mentor who framed her for the murder of an elf, or so she claims. Her talents in both thievery and magic promise utility and great skill at moving in and out unseen, but she will be slow to develop in either skillset.
She can be found outside of the Friendly Arm Inn, looking for mercenaries or adventurers to help her achieve revenge.
In Siege of Dragonspear, she can be found in the prison in Baldur's Gate. Enlisting her grants her freedom and her company.Details
Alignment: Neutral Evil
SHADOWMAGE: Shadowmages are mage-thieves that can draw both on shadow magic and the weave, with the cunning and stealth of the shadowdancer and the mage's arsenal of spells.
While shadow magic is not the same as the shadow weave, many are drawn to it and can learn to use it. It's dark magic gives it poor public opinion, and most of its practicioners are non-good.
- + 15% Bonus to Hide in Shadows and Move Silently
- Slippery Mind: +1 bonus to saving throws
- May cast Shadow Jump once per day. Gains one use at level 5 and an additional use every 5 levels thereafter.
SHADOW JUMP: Manipulating shadow, the shadowmage teleports to the selected living creature, be it ally or enemy, unseen as per the invisiblity spell. For the next twelve seconds, they gain +2 to their backstab modifier and remain unseen until they make an attack.
- Alignment restricted to any non-lawful and non-good
- Backstab multiplier is one less than an unkitted Thief, cannot backstab until level 5.
- May only distribute 20 skill points per level (30 at level 1) among thieving skills
- Cannot Hide in Plain Sight.
- Cannot put points into Set Trap
- Hit Die: d5Mod Content
– One new party member with a unique shadowdancer/mage multi-class.
– New spells and items
– 7 friendship talks with the PC in BG1, 6 in SoD
– Banters with every BG:EE and SoD NPC
– A questline in BG1.
– A romance with any elf, half-orc, human, or half-elf male PC in Siege of Dragonspear.
– Crossmod content with Drake, Emily, Helga, Kale, and Recorder.
- Optional Music SoundtrackQ&A
Q: Is this mod compatible with EET?
A: Yes. (If for some reason it is not, let me know.)
Q: Will you merge this mod with the other four in a single download?
A: Currently this is difficult for BG1, as the first three were heavily traified, and share some file names with the same number scaling. This means a lot of renaming would be required to get the mod to work. Thus I would rather spend time developing content for BG2 than configuring them in one file. It's not an explicit no, but definitely low priority at best. The BG2 parts of these mod however, will be an all in one file with convenience in mind.
Q: When will the BG2 content be released?
A: I'm in planning stages at the moment, and will start writing/coding officially on the 1st. I'll make a thread on that date in the BG2 mod section where you can follow progress. My estimated time of completion is in Spring.
If you have other questions, post below and I will respond swiftly.