Skip to content

Evil run

Hello,
I’m actually finishing a good/Rp party with a berserker9/mage.
Then, I want to focus on an evil run, a real evil run (not just take bad npc and take the good way). I never done that before in years.

My idea is to play with Viconia, Edwin, Kagain-Korgan and Dorn for the « core-team » + Sarevok later. I’ll ditch Imoen right away and let her in spellhood (I’m really really bad !) (I cant play without imy :))
I want to kill everybody with a sword in front of me, like soldiers of the flaming fist (for exemple), or everybody with power at the time I don’t need them anymore (like Thalandyr, priests in temples ...). I want to take the bohdi’s way too and destroy everybody in the end.

I don’t know if I’m ready for this ...

I have few thoughts for my charname :
- thief/illu gnome
- barb/Druid half orc (exotic one)
- Blade human
- I love fighter/thief dwarf but maybe not enough evil

Other ideas?
Suggestion? Alignement?
Thanks

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited April 2019
    Avoid killing thalantyr until BG's gates are open, he's the best salesperson you can trade with before that.
    Post edited by DJKajuru on
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ah, the good ol' genocide runs, i've done a couple of those back in the day, for bg1 its not too bad, realistically once your team is around level 7 with some decent gear the flaming fist are push overs

bg2 on the other hand, be prepared to fight a lot of amnish soldiers and cowled wizards, being very profitable with all those suits of full plate mail ( which will be nice because your REP will be 1 ) also, i would wait until chapter 6 before you start the genocide run in bg2, because some characters are unkillable or you might accidently summon arkanis gath and he cant be killed and he kills you in one hit when he hits regardless of what protections you have
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    You are lacking a thief in your party so your PC should be that unless you want to take Monty/Tiax, Hexxat in BG2.

Try to keep your rep between 3-5 to see all the evil encounters and still use stores in BG.

In BG2 just look for all the evil options when conpleting quests (they exist).
  • SouplesseSouplesse Member Posts: 131
    Ok, i’ll wait chapter 6 in bg2 ;) I never heard about arkanis hate before (of course)...

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Unless an EE update changed it, you can survive Arkanis Gath's instant death sword by using Death Ward. The instant death effect is a level 0 slay opcode with no save that bypasses MR, so Death Ward will block it just fine. Though I'm not sure if Arkanis Gath can still be killed with stat drain, like he could in the original game.
    semiticgod wrote: »
    Unless an EE update changed it, you can survive Arkanis Gath's instant death sword by using Death Ward. The instant death effect is a level 0 slay opcode with no save that bypasses MR, so Death Ward will block it just fine. Though I'm not sure if Arkanis Gath can still be killed with stat drain, like he could in the original game.

or you can just wait until chapter 6 and then we wont attack your team at all :) ( thanks for the EEs making that happen )
    @sarevok57: Is Renal Bloodscalp still there in Chapter 6? I thought he vanished after you left for Spellhold, so it was only possible to loot his Boots of Speed by surviving Arkanis Gath and then siding with Bodhi.
    @sarevok57: Is Renal Bloodscalp still there in Chapter 6? I thought he vanished after you left for Spellhold, so it was only possible to loot his Boots of Speed by surviving Arkanis Gath and then siding with Bodhi.

he is still there chillin' like a champ, plus he has to be there in case you were a thief because you have to pay him your fare every 5 days
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    "My idea is to play with Viconia, Edwin, Kagain-Korgan and Dorn for the « core-team » + Sarevok later."

"I have few thoughts for my charname :
    - thief/illu gnome
    - barb/Druid half orc (exotic one)
    - Blade human"

I'd go with either the T/I gnome or the Blade and use bows. Gotta spend all those nifty arrows you collect, right? Also, a thief is preferable so the former is probably the better for your team composition.

"- I love fighter/thief dwarf but maybe not enough evil"

Personally I find it easier to consider a dwarf to be truly evil than a gnome. Those gnomes just look to cheerful to be really and truly evil, but maybe that's just me. So with this said, a F/T dwarf is always a great option as well. Also, dwarfs are always the coolest race.
    Aerakar
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    he is no more killed by stat drain nor by any other method i did try.
    to survive him there are also other ways, not only death ward. in original i often use a toon protected by pfmw then cast time stop, and i take renal boots in almost all the runs in chap 6 even if i never sided with bodhi.

Apparently an EE update added the "minimum base stats" opcode to the MINHP1.itm, which means every plot-critical critter should survive any amount of stat drain. I knew an update added that, but I was under the impression that a later update then removed it. Maybe it's been there all along; I haven't really tested it in some time.

In that case, Arkanis Gath should be completely immortal to all player-available, unmodded spells and items. You'd need a mod to be able to kill him.
    i had tested it in version 2.3.67.3 and i don't update it as i don't like some nerf introduced after it, so is possible that now is again possible to kill him for level drain.
    and that don't prevent to get the boots anyway, if you can protect your toons, thing that is easily done as afaik he is not able to see trough invisibility, and able to kill fast renal.
    but wait, now i am not sure, but is possible that in the version i use renal's corpse don't drop as loot the boots. i tested the thing in my first ee run, but as i usually run small parties i don't really need also that boots, so some time has passed and i am not completely sure of what i remember...
    in vanilla SoA arkanis could see through invisibility, PfMW did not protect you from him ( although i dont know if death ward did ) and if he *strikes* you in melee you die instantly

but, with that being said, if you were outside of melee range he would start using a "missile weapon" ( lol ? because he was just meleeing with his dagger ) and he actually had TO HIT you, for the death effect to go off

so what i used to do back in the day, is have said party hasted and ready to run at the entrance of the thieve's guild and have the top guy with all the crazy cool AC items ready to go with a belt of piercing and the vorpal sword

so i would ring of gaxx vorpal sword user to get 7 attacks per round, and i could get probably about 4 attacks in before ol' arkanis came in crashing the party

the goal here was to have renal die instantly from the vorpal hit, and when he did, i would pilfer all of his goodies, and then while paused, switch on all of my good AC items ( especially against piercing weapons ) and have that character run like stink

usually at this point in the game arkanis needed a natural 18 to hit me, so i had a pretty good chance of making it out

and i made sure that was the last thing i did in the docks district because i could never go back there again without getting harassed by mr gath ( good thing he doesn't relentlessly follow you like the holmes who wants drizzt's items back, harpel... something er rather, been a while since i met up with that guy )

but as a said before, luckily in the EEs, in chapter 6 you can murder renal ( and aran if you wish ) with absolutely no repercussions
    yep, but the fun part was to kill arkanis or to kill renal and run fast as you can, to clear the whole st headquarter in chap 6, if there is not the invincible avenger, is not a big deal...
    sarevok57